Start by marking “Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen” as Want to Read:
Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen

Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen (50 Ideas You Really Need to Know )

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  18 reviews
How different are men and women's brains? Does altruism really exist? Are our minds blank slates at birth? And do dreams reveal our unconscious desires? If you have you ever grappled with these concepts, or tried your hand as an amateur psychologist, "50 Psychology Ideas You Really Need to Know" could be just the book for you. Not only providing the answers to these questi
Published January 22nd 2010 by Spektrum Akademischer Verlag (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen

Phạm Hà
It was ok as an introduction to psychology, but nothing is explained deeply enough. As expected, though.
I enjoyed reading this one a lot more that the "Literature" one.
For a Pop-Science book and the space limitations the format brings with it, about three and half pages per topic, I think Adrian Furnham does a good job trying to explain major themes and current views within the field of psychology.

The order in which the single topics are presented seem less random as well, delievered with more thought and as such at times actually building on one another.

I admittedly understand very few of psychol
Se me ha quedado un regusto amargo.
Con lo mucho que me gustó el de Genética... Obviamente, aunque pertenezcan a la misma colección de libros, los autores no son los mismos, y por tanto el enfoque que aportan unos u otros pueden ser muy dispares. Aunque esta conclusión la saco habiéndome leído sólo dos de ellos. El próximo que será será el de Literatura o de Política.
¿Qué le ha fallado al 50 cosas sobre Psicología? Pues explicaciones. El autor suelta unas chapas de cuidado en los capítulos que pu
Joanne Park
As a complete novice to the entire subject of psychology, I found the book fascinating. For other readers, more experienced in the subject, seemed to be disappointed, I thought the book was full of new and interesting ideas. I picked up the book because of a new interest in psychology and was not disappointed for it.

What I liked: This book really seems to be for beginners since the author didn't go very deeply into each subject, but simply introduced psychology ideas and a few main subcatergorie
Gustav Johannessen

Since the books of the '50 ideas' series is very dependent upon the reader and context, I should probably start by stating where I come from: I'm eightteen, and beginning psychology classes in school in two months' time. I ordered this book from Amazon half a year ago to get a basic idea of what I'm going to have to know by then, and only just got around to reading it.

I've given the book three stars because I feel very much the same way about the concept and the execution: both have their strong
Tim Pendry
A disappointing book but a lot of this is down to the format and to weak editing rather than the quality of the material. Breaking down latest thinking and history into just 50 four-page gobbets of information just does not work. It is not only that there is no cohesion to the book but some subjects are presented like technical treatises while others are trite run-throughs of complex matters that are far better covered by a quick search through Wikipedia.

The editing, at times, is a disgrace. The
Igor Chertkov
Felt like a wasted potential. Great idea of a book, but execution lacking. Way too much space devoted to history and irrelevant uninteresting things, while nothing was discussed properly. In essence, it was just slightly less dry than a collection of 50 Wikipedia articles on psychology, less detailed as well.
Well, it's okay. If you've already got a basic grasp on psychology/if you've taken a psychology in your time, you're not going to learn anything new. I wouldn't say it's 'stuff you really need to know', because if you're going to encounter any of the ideas presented in this book regularly, you're likely to have already known them. Furthermore, I think a lot of these ideas aren't things you 'really need to know', but more, 'things that you might encounter some point in your life, and you won't li ...more
Wilde Sky
The basic idea of this book was interesting, presenting the “50 big ideas in psychology”, but the execution was poor (in my opinion) as it read like a series of slight magazine articles. I didn’t feel that I gained any real in-depth understanding of any of the concepts presented.
Very interesting book if you are really into the workings of the mind. Good for beginners who are just getting into the subject of psychology as it covers a wide range of topics.
If you have a solid backing in Psychology, you probably won't get a whole lot from this book. It's more or less a series of tasters rather than giving a really depth layups of any of the 50 topics. Hard to do in only 200 or so pages and when almost all of the topics have books written about. However, if you are someone who has never picked up a psych book or walked into a class but have an interest, this book might be useful. Rather than getting weighed down on one specific topic.
Well, I'm cheating on this one, because by "read" I mean partially read and decided it wasn't well written enough to continue with. Not even good enough to make it to the temporarily abandoned shelf where books go who seem great but I just don't have the time/energy to do them justice, or can't be bothered to finish.

The idea of this is great but the writing is cumbersome.
Michael Jay
(15 Jun 2011) A good start. My sister-in-law (In Turkish I would call her my "yenge" or "görümce") challenged me to read 20 books, and when we were in Izmir we found a bookstore with books in English and Turkish. This looked like a keeper, a good refresher for me with my study interests.

Bryan Mcguirk
this book will provide the reader with an introduction to some of the basic concepts in the study of psychology .
it is more of a textbook , so it can be a little dry ; not much anecdotal content .
Feb 13, 2013 Mo marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
شاهدت هذا الكتاب في مكتبة جرير شهر رمضان الماضي ولم أتحمس ولكن اليوم لم أجد ما يشدني الا هو لاسيما ولي علاقة قديمة بعلم النفس وكتاب آخر عن قوة الارادة محشو بالقصص التي لا أحبها
-la psicología no es lo mío.
-no puedo leer libros en formato artículos autoconclusivos de 4 carillas que no tienen relación entre sí.
Zulaikha Sizarifalina
a good book... i am using it as a reference to some of the situations in my life
Merve Kasap
Merve Kasap marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Elisabeth Menden
Elisabeth Menden is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2015
Aseel Alعrgoubi
Aseel Alعrgoubi marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Sarah AlSultan
Sarah AlSultan marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Lamia Khoury
Lamia Khoury marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Ailes marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Tabatha Rose
Tabatha Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Jiří Sedlář
Jiří Sedlář marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Lindsay Durdle
Lindsay Durdle marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Aya is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2015
  • Universe: 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Big Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Mathematical Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Genetics Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Management Ideas You Really Need To Know
  • 50 Literature Ideas You Really Need to Know (Hardcover)
  • 50 Architecture Ideas You Really Need to Know (50 Ideas You Really Need to Know series)
  • Great Books of the Western World
  • 50 Economics Ideas
  • Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist: Effective Modeling in RDFS and OWL
  • Burnham's Celestial Handbook: An Observer's Guide to the Universe Beyond the Solar System, Volume 1: Andromeda Through Cetus
  • The Backyard Astronomer's Guide
  • Tell Me I'm Here: One Family's Experience of Schizophrenia
  • 30-Second Psychology: The 50 Most Thought-Provoking Psychology Theories, Each Explained in Half a Minute
  • Mindhacker: 60 Tips, Tricks, and Games to Take Your Mind to the Next Level
  • Programming the Semantic Web
  • The Three-Pound Enigma: The Human Brain and the Quest to Unlock Its Mysteries
  • Sulalatus Salatin (Sejarah Melayu)

50 Ideas You Really Need to Know (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • 50 Art Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Big Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Digital Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • Earth: 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know. by Martin Redfern
  • 50 Economics Ideas
  • The Future: 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Genetics Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Literature Ideas You Really Need to Know (Hardcover)
  • 50 Management Ideas You Really Need To Know
Body Language in Business: Decoding the Signals Personality and Intelligence at Work: Exploring and Explaining Individual Differences at Work The Elephant In the Boardroom: The Causes of Leadership Derailment The Psychology of Behaviour at Work: The Individual in the Organisation High Potential: How to Spot, Manage and Develop Talented People at Work