Start by marking “Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen” as Want to Read:
Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen

Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen (50 Ideas You Really Need to Know )

How different are men and women's brains? Does altruism really exist? Are our minds blank slates at birth? And do dreams reveal our unconscious desires? If you have you ever grappled with these concepts, or tried your hand as an amateur psychologist, "50 Psychology Ideas You Really Need to Know" could be just the book for you. Not only providing the answers to these questi
Published January 22nd 2010 by Spektrum Akademischer Verlag (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychologie 50 Schlüsselideen

Phạm Hà
It was ok as an introduction to psychology, but nothing is explained deeply enough. As expected, though.
Gerd
Sep 06, 2014 Gerd rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this one a lot more that the "Literature" one.
For a Pop-Science book and the space limitations the format brings with it, about three and half pages per topic, I think Adrian Furnham does a good job trying to explain major themes and current views within the field of psychology.

The order in which the single topics are presented seem less random as well, delievered with more thought and as such at times actually building on one another.

I admittedly understand very few of psychol
Luis
Nov 26, 2011 Luis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: essay, 50-ideas
Se me ha quedado un regusto amargo.
Con lo mucho que me gustó el de Genética... Obviamente, aunque pertenezcan a la misma colección de libros, los autores no son los mismos, y por tanto el enfoque que aportan unos u otros pueden ser muy dispares. Aunque esta conclusión la saco habiéndome leído sólo dos de ellos. El próximo que será será el de Literatura o de Política.
¿Qué le ha fallado al 50 cosas sobre Psicología? Pues explicaciones. El autor suelta unas chapas de cuidado en los capítulos que pu
Joanne Park
Mar 21, 2012 Joanne Park rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a complete novice to the entire subject of psychology, I found the book fascinating. For other readers, more experienced in the subject, seemed to be disappointed, I thought the book was full of new and interesting ideas. I picked up the book because of a new interest in psychology and was not disappointed for it.

What I liked: This book really seems to be for beginners since the author didn't go very deeply into each subject, but simply introduced psychology ideas and a few main subcatergorie
Gustav Johannessen

Since the books of the '50 ideas' series is very dependent upon the reader and context, I should probably start by stating where I come from: I'm eightteen, and beginning psychology classes in school in two months' time. I ordered this book from Amazon half a year ago to get a basic idea of what I'm going to have to know by then, and only just got around to reading it.

I've given the book three stars because I feel very much the same way about the concept and the execution: both have their strong
Tim Pendry
A disappointing book but a lot of this is down to the format and to weak editing rather than the quality of the material. Breaking down latest thinking and history into just 50 four-page gobbets of information just does not work. It is not only that there is no cohesion to the book but some subjects are presented like technical treatises while others are trite run-throughs of complex matters that are far better covered by a quick search through Wikipedia.

The editing, at times, is a disgrace. The
Ben Bampton
A very good starting point for anyone looking to get an overview of psychology. This book covers almost every field of psychology, including the founding roots of the subject.
However, it does only that: covers. Most of the topics are explored broadly, with specialist terms and important, in-depth areas only listed, rather than explained further. A book that provides the same overview but much more depth is the highly commended The Psychology Book, by Nigel Benson and others.
Cubukcu
Pisikolojiye giriş kitabı gibi düşünülebilir. Konular çok yüzeysel işlenmiş. Derine inilmemiş. Ben pisikolojiye meraklı olduğum ve bu konularda daha önce başka kitaplarda okumuş olduğum için anlatılanları anlamakta zorluk çekmedim, ancak çok yüzeysel bir anlatım olduğu için konuya tamamen yabancı kişiler için bazı konuların anlaşılması güç olur mu onu da bilemiyorum.
Igor Chertkov
Felt like a wasted potential. Great idea of a book, but execution lacking. Way too much space devoted to history and irrelevant uninteresting things, while nothing was discussed properly. In essence, it was just slightly less dry than a collection of 50 Wikipedia articles on psychology, less detailed as well.
Jay
Well, it's okay. If you've already got a basic grasp on psychology/if you've taken a psychology in your time, you're not going to learn anything new. I wouldn't say it's 'stuff you really need to know', because if you're going to encounter any of the ideas presented in this book regularly, you're likely to have already known them. Furthermore, I think a lot of these ideas aren't things you 'really need to know', but more, 'things that you might encounter some point in your life, and you won't li ...more
Wilde Sky
The basic idea of this book was interesting, presenting the “50 big ideas in psychology”, but the execution was poor (in my opinion) as it read like a series of slight magazine articles. I didn’t feel that I gained any real in-depth understanding of any of the concepts presented.
Sophie
Mar 14, 2014 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book if you are really into the workings of the mind. Good for beginners who are just getting into the subject of psychology as it covers a wide range of topics.
Dv8tion
If you have a solid backing in Psychology, you probably won't get a whole lot from this book. It's more or less a series of tasters rather than giving a really depth layups of any of the 50 topics. Hard to do in only 200 or so pages and when almost all of the topics have books written about. However, if you are someone who has never picked up a psych book or walked into a class but have an interest, this book might be useful. Rather than getting weighed down on one specific topic.
Meredith
Jul 05, 2012 Meredith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Well, I'm cheating on this one, because by "read" I mean partially read and decided it wasn't well written enough to continue with. Not even good enough to make it to the temporarily abandoned shelf where books go who seem great but I just don't have the time/energy to do them justice, or can't be bothered to finish.

The idea of this is great but the writing is cumbersome.
Michael Jay
Nov 11, 2011 Michael Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(15 Jun 2011) A good start. My sister-in-law (In Turkish I would call her my "yenge" or "görümce") challenged me to read 20 books, and when we were in Izmir we found a bookstore with books in English and Turkish. This looked like a keeper, a good refresher for me with my study interests.

Bryan Mcguirk
this book will provide the reader with an introduction to some of the basic concepts in the study of psychology .
it is more of a textbook , so it can be a little dry ; not much anecdotal content .
Hiparquia
Conclusiones:
-la psicología no es lo mío.
-no puedo leer libros en formato artículos autoconclusivos de 4 carillas que no tienen relación entre sí.
Zulaikha Sizarifalina
a good book... i am using it as a reference to some of the situations in my life
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Hontoukaisoo
Hontoukaisoo rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Haloda
Haloda marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Alexander Toman
Alexander Toman rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Remy
Remy added it
Sep 17, 2016
Kardelen Kanığ
Kardelen Kanığ is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2016
Asiye Dilara Han
Asiye Dilara Han marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Josephihne
Josephihne marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Georgia Perkins
Georgia Perkins marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
  • 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know Religion
  • 50 Management Ideas You Really Need To Know
  • 50 Literature Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 50 Economics Ideas
  • 50 Architecture Ideas You Really Need to Know (50 Ideas You Really Need to Know series)
  • The Future: 50 Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • 30-Second Psychology: The 50 Most Thought-Provoking Psychology Theories, Each Explained in Half a Minute
  • 50 Art Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • Burnham's Celestial Handbook: An Observer's Guide to the Universe Beyond the Solar System, Volume 1: Andromeda Through Cetus
  • Great Books of the Western World
  • Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist: Effective Modeling in RDFS and OWL
  • Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger and Aggression
  • Psychology: A Very Short Introduction
  • The Backyard Astronomer's Guide

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

50 Ideas You Really Need to Know (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • 50 Art Ideas You Really Need to Know