Start by marking “They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts? (Emily, #2)” as Want to Read:
They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts? (Emily, #2)

They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts? (Emily #2)

Subject: Emily’s Glossary for People Who Haven’t Been to Scotland
From: Mrs.Legolas@kiltnet.com
To: Dru@seattlegrrl.com

Faffing about: running around doing nothing. In other words, spending a month supposedly doing work experience on a Scottish sheep farm, but really spending days on Kilt Watch at the nearest castle.

Schottie: Scottish Hottie, also known as Ruaraidh, the subje
Published January 1st 2004 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Wear WHAT Under Their Kilts?

The Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenEragon by Christopher PaoliniThe Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn MoriartyThe Golem's Eye by Jonathan StroudHow I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
YA Novels of 2004
55th out of 113 books — 24 voters
Owlflight by Mercedes LackeyWhat's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria LaurieThe Lawman by Vicki Lewis ThompsonProtector by Larry NivenInfinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Purchased June 2012
15th out of 49 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Alberta Adji
Feb 15, 2014 Alberta Adji rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really made my day! I love Emily, she's funny, witty, but has a golden heart.
I thought at first she was so shallow and only had fluttering butterflies inside her brain, but then she continued to be the best friend I've always secretly wanted to have.
My favorite part is when she told Aunt Tim how Holly might be making a terrible mistake by dating Ruaraidh.
She insisted on telling her best mate that she's running on a slippery slope, but then eventually let her friend live her own life.
Elizabeth
Sep 10, 2014 Elizabeth rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book mostly for the humor. There were many times that Emily annoyed the living daylights out of me, but I think that is because of her teenager ways. I would love to say that her boy craziness is exaggerated, but it's really not and the shenanigans she gets into because of it are pretty funny. It's been a while since I read the first one in this series but I do feel like Emily had more character growth in this book. I really liked how she realized that she wasn't actually crushing ...more
Karen
Nov 29, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
Yup, still very much liking these books. Emily just gets herself in super funny situations. I laughed so hard during the whole spray painting sheep bit. And the two-headed hedgehog? Oh my Crod! Of course she's completely blind that Fang is the right guy for her, but there are still several books left (and supposedly new ones will come out) so I have hope that she'll figure it out eventually.
Lyndi
Jun 04, 2016 Lyndi rated it liked it
I bought this at my library book sale only because of the title. I didn't realize that it was a YA book. I gave it 3 stars because parts of it were really funny, but overall it was probably only 2 stars for me.
The book is written as a series of emails written by Emily to friends while she is at her aunt's sheep farm in Scotland doing a work study. Her bungled attempts to help with the sheep chores (especially the sheep graffiti) and to impress the farm hand Rauriadh were amusing. I thought Emily
Cyndi Tefft
Apr 25, 2015 Cyndi Tefft rated it did not like it
Cute idea but I felt like the author was trying too hard with the teen lingo. It was excessive and exhausting so I just couldn't get into it.
Jenny
Mar 07, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, fantasy, realistic
Emily and Holly are in Scotland on a sheep farm for their month long woark experience. Now Emily must survive wild sheep attacks, and old torture devices from castle dungeons. She must stay uber coolio, though, if she is to win a contest with Holly to see who will snog Ruaraidh. Scottish god of love, first. Her orange skin may not help, though.
Meagan
Aug 01, 2012 Meagan rated it liked it
A fun, quick read. I picked this up at a garage sale because the title and cover illustration caught my eye.

I found the main character, Emily, unlikable and annoying, but it was still entertaining. It was also delightful to find a modern epistolary novel, told in emails. Nice twist on a very old style.

Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 05, 2011 Bark's Book Nonsense rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
Updating my "read" books. I reviewed this for All About Romance years ago. The review is archived HERE
Christie
Feb 21, 2008 Christie rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: did-not-finish
This was complete drivel!!!!! It was extremely hard to swallow, only got to pge 26 and quit. This is teen fiction at its' worst.
Ariel
Aug 05, 2012 Ariel rated it it was amazing
I have read the first and third books in the series but I can't find the second anywhere!
Melissa
Mar 01, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, coming-of-age
Katie Maxwells books crack me up! She's a good quick pick for a teen (girl).
Salsabila
Aug 06, 2011 Salsabila rated it liked it
Just a book about Scottish people and kilts but it was good
Flora
Jul 27, 2012 Flora rated it did not like it
This girl is really annoying.
Tiffany
Nila
Nila added it
Sep 21, 2016
Mariet
Mariet marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Toni
Toni added it
Sep 16, 2016
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Ellen
Ellen added it
Sep 13, 2016
Andrea
Andrea is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Deja Carradine
Deja Carradine marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Shofiana Hanifa
Shofiana Hanifa rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Dana Abney
Dana Abney rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Abiegayl
Abiegayl marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Lajean
Lajean rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
  • Confessions of a Vampire's Girlfriend (Ben and Fran, #1-2)
  • Tell It to Naomi
  • The Final Evolution (Avery Cates, #5)
  • Let the Snog Fest Begin!: Georgia Nicolson's Guide to Life and Luuurve
  • Message in a Bottle (Love Letters, #4)
  • White Lies and Barefaced Truths (Truth Or Dare #1)
  • Heat Wave
  • Whispers from the Dead
  • The Book of the Sword (Samurai Girl, #1)
  • Good Ghouls Do (Beth Frasier #2)
  • Swedish Folk Tales
  • Sk8er Boy (First Kiss Club #1)
  • A Greek God at the Ladies' Club
Katie Maxwell is a pseudonym of Katie MacAlister.

Katie MacAlister is a Seattle-area author of fiction and non-fiction. Her most popular titles are historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance. She also writes Young Adult books under the pseudonym Katie Maxwell and Mysteries under the pseudonym Kate Marsh.

About Katie

as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in
More about Katie Maxwell...

Emily (5 books)
  • The Year My Life Went Down the Loo (Emily, #1)
  • What's French for "Ew!"? (Emily, #3)
  • The Taming of the Dru (Emily, #4)
  • Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Hotties (Emily, #5)