Start by marking “Write a Novel and Get It Published” as Want to Read:
Write a Novel and Get It Published

Write a Novel and Get It Published

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Packed with guidance and insight, this book is for anyone considering writing a novel. It is full of exercises to get the reader writing and includes a range of quotations and tips from a host of established names.
Unknown Binding, 208 pages
Published April 21st 2010 by Not Avail (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Write a Novel and Get It Published, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Write a Novel and Get It Published

Catherine Shattuck
If you're having trouble creating a working structure around your (first) novel, this is a GREAT instructional manual. It really helped me think through plot problems and formulate a plan from what was really just a heap of stuff. I have a feeling it's going to be nearly falling apart by the time I finish writing my first book. Several great exercises go along with each chapter to help illustrate the points he makes, and get you un-stuck.

If you're looking for help with more creative things (styl
Ally Atherton

I have read a few fantastic and very helpful books over the years on the subject of writing but this is the first one that I feel the need to stick to my desk and have it in full sight whenever I am writing! It is a must read for anybody wanting to progress as a fiction writer and contains more than just the nuts and bolts of what you need to know.

All the chapters are easy to read and extremely helpful and encouraging. I particularly liked the chapters on Plotting and the Eight-Point Arc but eve
Helena
Brilliant book. As I was progressing through the pages, one by one my numerous questions were being answered and my writing confidence was getting a boost.
Liz
A good book for beginner writers, as well as those who need a bit of a refresher or to fill in some blanks. It's not terribly long or overwhelming and is pretty straightforward, hitting on a lot of things that I remember learning as a kid in school. It contains examples of what the author is trying to convey, as well as references to other books (many of them classics) that make me want to read those, too (or re-read, in some cases). Provided are examples of exercises for beginners and the book ...more
Dwayne Fry
When I was younger I wrote a number of stories and novels. I put the craft aside for several years, and have just recently returned to it. Back then I read maybe a dozen books on the craft of writing. I read this one just to grease the rusty gears in my mind.

I do find this to be a great book on writing with some excellent advice for new and rusty writers, but I have read better.

The advice comes at a quick pace, almost too quick. I read some passages two or three times to make sure I caught it a
Megan
This book is a practical and down to earth guide about, well, the title. It provides excellent advice without using quick writing gimmicks that so many novel writing books seem to use. It shows the pros and cons of various publishing methods, and it gives great advice on story structure and organization. This was a really wonderful book.
Lynn Matheson
Lots of useful and practical information.
Petr Herold
Rozhodně skvělá kniha pro každého pisálka, jehož snem je napsat a vydat knihu. Ale není třeba se snažit knihu vydat, či dokonce celou knihu napsat. Obsahuje skvělé informace a rady, co se samotné tvorby příběhu týče a takové rady pomůžou i při psaní povídek, delších i kratších. Také skvěle funguje jako motivátor ke psaní. Stačil vždy přečíst kousek a už jsem měl chuť se vrhnout na psaní.
Enid Wilson
It was this edition I've read.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Megan Olivier
Megan Olivier is currently reading it
Sebee
Sebee marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Anel Patricia
Anel Patricia marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Susan Watson
Susan Watson marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Shanty Arifin
Shanty Arifin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Ana Roderick
Ana Roderick marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Bobby
Bobby marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Sage (the Mage)
Sage (the Mage) marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Writing a Novel: And Getting Published The Way of Love The Life Game We All Live in a House Called Innocence Billy Bayswater