Start by marking “Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process” as Want to Read:
Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process

Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In this personal, inspiring guide to a creative life, Wooldridge shares her own journey of the heart�from loss and grief to a return to wholeness and joy. Offering poetry exercises, journal writing, and other practices to encourage creative play�including foraging and assembling collages with found objects�Foolsgold: Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Cre ...more
Published June 5th 2007 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Foolsgold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foolsgold

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. RowlingInsurgent by Veronica RothThe Raven Boys by Maggie StiefvaterFlight Behavior by Barbara KingsolverCrux by Julie Reece
UPCOMING 2012 BOOKS!
21st out of 146 books — 46 voters
Entwined by Heather DixonBetrayal by Mayandree MichelEnvy by Anna GodbersenThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Best Dresses on the Cover
153rd out of 245 books — 171 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrea
First time read-September 2012- This is a five star book because it resonates with every fiber of my being. I am so fortunate to have found this book on the shelves of my local library. Foolsgold is a monumental book for me as a writer, a creator and a person. "The under-song lives in us at any age."p.163

"Although it won't make the news the under-song is brimming with an upwelling of soul and spirit just below the surface, tumbling out alive in our children and elders, hidden in everyone." p.1
Michael Wilson
I was really looking forward to reading this, since one of her other books, poemcrazy, is one of my all time favorites. I wanted to see what Wooldridge's take on creativity would be and if it could help me with the book I am working on.

It disappointed me and didn't deliver. The sub-title, "Making Something from Nothing and Freeing Your Creative Process" is somewhat deceiving. It spends plenty of time discussing her creative ideas, but not very much about her creative process. I also think this w
Billie
I loved reading this book as much as I did Poemcrazy.
al
Feb 02, 2008 al rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in reading about how a woman remained creative during a time of loss.
Shelves: own
out of nearly 50 chapters meant to free the creative process, there were maybe a dozen i found useful or, at the very least, interesting to read. as many times as i've gone back to poemcrazy, wooldridge's other book, and found inspiration and suggestions i needed on dry or dreary days, i was sure foolsgold would be another essential member of my bookshelf. unfortunately, on the whole, it's left me very disappointed. this is not to say i won't read another of wooldridge's books or even that i wil ...more
Relyn
Apr 19, 2012 Relyn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: not sure I would recommend it to anyone
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted in a magazine
The idea behind this book is great, but in practice it's pretty repetitive and it drags a bit. Susan Wooldridge definitely knows how to string words into a beautiful necklace. I really enjoyed her poems and will definitely be looking for her poetry books. But, this book got a bit dull. It seemed an ode to her journal. Not for me unfortunately.
Martha
This book spoke to me. The words soared off the page.Inspiration and motivation were abundant. The author expertly explains the process of poetry , the practice of poetry and how it can make an impact on writers. I loved this second book by Ms Woolridge even more than the first...a must read for every poet or instructor of the craft.
Drew
Susan Wooldridge's first book, Poemcrazy, is my favorite book of creative inspiration. Foolsgold, however, is a big disappointment. It has none of the wonder and magic of her first book, and is instead repetitive and dull. I highly recommend PoemCrazy. I do not recommend Foolsgold.
Satia
May 08, 2008 Satia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: inspiration, memoir
Yet another mediocre response. I promise there is a positive review coming. I am not always so disappointed by what I read. For a more thorough review, follow the link below.

Ginia
This book made me think differently about my creativity and how I can share it better through art, or writing, or anything. Also read Poemcrazy if you want to see words in a whole new way.
Kathryn Dechairo
Nuggets of inspiration between the pages of this book but, like many other reviewers here, I found her other book Poemcrazy had more to offer.
Clarity Jackson
This is a touching and inspiring and lively look at writing, loss and turning life into a beautiful fuel for words.
Nessa McCasey
Great book! Lots of inspiration and also I enjoyed the biographical aspect of this book, too.
Bonita Rose
highy recommended by my friend Kari, www.artsymama.blogspot.com this look like one excellent book!
M.A.
A little too whimsical at times.
Stephanie Tom
Stephanie Tom marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Katie W
Katie W marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words (Audiobook)