Start by marking “White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #3)” as Want to Read:
White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #3)

White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear #3)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,535 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Lustbader returns to the phenomenon he originated with The Ninja. For years, Saigo's evil and the Mido's magic have failed to conquer Nicholas Linnear. Now he is about to be changed by the times, by love, and by destiny. He faces the one enemy he never expected: himself.
Published October 1st 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about White Ninja, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Ninja

Mehmet
This is the first book I read by Eric Van Lustbader, its the first book I read in the Nicholas Linnear series. I praise the author for explaining certain important plot points from the first two books which helped me understand the history of Nicholas.
I will clearly state I enjoyed this book, I would recommend this book on the basis, It is fun, the plot is so absorbing, you will really feel like you are in this whirl wind adventure which crosses between Japan and America. Its even quite erotic i
Gabe S
Read this in the mid 90's when just a horny teen - the Ninja stuff (and of course the sexy stuff) blew my massively hormonal juvenile mind. Haven't read this since, and I honestly don't know if I'd like it just as much but a nostalgic 5 stars for sure - for then at least.
Vikrant
It is a phenomenal novel. Grips you intently and provides some great quotes to remember. The setting is awesome with shades of oriental mysticism. Makes you want to become part of a Ninja Clan, just for the heck of it.
Tessa Small
Part of the Nicolas Linnear series and it's brilliant. Again suspense, intrigue, international barriers crossed, politics, crime, it has it all.
Jeremy
This book takes about 100 pages or so to get into. Prior to that you want to throw it at a wall. Basically the author took the approach of doing Tom Clancy with ninja. However after about 100 pages you get drawn in. The character of Nangi, an older Japanese man who survived Hiroshima and became a business mogul, was a wonderful character. To truly appreciate this book (and get past the first 100 pages) you need to have studied martial arts at least since the late 80s/early 90s. Only those who kn ...more
Maelanie
Excellent book. Scary, horrific at times even disgustingly perverse. A 'page turner' with twists that leave you breathless.
Bill
Another in the Nicholas Linnear series. Lots of ninja action plus an abundance of history of the Japanese martial arts.
Psteege
Amazing sequel to the Ninja.
Joseph Kramer
Good finish. Enjoyed the ascendancy of Shisie.
Lakita Hitsugaya
Nicholas Linnear may just be the best lead character ever. Learnt a lot from him.
Dave O'neill
great book gripping reality
Jayasri
It's intriguing. You enter a world that is quite dark but thrilling and action-packed. You need to persevere with this one because it takes a while for the action to pick up.

I've always enjoyed Eric van Lustbader's books. :)
Travis Haselton
I liked less that the first book. However I did skip the second. It was however really good. Had plenty of action and suspence. Nicholas losing most of his ninjutsu ability was a nice touch to make it very interesting.
Linda
Hate when authors pad their books with verbatim excerpts from previous books. Did his imagination desert him? More of the same ole same ole: sex, blood, economic and cultural lessons on Japan. Sigh.
James Neal
This time around, the author indulged in his world, trying to force the reader to see it the same way he does. Once he stopped shoving however, the magic of The Ninja returned; and I couldn't put it down!
Danilche
Well, this was my best Lustbader so far. We were able to see Nicholas Linnear as never before, as human being with fears and doubts, and not only perfect killing machine like in previous two novels.
Andy
At a time when I was homesick, my best from work gave me this book to read. Soon I was engrossed in the book and the melocholy went away. Good story teller, but his books are anti-climatic.
Michael
This is not a great work of genious. Just lots of ass kickery and ass bangery. Like a good action flick. Very little hmmm and lots of woohoo. Great on a beach vacation.
Theophilus (Theo)
What happens when a ninja loses his power? He's in big trouble. Exciting adult book, none of that Three Ninjas or Chris Farley ninja stuff; this is the real deal.
Drew
Another excellent addition to the Nicholas Linnear series. However, it felt a little shaky on the medical stuff regarding brain surgery.
Claude Willis
As a 12 year old, I was enthralled by the graphic descriptions of men pointing flashlights as the vaginas of strippers in Japan.
Sunflower
May 31, 2008 Sunflower rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sunflower by: Prue
Action movie on paper, with enough Asian mysteriousness to keep you interested. What else would you expect from this author?
Tyson
Continuing Nicholas' saga, while still a great book this start to blur and become less cohesive.
shinfu
Great book. I read it a long time ago but I will read it again.
Shantanu Nanda
Just Avoid It. Could not find anything for my fascination.
Dev
Cool ninja-fu and sex in the Lustbader way.
Petar
Petar marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
  • The Fifth Profession
  • Mesmerized
  • The Perfumed Sleeve (Sano Ichiro, #9)
  • The Rhythm Section
  • Flash House
  • The Cutout
  • A.K.A. Jane (Jane Nichols, #1)
  • Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)
  • The Bird Yard
  • The Fourth Sacrifice (China Thrillers, #2)
  • The Master of Rain
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Dervish is Digital (Artificial Reality Division, #2)
  • The Messengers of Death
Eric Van Lustbader was born and raised in Greenwich Village. He is the author of more than twenty-five best-selling novels, including The Ninja, in which he introduced Nicholas Linnear, one of modern fiction's most beloved and enduring heroes. The Ninja was sold to 20th CenturyFox, to be made into a major motion picture. His novels have been translated into over twenty languages.

Mr. Lustbader is
More about Eric Van Lustbader...

Nicholas Linnear (6 books)
  • The Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #1)
  • The Miko (Nicholas Linnear, #2)
  • The Kaisho (Nicholas Linnear, #4)
  • Floating City (Nicholas Linnear, #5)
  • Second Skin (Nicholas Linnear, #6)
The Bourne Legacy (Jason Bourne, #4) The Bourne Objective (Jason Bourne, #8) The Bourne Deception (Jason Bourne, #7) The Bourne Betrayal (Jason Bourne, #5) The Bourne Sanction (Jason Bourne, #6)