Start by marking “White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #3)” as Want to Read:
White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #3)

White Ninja (Nicholas Linnear #3)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  1,797 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Lustbader returns to the phenomenon he originated with The Ninja. For years, Saigo's evil and the Mido's magic have failed to conquer Nicholas Linnear. Now he is about to be changed by the times, by love, and by destiny. He faces the one enemy he never expected: himself.
Published October 1st 2009 by HarperCollins (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about White Ninja, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Ninja

Mehmet
Aug 08, 2014 Mehmet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-thriller
This is the first book I read by Eric Van Lustbader, its the first book I read in the Nicholas Linnear series. I praise the author for explaining certain important plot points from the first two books which helped me understand the history of Nicholas.
I will clearly state I enjoyed this book, I would recommend this book on the basis, It is fun, the plot is so absorbing, you will really feel like you are in this whirl wind adventure which crosses between Japan and America. Its even quite erotic i
Airam Avitok
Oct 30, 2016 Airam Avitok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: variety
Απο τις σειρές βιβλίων που το πρώτο είναι το καλύτερο! Ναι, το ταξίδι στην άπω ανατολή διευρύνεται! Ναι το ίδιο ισχύει και για τον κόσμο του αποκρυφισμού των πολεμικών τεχνών! Μεγάλο όμως μείον η έκταση του "γυμνού" (όσο πιο πρέπον γίνεται να το θέσω) και η καθέ αυτό έκταση του βιβλίου. Κουράζει αρκετά σε κάποια σημεία. Βέβαια,λάτρεψα την εποχή του Σο-Πενγκ και για κάποιο λόγο λάτρεψα τον Σεντζίν (wtf!)
Nana Marfo
Dec 03, 2016 Nana Marfo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another enthralling blockbuster

Not surprisingly, V. Bystander has done it again. This series can be read with the same thrill, suspense and focus as one would watch a movie or television series. That's precisely how I felt. It had all the goods and some: action, suspense, intrigue, sex and the supernatural. On to the next one!
Justin Roberts
Not much action
Darrell
Nicholas Linnear is enjoying life in Japan with his wife Justine. He has surgery to remove a tumor in his brain. Once he wakes up from the surgery, he discovers that all of his ninja training and expertise has been lost to him. This makes him shiro ninja (white ninja) and he has no idea how to recover. Then he discovers that there's a new enemy trying to not only destroy him but destroy all his business interest and friends. He must find a way to overcome his lost ability and defeat his powerful ...more
Jeremy
Feb 17, 2009 Jeremy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes about 100 pages or so to get into. Prior to that you want to throw it at a wall. Basically the author took the approach of doing Tom Clancy with ninja. However after about 100 pages you get drawn in. The character of Nangi, an older Japanese man who survived Hiroshima and became a business mogul, was a wonderful character. To truly appreciate this book (and get past the first 100 pages) you need to have studied martial arts at least since the late 80s/early 90s. Only those who kn ...more
Melvin Patterson
Jul 13, 2016 Melvin Patterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
As good as it was when I first read it. White Ninja is the third of the first trilogy of the Nicholas Linnear novels. I read them decades ago and even though they're a little dated the drama and tension and adventure is still there. After White Ninja, I stopped reading the Linear novels because my time was extremely limited. However, now I can go back to the subsequent novels and get lost in those as well.
James Neal
Jun 22, 2011 James Neal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This time around, the author indulged in his world, trying to force the reader to see it the same way he does. Once he stopped shoving however, the magic of The Ninja returned; and I couldn't put it down!
Jayasri
Jan 28, 2013 Jayasri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's intriguing. You enter a world that is quite dark but thrilling and action-packed. You need to persevere with this one because it takes a while for the action to pick up.

I've always enjoyed Eric van Lustbader's books. :)
Linda
Jun 05, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hate when authors pad their books with verbatim excerpts from previous books. Did his imagination desert him? More of the same ole same ole: sex, blood, economic and cultural lessons on Japan. Sigh.
Vikrant
Sep 06, 2015 Vikrant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a phenomenal novel. Grips you intently and provides some great quotes to remember. The setting is awesome with shades of oriental mysticism. Makes you want to become part of a Ninja Clan, just for the heck of it.
Travis Haselton
I liked less that the first book. However I did skip the second. It was however really good. Had plenty of action and suspence. Nicholas losing most of his ninjutsu ability was a nice touch to make it very interesting.
Gabe S
May 09, 2015 Gabe S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this in the mid 90's when just a horny teen - the Ninja stuff (and of course the sexy stuff) blew my massively hormonal juvenile mind. Haven't read this since, and I honestly don't know if I'd like it just as much but a nostalgic 5 stars for sure - for then at least.
Michael
This is not a great work of genious. Just lots of ass kickery and ass bangery. Like a good action flick. Very little hmmm and lots of woohoo. Great on a beach vacation.
Drew
May 05, 2011 Drew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent addition to the Nicholas Linnear series. However, it felt a little shaky on the medical stuff regarding brain surgery.
Mark Stone
Dec 31, 2015 Mark Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If only Lustbader would return to this series and leave Bourne alone. I can't imagine Mr. Ludlum is resting easily in his grave.
Theophilus (Theo)
What happens when a ninja loses his power? He's in big trouble. Exciting adult book, none of that Three Ninjas or Chris Farley ninja stuff; this is the real deal.
Sunflower
May 31, 2008 Sunflower rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sunflower by: Prue
Action movie on paper, with enough Asian mysteriousness to keep you interested. What else would you expect from this author?
Maelanie
Sep 19, 2015 Maelanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Scary, horrific at times even disgustingly perverse. A 'page turner' with twists that leave you breathless.
Danilche
Well, this was my best Lustbader so far. We were able to see Nicholas Linnear as never before, as human being with fears and doubts, and not only perfect killing machine like in previous two novels.
Tessa Small
Feb 25, 2015 Tessa Small rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of the Nicolas Linnear series and it's brilliant. Again suspense, intrigue, international barriers crossed, politics, crime, it has it all.
Bill
Dec 29, 2014 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another in the Nicholas Linnear series. Lots of ninja action plus an abundance of history of the Japanese martial arts.
Andy
At a time when I was homesick, my best from work gave me this book to read. Soon I was engrossed in the book and the melocholy went away. Good story teller, but his books are anti-climatic.
Claude Willis
As a 12 year old, I was enthralled by the graphic descriptions of men pointing flashlights as the vaginas of strippers in Japan.
Cinthia Varkevisser
Cinthia Varkevisser rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Mal
Mal rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Narain
Narain rated it liked it
May 12, 2009
Maurizio
Maurizio rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
Tetsuno1
Tetsuno1 rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2009
Dan Polanc
Dan Polanc rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2017
  • The Fifth Profession
  • Masquerade (Liz Sansborough, #1)
  • The Perfumed Sleeve (Sano Ichiro, #9)
  • Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2)
  • A.K.A. Jane (Jane Nichols, #1)
  • The Cutout
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Cloud Mountain
  • The Bird Yard
  • The Messengers of Death
  • Dervish is Digital (Artificial Reality Division, #2)
  • The Book of Common Dread (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
  • Assassin's Play Off (The Destroyer, #20)
  • Trevayne: A Novel
Eric Van Lustbader was born and raised in Greenwich Village. He is the author of more than twenty-five best-selling novels, including The Ninja, in which he introduced Nicholas Linnear, one of modern fiction's most beloved and enduring heroes. The Ninja was sold to 20th CenturyFox, to be made into a major motion picture. His novels have been translated into over twenty languages.

Mr. Lustbader is
More about Eric Van Lustbader...

Nicholas Linnear (6 books)
  • The Ninja (Nicholas Linnear, #1)
  • The Miko (Nicholas Linnear, #2)
  • The Kaisho (Nicholas Linnear, #4)
  • Floating City (Nicholas Linnear, #5)
  • Second Skin (Nicholas Linnear, #6)