Start by marking “Little Yau: A Fuzzhead Tale” as Want to Read:
Little Yau: A Fuzzhead Tale

Little Yau: A Fuzzhead Tale

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Little Yau wants nothing more than for the Wise Ones to teach her the great secrets of the mountains. But when her best friend, Trupp, is in grave danger, Yau's dreams are nearly forgotten in her quest to help him. Only one thing will save Trupp, and only Yau has seen where it is. (Not even the Wise Ones know.) But finding it means venturing into the treacherous world of h...more
Published September 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Little Yau, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Yau

Christina Martin
I originally became interested in the book as I had just finished reading Trupp, by Janell Cannon (same author). Trupp and Little Yau are the same fictional animals and Trupp is a main character in the story of Little Yau. I believe Janell Cannon has two stories about these fictional creatures, called Fuzzheads. Once I read Trupp and fell in love with that story, I knew I had to locate Litte Yau to read more about the Fuzzheads. I learned of Little Yau from the book sleeve of the book, Trupp.

Th...more
Dolly
Jul 13, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2011, childrens, library
This is a very strange tale. I'm not sure what to think about it. It was interesting, but certainly odd. Janell Cannon's illustrations are terrific, as usual. And the information provided at the end of the book about Fuzzheads was entertaining - gotta love an animal who dresses up in human clothes as often as they dare to go hang out in libraries. Still, I definitely would not consider this a favorite story and I'm not sure if we will go out of our way to read Trupp: A Fuzzhead Tale.
Natalie
This book reminds of those people who write new age books through channeling aliens. I do admit the focus on herbal healing is cool, an animal alternative to tradional medicine.

The animals are sort of cute in a creepy way.
Leslie
Little Yau is a Fuzzhead that wants nothing more than to be selected to learn with the Wise Ones. When her best friend, Trupp, is found poisoned Yau must use her knowledge of plants to save him. From author Janell Cannon.
Leland
A strange little story about creatures called "Fuzzheads" who look in the human world for a plant to create a medicine to cure oneo f their own who was poisoned. Somewhat hard to follow.
Jen
Dec 01, 2012 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pb
This book was slightly cheesy and too wordy. I can see why some children would enjoy it. This is about meeting a challenge and exceeding others' expectations by helping a friend.
Bree
Notes::
Kids like this story, but I do not
Weird pictures and made up creatures
Yau has to save Trupp's life with herbal healing
Monica
Another hate-the-humans book. Extremely boring besides.
Addie
Addie added it
Apr 20, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Jong W.
Jong W. marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Amy Gilbert
Amy Gilbert marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Amy Naeger
Amy Naeger marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Pearl
Pearl marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Dana Zak
Dana Zak marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
lee
lee added it
Jul 17, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013