Start by marking “Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen” as Want to Read:
Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen

Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  352 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews

About to lose his kingdom, Xavian is marrying for power--his wedding night will be purely for duty. As he unveils his new queen, nervous and naked, bathed in fragrant oils, he's stunned that she's as beautiful as the desert stars....
This queen deserves a royal bedding worthy of the Arabian Nights...and in her arms Xavian discovers that, though he may not have a kingdom, h
Published April 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wedlocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedlocked

Lynsey A
Carol Marinelli is becoming an autobuy author for me. Although, I've only read two books by her I really like her characters. Xavian was a bit arrogant in the beginning of the book and caused me to raise my eyebrows at one point when he was admiring himself in the mirror. Seemed a bit vain but anyway, just something small.

Both Xavian (Zafir) and Layla were strong characters, their love scenes were sweet, their fights were good but nothing cruel. Tough choices came into play in this one and were
seton
Mar 06, 2010 seton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-o-c, category
This was a nice mix of melodrama and royal politics. I would be open to reading another book from this author in the future.

This is part of a series by multiple authors that is also an offshoot of the "House of Kareades" series. The hero is the missing prince that was mentioned in the infamous "little lizard" bk. (You know that one I am referring to: The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl)
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

What’s not to like about a queen falling in love with a king with a dual personality? It’s fascinating and there’s plenty of feeling and emotion to rope a reader into the plot. It was like watching a big cute caterpillar slowly morph into a bold and brilliant butterfly, set to spread his wings like the hero he is.

That’s how I saw Xavian’s character. He was handsome, born to rule and had everything he wanted, including a new queen. How
Ana
Oct 04, 2014 Ana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
0.001 stars!!!

god! author is soooo dramatic! ohhh poor xaivan, also his brother. damn the other i'm the king i rule so it is how i decide. zakari only saw himself and his needs and wants just like xavian. and the way xavian behaved towards his wife. and his inner struggle...soo overdramatic.
and zakari is so brutal. imagine Layla loves Xavian even if love wasn't in their marriage deal...wow and he wasn't in love with his wife at the beginning and now he's head over heels in love. please, get real
Jenny
Nov 05, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love arranged marriages stories and this book delivered. If you are looking for a love story with a strong heroine, an arrogant hero and lots of angst this book is for you!
Giovanni
Nice plot, poor writing. Another book that gives me wrinkles.

And I think their love to each other not so believable. It seemed to me their love to their country was stronger than their love to each other.
Prisma
Aug 14, 2013 Prisma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't really care for Xavian/Zafir's character...I don't care how handsome he was. I could care less about his prowess with women. Half the time he just acted so totally full of himself(Not to mention insensitive for keeping his bride waiting so long and I don't just mean for the wedding ceremony! Imagine waiting 26 years for this guy!). I understand that he was another tormented soul but it still didn't give him the right to act so over-bearing. Layla, I thought that she "fell in love" a bit ...more
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 09, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sheiks Bárbaros, Corações Selvagens 01.
Alma de Rainha.
Carol Marinelli.
H. Paixão 179.
2010.

Estória completamente diferente das que já li sobre os sheiks e o deserto.

Tenho a sensação que tudo foi diferente não só pra mim como leitora, mas principalmente para os personagens que estavam indo para um caminho, mas os acontecimentos levaram para outro.

Eles esperavam um casamento de conveniência, mas o amor e a paixão estragaram os planos dos dois. O sheik imaginava estar ficando louco com sonhos e lembr
Bookabulary
Jan 23, 2016 Bookabulary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: royalty-peerage
I've always liked these modern day royal romances set in desert kingdoms but sometimes it can be difficult to like some really good ones that is apart from the rest. This book turned out to be a very enjoyable read with some surprising plot twists. One of CM's very good ones!
Lilydaffodils
Apr 16, 2014 Lilydaffodils rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the first story of this series.The plot of the story is very refreshing from the usual story you can find in other arrange merried story. I just hope the last three is as good as this.
Makii
Mar 28, 2015 Makii rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh Xavian/ Zafir

1er renuncia al trono!

Este libro tambien es el 9no de la serie La Casa Real de Kared
es!
Serafina
not fun to read, many many errors when it comes to Arabic or Oriental culture and customs! very very boring!
Tina
Jul 05, 2015 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit disconnected. Not a bad story line though. A lot of angst.
Tizah
Feb 10, 2015 Tizah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great reads....!
Haneen allamey
Jun 18, 2016 Haneen allamey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it
Camy
Dec 04, 2013 Camy rated it it was amazing
Only now getting around to rating this on Goodreads. Fantastic heroine, strong, smart, logical. Hero initially comes off as a jerk and doesn't start being sympathetic until a few chapters in, but after that he's great. Writing is beautiful. Good ending.
Agathajross
Jun 17, 2011 Agathajross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Carol's style of writing. The blurb on the back could have been written better. He's about to lose his kingdom but we don't know that until well into the book and he doesn't know it either.
Carol's become one of my favourite authors.
Tanya Mayes
Jan 27, 2013 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good read. My emotions was all over the place. What happen to Xavain (Zahir) should never have happen. Love how this was written. Good job Carol Marinelli.
Lb
Jul 06, 2013 Lb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story about Xavian alone made the love story angle less interesting. Goodness I even forgot about it... Layla who? Needless to say this book didn't do much for me.
Pam
Oct 18, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great read. I thought both the Hero and Heroine were very good characters. The story was interesting and kept me reading.
Apr 14, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was the final book in the Calisto nation series, and it was a good ending. Kind of sad to see the series ending, honestly!
Whitesapphire
Whitesapphire rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2016
April
April added it
Aug 25, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Rufaro Ronica
Rufaro Ronica is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Sheikh's Impatient Virgin
  • The Banker's Convenient Wife (Brides of L'Amour, #3)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • The Prince's Captive Wife (The Royal House of Karedes #3)
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • The Italian's Token Wife
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...

Dark-Hearted Desert Men (5 books)
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)
  • Scandal: His Majesty's Love-Child (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #4)
  • De kroon van Qusay