Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee

Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The kids in McKinley High School’s glee club, New Directions, might not be the most popular, but Glee is unquestionably a runaway hit. Since its premiere in May 2009, Glee has exploded as one of the most popular hours on TV, earning an astounding 19 Emmy nominations in its first season. In addition to the show’s staggering success, Glee’s songs have been heating up the mus...more
Published September 1st 2010 by ECW PRESS

Crissy Calhoun
Because my job is rather awesome, I get to read books ahead of the pub date and this is one I was looking forward to. This book is PACKED with info on GLEE and everything that goes into making an episode sing -- from the music to the wardrobe to the actors to the choreography to the little factoids only a super fan would know. I'm one of those grumpy "first half was better than the second" Glee fans, but every page of Don't Stop Believin' kept my interest. Five Rachel Berry gold stars!
Alea
Don't Stop Believin' in my mind was pretty perfect when it comes to giving all the dish and facts on Glee. It starts off with a few chapters on how Glee came to be and backgrounds for all the main cast. Then it dives into the bulk of the book, breakdowns of all the episodes.

I loved how the episodes were broken up into sections, so say you weren't interested in the best Sue quotes from the episode (How Sue Cs It) then you could just skip that section, but who wouldn't be interested in that! I per...more
Kimberly
I am not the type of person who would spend money on a unofficial guide to a TV series. The reasonable price of this book--$10 to $14 dollars depending on where you look--would help to change my mind. This book is full of new facts that even avid Glee fans will find interesting. Even the two small subsections I did not enjoy could not take away from my enjoyment of this book.

Please check out my full review here
Ashley Lockhart
I thought this was an absolutely wonderful book! It was extremely comprehensive and was organized so well. I love the little quotes and the episode listing along with the music for each episode. Anyone who is new to Glee could read this book and be fully caught up for Season 2! The pictures are great additions as well, but I think my favorite part were the stories from other Gleeks. They were inspiring and heart warming and really made me love Glee that much more.
Alison
I just finished catching up on S1 of Glee and this was perfect to read alongside my watching! Really enjoyed the trivia, the behind the scenes info, and the comments on the songs, as I sometimes didn't know them so it was nice to find out about the artists, etc. Two thumbs up!
Elizabeth
This book touches on pretty much everything you might want to know about the first season of Glee. From where it all started through the in-depth analysis of each of the first 13 episodes the authors offer a lot of interesting information.

Having seen all the episodes I skipped over the synopsis of each episode, but I read pretty much everything else. I liked the balance between loving the show, but at the same time being able to admit where the flaws lie. Sometimes there was a little too much e...more
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
heidi
I'm so excited to read this! I can't believe I won a copy through first reads. The only problem is going to be keeping it out of the kids' hands long enough to enjoy it myself!
Max Light-Pacheco
Very inforamtive on the 1st season.
Megan
Total and utterly frivolous read on my part. Just feeding my interest in all things Glee.
Sara
Jun 01, 2012 Sara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Well, some of the facts and backstage info was fascinating... and then most of it was dull. I skipped over a lot. Maybe I just don't care *that much* about Glee, but it wasn't the most interesting thing in the world.
Debra Battle
Although there were something I wish were in the book it was nice to look back at the first season of shows for one of my favorite show on TV.
711amanda
all glee fans need to read. my favorite character is brad the piano guy. you will find out what i am talking about if you read the book ;)
Crystal
A fun read for anyone who is a Glee fan. It recaps episodes, highlights, low points and gives info about the cast.
Dana
Apr 21, 2013 Dana marked it as to-read
Does anyone know where I can find this cause I don't really see it in Barnes and noble...help please :)
Wendi Olson
I enjoy the bits of trivia this book includes. Guess that makes me a Gleek!
Anna
Anna added it
Jun 25, 2014
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Dani Byrne
Dani Byrne marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Amber Eisman
Amber Eisman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Zoe Thompson
Zoe Thompson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Best Served Cold: The Unofficial Companion to Revenge Bookclub-in-a-Box Discusses Someone Knows My Name / The Book of Negroes, the novel by Lawrence Hill