Start by marking “Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee” as Want to Read:
Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee

Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  216 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The kids in McKinley High School’s glee club, New Directions, might not be the most popular, but Glee is unquestionably a runaway hit. Since its premiere in May 2009, Glee has exploded as one of the most popular hours on TV, earning an astounding 19 Emmy nominations in its first season. In addition to the show’s staggering success, Glee’s songs have been heating up the mus ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by ECW PRESS

To ask other readers questions about Don't Stop Believin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Stop Believin'

Crissy Calhoun
Jul 17, 2010 Crissy Calhoun rated it it was amazing
Because my job is rather awesome, I get to read books ahead of the pub date and this is one I was looking forward to. This book is PACKED with info on GLEE and everything that goes into making an episode sing -- from the music to the wardrobe to the actors to the choreography to the little factoids only a super fan would know. I'm one of those grumpy "first half was better than the second" Glee fans, but every page of Don't Stop Believin' kept my interest. Five Rachel Berry gold stars!
Alea
Sep 20, 2010 Alea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-for-review
Don't Stop Believin' in my mind was pretty perfect when it comes to giving all the dish and facts on Glee. It starts off with a few chapters on how Glee came to be and backgrounds for all the main cast. Then it dives into the bulk of the book, breakdowns of all the episodes.

I loved how the episodes were broken up into sections, so say you weren't interested in the best Sue quotes from the episode (How Sue Cs It) then you could just skip that section, but who wouldn't be interested in that! I per
Kimberly
Sep 15, 2010 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I am not the type of person who would spend money on a unofficial guide to a TV series. The reasonable price of this book--$10 to $14 dollars depending on where you look--would help to change my mind. This book is full of new facts that even avid Glee fans will find interesting. Even the two small subsections I did not enjoy could not take away from my enjoyment of this book.

Please check out my full review here
Ashley Lockhart
Sep 24, 2010 Ashley Lockhart rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an absolutely wonderful book! It was extremely comprehensive and was organized so well. I love the little quotes and the episode listing along with the music for each episode. Anyone who is new to Glee could read this book and be fully caught up for Season 2! The pictures are great additions as well, but I think my favorite part were the stories from other Gleeks. They were inspiring and heart warming and really made me love Glee that much more.
Alison
May 20, 2012 Alison rated it it was amazing
I just finished catching up on S1 of Glee and this was perfect to read alongside my watching! Really enjoyed the trivia, the behind the scenes info, and the comments on the songs, as I sometimes didn't know them so it was nice to find out about the artists, etc. Two thumbs up!
Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2010 Elizabeth rated it liked it
This book touches on pretty much everything you might want to know about the first season of Glee. From where it all started through the in-depth analysis of each of the first 13 episodes the authors offer a lot of interesting information.

Having seen all the episodes I skipped over the synopsis of each episode, but I read pretty much everything else. I liked the balance between loving the show, but at the same time being able to admit where the flaws lie. Sometimes there was a little too much e
heidi
Oct 08, 2010 heidi rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, first-reads
I'm so excited to read this! I can't believe I won a copy through first reads. The only problem is going to be keeping it out of the kids' hands long enough to enjoy it myself!
Max Light-Pacheco
May 01, 2011 Max Light-Pacheco rated it it was amazing
Very inforamtive on the 1st season.
Megan
Jan 18, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
Total and utterly frivolous read on my part. Just feeding my interest in all things Glee.
Sara
Jun 01, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Well, some of the facts and backstage info was fascinating... and then most of it was dull. I skipped over a lot. Maybe I just don't care *that much* about Glee, but it wasn't the most interesting thing in the world.
Debra Battle
Feb 02, 2013 Debra Battle rated it really liked it
Although there were something I wish were in the book it was nice to look back at the first season of shows for one of my favorite show on TV.
711amanda
Mar 04, 2011 711amanda rated it it was amazing
all glee fans need to read. my favorite character is brad the piano guy. you will find out what i am talking about if you read the book ;)
Crystal
Jan 20, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it
A fun read for anyone who is a Glee fan. It recaps episodes, highlights, low points and gives info about the cast.
Dana
Apr 21, 2013 Dana marked it as to-read
Does anyone know where I can find this cause I don't really see it in Barnes and noble...help please :)
Wendi Olson
Jun 10, 2011 Wendi Olson rated it really liked it
I enjoy the bits of trivia this book includes. Guess that makes me a Gleek!
Chloe Finn
Chloe Finn rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2016
Aakriti Neupane
Aakriti Neupane rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Keep
Keep rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Lyndzay Fichter
Lyndzay Fichter rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Amya
Amya rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Scout Finch
Scout Finch marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Bailey Carelock
Bailey Carelock marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
micah
micah rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Arden Highsmith
Arden Highsmith rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Victoria McLeod
Victoria McLeod marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Jan 02, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
  • Summer Break (Glee, #3)
  • Stroll: Psychogeographic Walking Tours of Toronto
  • The Anatomy of Clay
  • Heaven is Small
  • Be Good
  • Taylor Swift: The Unofficial Story: Platinum Edition
  • One Bird's Choice: A Year in the Life of an Overeducated, Underemployed Twenty-Something Who Moves Back Home
  • Lost in Mongolia: Rafting the World's Last Unchallenged River
  • Amphibian
  • Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
  • Ecoholic: Your Guide to the Most Environmentally Friendly Information, Products and Services in Canada
  • Corked