Start by marking “The Barn Dance: Somewhere between Heaven and Earth, there is a place where the magic never ends . . .” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  31 reviews
On November 27, 2005, two men broke into Linda Twyman’s apartment in Evanston, Illinois, and brutally ended her young life. Three and a half years later, guided by a series of visions and dreams, James Twyman was mystically drawn to a barn deep in the Nevada wilderness where Heaven and Earth collide and magic changes lives. If you’ve ever wondered if we really can communic ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Barn Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Barn Dance

Walter Van praag
Wow. what a nice little book. I trust that what happened in this book is really what happened to James (Jimmy in the book) the author. It was nicely written and made for compulsive reading. If anyone misses those that have passed on this is a nice book to read and may make you feel a little better. Jimmy losses his ex wife to murder and can't get over the loss as well as the regrets of losing her over a decade ago when he got divorced from her. In an attempt to get over the loss he drives to a l ...more
David
I dunno...it was pretty good. I was stuck with it on an airplane so I finished it. Here's the thing...I hate books that try replicate someone else's formula. This was clearly a re-take on "The Shack". The story line was pretty good - the message a little too simplistic at the end. Overall - 3 stars - I may have liked it more if I hadn't read The Shack first.
Lori Eckhart
Beautiful spiritual story blurring the lines between earth and the after-life. The lesson at the end of the book speaks to how people in our lives are mirrors, to teach and assist us in our soul's growth on this planet. An amazing book!
Patty
So far this "non fiction" book is reading more like fiction in many ways, but it's an interesting story and I'm looking forward to finding out what the point of it is.
Update- I finished it and I'm still not sure what to think of it. Do I take it literally and try to believe that this really happened to the author? Anything is possible, but it seems unlikely. It still made for an interesting story. The ad in the back of the book for learning how to communicate with the dead made me wonder if this
Dale Stonehouse
This is a nice short tale of life, death and what is in between heaven and earth. The theme is spiritual rather than religious, and focuses on timelines and creating the quality of our lives with our minds. Twyman wanders into the forest and meets a gentleman (probably his guide or angel) who leads him to the barn where he encounters his wife, who had been murdered 3 years previous. In several visits to past events with his wife, who does not remember her life, they learn that forgiveness is onl ...more
Leila Summers
I bought this book at James Twyman's workshop in Durban. As soon as I got home, I began reading and couldn't put it down. I finished it the same night. Having lost my husband a few years ago, this book was a fascinating glimpse into the other side, a place where illusions and reality meet. Even though it is fiction, I was able to share the story with my two young daughters who were enthralled at my rendition. This in turn sparked a whole new conversation about 'dad' on the other side. An excelle ...more
Penny Gilliland
surprising story plot. easy read.
Quizmo
Really want to give it a three and a half. A nice, quick little read. The story is engaging from the start, but I'm not sure message doesn't go as deep as it could. For me, it left a little to be desired... so now what? Nevertheless, I recommend it especially to those who are just beginning to explore their spirituality.
Karen Whitaker
Great read! James Twyman's talent for story telling had me hooked within the first couple pages. He is descriptive, entertaining and a very insightful writer. This book made me believe in the hereafter and question what is reality and what is fantasy (or dream). I loved taking this journey with the author.
Martina
This book gives a fascinating glimpse into the other side, a place where illusions and reality meet. It is a quite interesting and thought provoking book, probably inspired by The Shack. I can't put my finger on what exactly was missing, but it just didn't capture me completely.
Debby
Trinka
It was good. I just think the author tried too hard to get his point across. I know people compare it to The Shack but I liked The Shack much better. It had some good points but will most likely not recommend it to anyone. A little too far fetched for me.
Kim
My brother recommended this book to me and I just had to give it a read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Captivating, thought-provoking, touching, and faith-strengthening.

"No one is dead anywhere...nothing really ever dies."
Carla
His experiences were thought-provoking. I was fascinating that she seemed to remember so little of the details we think matter so much when we are here. The content was great, the author's writing style could be better.
Patricia Franz
I really enjoyed this from the beginning. The middle got a little mundane for a few chapters, but again I love the subject matter,,,of life after death. Especially when the author claims it is true.
Tracy
What a wonderful book. I has taught me a lot about my life and how I can make it even better by accessing the love inside of me. I cast a beautiful light on my path to learning my life lessons.
Amy Lesher
A soulful, heavenly story that left me with a feeling of innocence and truth about the "other side." Love prevails - that's really all we know and keep with us forever... Very sweet.
Marsha
Oct 18, 2010 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marsha by: Susan
It's a one sitting read. I found it to be an interesting life/death philosophy. After sleeping on it, I liked the book better than when I finished reading. Guess it needed to soak in.
Audrey
I really liked this book. The focus is on spirituality and multidimensional communication. A fascinating read if you are interested in reading outside of the box.
Robin
Enjoyed the concepts in this book. You could hear the author's voice in every character so not wonderfully written but interesting ideas he portrays.
Clyda Joy
It makes you think about the possibility of there being more than one universe existing at one time. It also deals with love that lasts forever
Karen
I loved this story. If you are a spiritual person and have a sense of life after dead, you'll most likely enjoy this read.
Glenda
Love never dies and James Twyman made a delightful case for those who may doubt that.
Elana

Loved it! Passed it around for everyone to read. Very heartwarming.
Lisandra
I hope that it doesn't turn out to be a dream at the end. Its very interesting.
ConnieK
What a beautiful and inspiring story that strengthens my faith.
Douglas
Very interesting, thought provoking. Differnt than I expected.
Peggy Depiano
Very similar to The Shack. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
B
Too much like The Shack....what a rip-off from that book!
Michelle
Good book, but don't buy that it is a real story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World Emissary of Light: A Vision of Peace The Proposing Tree Love, God, And The Art Of French Cooking Emissary of Love: The Psychic Children Speak to the World: The Psychic Children Speak to the World