Start by marking “5-B Poppy Lane” as Want to Read:
5-B Poppy Lane

5-B Poppy Lane (Cedar Cove #5.5)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Drop in at 5-B Poppy Lane, where you’ll get a chance to visit with Helen Shelton, her granddaughter Ruth and Ruth’s husband, Paul. They’ll offer you a cup of mulled cider and the story of how they met — and they’ll share Helen’s breathtaking adventures during
the Second World War.

Find out why every Christmas in Cedar Cove is special!
Audio CD
Published October 26th 2010 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about 5-B Poppy Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5-B Poppy Lane

I read this in a kindle version of omnibus Christmas in Cedar Cove which includes this novella and the novella that slots in between books 8&9 of the cedar cove series.
I'm not sure why this slots in at this point in the series as apart from the inclusion of Charlotte from previous books who is friends with Helen a character in this story this is quite easily a stand alone novel in itself (at least you don't need to have read the previous 5 books to follow the story), whether this story conta
Susan
5-B Poppy Lane is book #5.5 of the Cedar Cove series set in contemporary Washington state. The story is set at Christmas time, and is primarily a flashback to how Ruth Shelton met Paul Gordon, and how she learned her grandmother Helen's surprising history.

Ruth was a graduate student and an antiwar pacifist. In the holiday spirit, as an act of kindness in support of American troops stationed overseas, she sent a Christmas card to a nameless soldier. She never expected a response. But Paul Gordon,
Elle
I finished reading the Cedar Cove series, or so I thought. Apparently their was a novella written in an anthology book and was supposed to be read after 50 Harbor Street. The story was re-printed in a reissue of a Cedar Cove Christmas (I read the Kindle edition), but most of this story is a re-telling of Helen Shelton's life during WWII and not fully based around Christmas time. I read this book in one day.

Ruth Shelton is coming to town to visit with her grandmother, Helen Shelton. Helen is chat
Lindab
Another addicting series!
Well written. good story lines, easy reads, not a lot of thinking and just a good series of books to pass the time.
Paula Ratcliffe
This was a great story mixing in military and Christmas. We learn about how Ruth met her husband Paul and the obstacles they overcame to be together and while this was going on intermixed is the story of Helen Shelton and her battles during WWII including a previous marriage conspiring against the German's spending two years in a concentration camp and being rescued by her second husband Sam prior to them knowing what they were going to be two each other.

So much homeyness in this book and hints
Wendy
It was okay. I read it after the 8th book which is fine. I really wanted to like Ruth but found I didn't. I thought she was very spoiled and unforgiving. I liked paul being a man of character and all. The only reaon i liked this book was because of helens story. I found her to be very fascinating and brave and smart. I felt that there was a lot of history with her story which I really wanted to know. I felt the courtship was way too brief in the story. I would have liked them to explore the room ...more
Lindy
Apr 26, 2015 Lindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
Book 22

304 pages
Ruth Davis
Does not flow with the other books in the Cedar Cove collection. The characters from the other books are not mentioned with the excpetion of one. The new characters introduced in this book are not developed enough to connect with them. The story line reminds me of Winter Garden which I was not fond of either.
Jessica
As with all of Debbie Macomber's books, I loved this one. Very quick read. Nice storyline, fun characters. I am addicted to the Cedar Cove books and didn't even know this one existed until my husband gave it to me for Christmas!! :)
Niki
This is a short story from the Debbie Macomber's series Cedar Cove where you get to experience the memories of a older lady and her life with a military soldier.
Elizabeth
A young woman learns from her beloved grandmother that she part of the French Resistance in WWII.
Jennifer Arnaboldi
This book is better the second time around! Just an amazing love story and mood lifter!
Kris Phillips
This story was so moving, so heart-wrenching, yet so hopeful -- I wish it was longer.
Kimberly
This was an inspiring story of soldiers and love during WWII and now. Lovely.
Amber
Nice easy Read! This book also ties into the Cedar Cove Series.
Sarah Jowett
A good little side story from the main characters.
Mandy Dake
A 116 Page Novella in the front of Cedar Cove Christmas..
Angie
Audio book -
Fluffy little love story .
Pj
Dec 27, 2014 Pj added it
Always a pleasure to read
Jewett
Kylie
Kylie added it
Apr 30, 2015
meg
meg marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Apr 26, 2015
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • Talking After Midnight (Plum Orchard, #3)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Rescued by the Alpha (The Pack Rules, #4)
  • Almost Always
  • Unwrapping Christmas
  • An April Bride (A Year of Weddings, #5)
  • The Christmas Cookie Chronicles: Carrie: A Twilight, Texas Story
  • Dare Me (Demon Underground, #5)
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska
  • Alaska: Four Inspirational Love Stories
  • A Wedding in Apple Grove (Small Town USA, #1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)

“What upset her most was the cold-blooded way he'd dismissed her from his life. It seemed so easy for him, so...simple. She was gone for him, as if she meant nothing. That hurt, and it didn't stop hurting.” 2 likes