Start by marking “Flipped” as Want to Read:

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  64,225 ratings  ·  4,862 reviews
Wendelin Van Draanen’s highly acclaimed he-said, she-said teen romance is going to be a major motion picture. Written and directed by Rob Reiner, the film features a stellar cast, including Madeline Carroll and Callan McAuliffe as Juli and Bryce, and Aidan Quinn, Rebecca De Mornay, Anthony Edwards, Penelope Ann Miller, and John Mahoney.

This movie tie-in edition will featur
Published August 10th 2010 by Ember (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Flipped, please sign up.

Danel Probably not. The story has already a great ending. Writing a sequel will just ruin it, I think. After all, what do you want to add more ? A girly…moreProbably not. The story has already a great ending. Writing a sequel will just ruin it, I think. After all, what do you want to add more ? A girly boring romance about how Bryce and Juli fell in love and how they broke up and how hard it was for the both of them ? Hum... From my point of view, we should just enjoy the story like it is right now. Plus, this story has eleven years now. Unless the author wants to write an incredible 700 pages novel, I think there won't be any sequel. (less)
Sophia that's what i've been wondering too. I hate when books just leave you like that. Where is the love?! I mean i wish i knew what happens next.
Looking for Alaska by John GreenThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Best Real Life Young Adult Books
44th out of 243 books — 110 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Love Story
253rd out of 1,010 books — 1,482 voters

More lists with this book...

Jo
"Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss…” He turned to me. “But every once you will find someone who’s iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.”

Initial Final Page Thoughts.
*Eyes tree outside window*
I wonder…

High Points.
Juli. The entire Baker clan! Why don’t all YA characters have fun families?! Authors, you’re missing a trick! Bryce (eventually). Chest. Front yards. Eggs. Chickens. Basket boys. Pie. Girls with iron backbones. Tree climbing. Newspaper article
Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥
THIS MOVIE WAS AHMAZING !!!!.......

I laughed...

I cried...

AND I fell in love with the idea of all over again....:)

(This movie is a definte must see for everyone ! trust me ! its just WOW Even the soundtracks ahmazing ! )
Aaron Vincent
Originally posted here.

I’ve been reading a lot of dark and violent books lately. I recently joined two challenges, both of which requires me to read those kind of books. Not that I’m complaining or anything because it’s those kind of books I enjoy reading the most. I just thought I need to read something different, something light and positive, something –as my friend Tina prefers to call them–fluffy. As it turns out, Wendelin Van Draanen’s Flipped was the right book for the break from gritty no
Amelia Mapstone
Feb 03, 2012 Amelia Mapstone rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love humor and romance
Recommended to Amelia by: my teacher
the way it brings Bryce and Julianna together is just spectacular! I recomend this to all who love good childish humor! It is soooo "LOL"!
Beatrice
Edited: May 5, 2015

I'm proudly obsessed with this book and this has a special place in my heart. I don't know how many times I've read or watched the movie (nth time), I can't remember but it's absolutely good and I still flipped all over it. Definitely one of the Best Book to Movie Adaptation of All Time and I'm dead serious.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. If you haven't read this, you better read it because you're missing a good contemporary romance. It's so damn adorable.
---------
Pearl Angeli
description

"The first time I saw him, I flipped."

Wow, what a fun read! Everything in this book is loaded with all kinds of cuteness. I like the setting, the premise, and the whole idea of this book. I was kind of, in some way, in love with it.

Flipped is not just purely fluff, it's deeper than what I've expected because it conveys great messages that serve as an inspiration to the readers.

"One's character is set at an early age. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your life."

I li
Amy (Foxy)
Flipped reminds me of a younger/innocent version of Neighbor From Hell series. Juli and Bryce are neighbors who attend the same school. Their rocky relationship portrays the struggles between boys and girls in elementary and middle school.

Both learn to look beyond the surface and search for something deeper in the human nature. In doing so they discover themselves as they continue mature.
"One's character is set at an early age, son. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your
Ally
ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE ENDING!!!!! She should've kept going on with the book instead of ending it there!
Michelle
Dec 22, 2008 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Michelle by: Ms. Castagna
Shelves: 9th-grade
By Wendelin Van Draanen
212 pp. United States of America
Random House, Inc. $14.99
ISBN 0-375-81174-5

A seven year old girl, Juli, falls for a boy in her class, Bryce—well, maybe more for his amazingly beautiful blue eyes. Perhaps this might not sound as interesting as your favorite romance series, Twilight, or illustrate true love like Romeo and Juliet. But, Wendelin Van Draanen’s new romance novel, Flipped, will definitely flip you off your feet. She has her own unique way of demonstrating
Yarethzia
Review:

This book was climbing onto my favorite's shelf as soon as I saw the cover and when I realized it was a movie I'd seen and adored, it made itself confortable and sat snuggly next to my other fav. books.
SWOOOON <3

This book is ... amazing.
Yeah, one descriptions woot woot. lol

This book has been made into a movie , one of my favorites may I mention.

The book is swoon-worthy, light, adorable, and perfect for people who need something fast to read.

Okay, now let's talk about the character and
Mariℓina
Such a sweet story! Brilliant really and so refreshing! I needed a good break from all the greedy and dark reads and this one was exactly what my poor soul wanted: A great coming-of-age story.

Flipped is a book filled with laughter, awkwardly cute situations and an absolutely adorable first love between Juli, the clever and determined beautiful girl and Bryce, the arrogant jerk with the sweet heart and the most amazing blue eyes.

Juli used to follow Bryce around since the first time they met. He w
Martin C.
I must say, Flipped is a great book and also has a great teaching, as well as being huge amount of fun to read because of the author's fabulous techniques. One of the techniques the author uses in the book is showing different perspectives throughout the book, to be speciefic: the way he describes the point of view from Juli's and Bryce's perspective, also a very fun technique since you're always wondering what the other character in the story thinks too. Another entertaining technique is the q ...more
Violet
Knowing two sides of the story is always the best.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I just fell in love with it and its simplicity and innocence.

This book struck me with its adorably cute, light-hearted romance and wholesomely philosophy, I mean sort of philosophy.
Well just seeing the cover and reading the back details of the book, you'll immediately assume that its just your typical boy-meet-girl puppy love story- cute and severely simple.
Ooh, don't that things fool you.
Yes, it is cute. Yes, its quiet amusing that they understand things at early ages, in short, they are darn s
Melanie
OMG. SO. CUTE. AND THAT MOVIE ADAPTATION WAS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. I LOVE.
 ᴍɪᴄs *that kind of girl*
description

Por lo general no me gustan los libros que son de chicos chicos (12, 13 años) que se enamoran. Me parecen tontos o patéticos pero este *suspiro*, este libro hace que deje todos mis malditos prejuicios de lado y lo disfrute.

Las primeras páginas me tuvieron riendo a carcajadas Juli acosando y tratando de acercarse a Bryce y el haciendo todo lo posible por sacársela de encima.
Amé a Juli y Bryce, como ambos crecieron y maduraron a lo largo del libro, me gustó que a pesar de que Juli gustaba de Bryce
Majo
“Algunos de nosotros tenemos un acabado mate, otros satinado, otros esmaltado… pero de vez en cuando conoces a alguien que es iridiscente, y cuando ocurre, no hay nada comparable”

¡Qué libro más maravilloso! Me he enamorado totalmente de este dulce y divertido libro.

La historia sigue a Julliana “Juli” Baker y Bryce Loski, como se conocen a los siete años, cuando él se muda y continua por seis años de su vida, hasta el comienzo de su adolescencia.

Julie se enamorá inmediatamente de Bryce y comi
Tina
Original post at One More Page

I’ve had this book for ages, but I haven’t reviewed it ever (then again, I hardly review books back when I bought this). This, along with Stargirl is one of my favorite young adult books. I bought this on a whim, and ever since I first read it, I’ve loved the story. Julianna, especially, is a very memorable character that I wish a lot of times that I carry the same wonder and sparkle she has. :)

When Bryce Loski moves into the neighborhood, Julianna Baker was mostly
Nenangs
uwoooo...buku ini bagus sekali...
ceritanya sih sederhana banget, tentang perkembangan bryce & juli yang tumbuh bersama sejak keluarga bryce pindah rumah ke lingkungan keluarga juli (kelas 2) sampe mereka ampir naik kelas ke kelas 9, tapi daleeemmmm.... apanya yang dalem? ah...kalian harus baca sendiri...hehehe...

pokoknya, ada dua pelajaran utama yang sangat berharga. kebanyakan dari kita udah tahu/sering dengar tentang ini, tapi kebanyakan juga suka lupa. hmm...quotable quotationnya juga lup
melmarian
Sep 19, 2011 melmarian rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens
Shelves: teens, koleksiku-ind
Selesai baca dalam semalam :D

Baguuuuusss... suka banget. Sama sekali gak menye2.
Repiu nyusul ^^

###Update 20 Sept 2011###

Cinta monyet tidak pandang bulu. Juli Baker yang masih berusia 7 tahun pun tidak luput dari panah si monyet (#eh) ketika tetangga baru datang untuk tinggal di seberang rumahnya dan membawa serta seorang anak laki-laki sebayanya yang bernama Bryce Loski.

[Juli] Pertama kali aku bertemu Bryce, aku jungkir balik. Pasti karena matanya. Ada sesuatu di matanya. Matanya yg biru dengan
Namratha
Feb 14, 2012 Namratha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All....each and everyone of you.
I want to hire and float a conspicuous Blimp that declares in giant letters:

*WENDELIN VAN DRAANEN IS MY NEW FAVOURITE AUTHOR*

I don’t need a body of her work to make this declaration. One book is enough. One sweet, solitary book called Flipped is enough.
------------------------------------------------

Just before Second Grade was about to start, little Juli Baker fell instantly in love with her new next-door neighbour, Bryce Loski. She fell hard for his beautiful blue eyes and followed him aro
Mery
Sep 18, 2011 Mery rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mery by: Nenangs
Shelves: gift
Aku dapat buku ini dari giveaway di Goodreads.
Awalnya cuma karena ngelihat Teh Rini nulis review, aku jadi ingat belum ganti edisinya ke bahasa Indonesia. Eh ternyata ada giveawaynya. Iseng-iseng ikutan deh. Besoknya dikasih tahu Kak Muthe, aku menang giveaway buku ini.

Girang banget pastinya!

Baca buku ini cuma 3 jam. Beneran 3 jam. ;D
Aku punya kebiasaan baca buku sebelum tidur. Jadi pas baca buku ini, bukannya kebawa kantuk, malah ga bisa tidur. Kayaknya ga rela aja naruh bukunya gitu. Ceritanya
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}

3.5 cute stars! And the film is even cuter!(Except that Bryce is blonde, and when I saw the movie I was really young, and I was having this haters phase when I had an overly hyperbolic and exxagerrated and stereotypical view of blondes, and I used to think that they would take over the world with machine guns...i'd personally love that...cough*

CUTE.

cute, cute, cute cute ,cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute,
Jofer
Since tomorrow's a continuation of our hell week/s (and I haven't studied yet), I'll make this review short.

I want to say three things:

1. I cried when I read this. Oh, yeah I know, kinda lame. But I am not done yet: I cried over a tree (a sycamore, Platanus occidentalis, to be exact. I don't know how this tree looks like I have to google it ). This, I think, will give you an idea how much emotion you'll get when you read this. Or just proves how crybaby I am.

2. The Author (too long to type. Oh,
Dawn
I'm giving this book a five because it is perfectly crafted plus a good story, good characters, great voice. The author's voices for the two viewpoints are perfect! I liked the protagonists and the supporting characters, especially his grandfather and her dad. The story teaches good lessons/values. It's also funny! And sometimes sad. I liked the way the reader's perspective also "flips" as we begin to figure out what is really going on. I'm a nature girl who has always loved to climb trees, so I ...more
Marnie
Ah, so cute and unique! I loved the story and the way it was written, love it!
Nina
Jan 03, 2015 Nina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nina by: Rose
This book is simply wonderful.

It's the first middle grade book I've read since I started reviewing - and also the first middle grade book I can remember reading, although I've probably read a few when I was around nine or ten - and if the others are anything like this one, I think I just got into a new genre. Or sub-genre. What even is it?

Don't get me wrong, it's flawed.
I would have liked to know more about Bryce's and Juli's friends and siblings and I would have loved to have something resembli
Sylvia
Ya ampuunnn!! Hahahaa.. teenager banget sih ceritanya. Tapi baguuuusss! *jempol diangkat semua*

I can't help but loving this book each time I flip thru the next page. So simple, yet so complicated :)

Kisah ini diceritakan dari dua sudut pandang: Juli dan Bryce. Diawali dengan Bryce yang pindah rumah, dan tiba-tiba seorang anak perempuan seusianya menghampiri dan memaksa ingin membantu. Dikisahkan dari sudut pandang Bryce, dia menganggap Juli adalah anak yang sangat menyebalkan. Selalu nempelin di
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
I LOVE THIS BOOK. I seriously looooooovvvvvvveeeee this book. I laughed. I cried. I laughed and cried some more. I'm going to buy a bunch of copies of this book and give them to all of my friends.
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Omigosh i ADORED it!! it was so sweet and cute!! the end almost made me cry i was like "awwww!!" seriously, sooo good! read it!
Officials you are you not see 1 7 May 15, 2015 12:22AM
Is This Book Clean? 20 194 Feb 06, 2015 03:53PM
Flipped 20 149 Nov 06, 2014 06:16PM
60's themed changes for the movie 12 104 Oct 28, 2014 05:14PM
  • Shug
  • Heartbeat
  • Never Mind!: A Twin Novel
  • Schooled
  • Love, Stargirl (Stargirl, #2)
  • The Only Alien on the Planet
  • The Schwa Was Here (Antsy Bonano, #1)
  • Click Here: To Find Out How I Survived Seventh Grade
  • Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree
  • Best Foot Forward (Rules of the Road, #2)
  • Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie (Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie, #1)
  • Every Soul a Star
  • Surviving the Applewhites (Applewhites, #1)
  • A Corner of the Universe
  • Al Capone Shines My Shoes (Al Capone at Alcatraz, #2)
  • Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature
  • Homeless Bird
  • Pictures of Hollis Woods
Van Draanen was born in Chicago, Illinois. One of her early influences was Dandelion Wine . According to the author, the book was "about the magic of growing up and [it] reminded me of all the wonderful mischief my brothers and I got into when we were young." Bradbury's work inspired Van Draanen to write How I Survived Being a Girl, which was published by HarperCollins in 1997. Other early influe ...more
More about Wendelin Van Draanen...
The Running Dream Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief Runaway Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy (Sammy Keyes, #3) Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man (Sammy Keyes, #2)

11 trivia questions
11 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss...." He turned to me. "But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.” 989 likes
“My heart stopped. It just stopped beating. And for the first time in my life, I had that feeling. You know, like the world is moving all around you, all beneath you, all inside you, and you're floating. Floating in midair. And the only thing keeping you from drifting away is the other person's eyes. They're connected to yours by some invisible physical force, and they hold you fast while the rest of the world swirls and twirls and falls completely away.” 537 likes