Start by marking “Where Truth Lies” as Want to Read:
Where Truth Lies

Where Truth Lies

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Museum curator Grace McKenzie is shocked when she receives word that her ex-fiance, Steven Hatfield, has been murdered. In his will, Steven has left her his art gallery in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Anticipating that she would turn down the bequest, he asked that she spend a week at the gallery before making her final decision. Motivated by a sense of duty to a man she once l ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Where Truth Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Truth Lies

Unthinkable Consequences by Bob RectorRiptide by Amber Lea EastonSpellbound in His Arms by Angel SeferAmong the Shrouded by Amalie JahnReckless Endangerment by Amber Lea Easton
;) Romantic Suspense
50th out of 141 books — 188 voters
My Name Is Rapunzel by K.C. HiltonBrave New World by Aldous HuxleyBoundless by Cynthia HandTess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas HardyThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Authors With A Last Name Starting With "H"
153rd out of 685 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamela(AllHoney)
Another library find. I've never read this author before but I enjoyed it and will look for her other novels. It didn't have that WOW factor and I thought the romance elements could have used a little more tweaking (development) but it was still good.
Robin
Steven Hatfield's murder is a shock to ex-fiance Grace McKenzie. An even bigger shock is he left her his art gallery in New Hope, Pennsylvania. When Grace arrives in New Hope, she finds she's not the only new person in town. FBI Agent Max Baxter has returned to his hometown to clear his father of a murder charge. He and Grace team up to find out who murdered Steven Hatfield, and what other secrets are buried in this rural Pennsylvania town.

Fast moving and very entertaining. I read this book in a
Cathleen
Jul 01, 2012 Cathleen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Murder Mysteries
Recommended to Cathleen by: Relative
Grace McKenzie inherits a gallery from her former fiancé when he is murdered. Though they had broken up many years previously they had stayed in touch with each other. Grace inherited the gallery under the condition that she go to New Hope, Pennsylvania and stay in his cottage and run the gallery for 1 week.

She gets attacked the day she arrives at the gallery to check things out. From there the story progresses into a 20 year old unsolved missing persons case, the former Police Chief arrested f
Wendolyn
Jul 20, 2012 Wendolyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Wendolyn by: Laurie
I read; more than I should, so not many books stick with me. This one has bits and pieces that do. I think I'd even read this again if there weren't more than a lifetime of books waiting to be read.
I appreciate the suspense and action that went along with the romance. I'm a sucker for books written in small towns, and characters who move and find a new life.
The main character takes over a gallery. I appreciate the references to unfamiliar 19th century impressionists. One example was William Merr
Nicole
Pretty good easy read. Likable and realistic characters, interesting but predictable plot with a few twists and secondary scandalous sub plots that weren't ridiculous and kept my interest. even though I had figured out who the killers were early on in the story i enjoyed the natural dialogue and relationships and the progression of friendships throughout the story. I really liked that the heroine and hero did NOT just hop into bed right away, there was a natural mutual attraction, that slowly ev ...more
jenjn79
A fairly decent book. Nothing particularly stand-out about it as a romance or a romantic suspense. But it wasn't a bad read; just not something that stood out as great.

I have to give this book kudos, though, simply because it's set in my small hometown :)
Daniel
I definitely thought this book was addictive. Not that it was the greatest suspense novel ever written though. It kept me wanting more; longing to find out who committed the murder.
Livia Moreno de Marco
A paperback surprise. Interesting thriller with unexpected turnarounds. A page turner thats gets you attached to the characters and to how the story ends. Nice for spare time.
Vivian
hokie. A twenty something year old murder case solved in a couple of days by an amateur and an FBI guy who generate sparks that becomes enduring love. Seriously?
Leanne Williams
I found this book in the vacation house that we rented. It's a silly book with a ridiculous plot, and I should hate it. But something made me keep turning pages.
Anita Sego
First book I've read by this author. Really enjoyed her skills in character development, pacing, and story development.
Pam
Fun, easy read. Murder mystery. A little romance. Some child molestation by church pastor. Small town charm.
Pauline
This is the 2nd book by this author that I have read and once again I really enjoyed it. A nice easy read.
Lori
Aug 07, 2010 Lori added it
This is the only book by her Iv read so far,it was wonderful and I will read more.
Fanny
It was good with a bit suspense. I liked it more than i thought I would.
K
based in new hope, quaint murder mystery with some romance involved
Michelle Mieras
Enjoyable. Perfect book for traveling!
Donnajo
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
donna sinks
donna sinks marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Stephanie Thomas
Stephanie Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
  • Final Justice
  • Facing Fear (S.A.S.S., #2)
  • The Survivors
  • Blood Ties
  • Target
  • Burning Lies
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
  • A Farewell to Yarns (Jane Jeffry, #2)
  • Criminal Intent
  • Chain Reaction
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Bogeyman
  • If She Should Die
  • The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)
  • The Vision (Harrison Investigation, #3)
  • Hurricane
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane #2)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
The Search Now You Die Deadly Intent Scent of a Killer Moment of Truth (Kate Logan, #2)