Start by marking “Missing Julia” as Want to Read:
Missing Julia

Missing Julia

When Julia Seymour goes missing without warning one ordinary October morning, William Harris is catapulted into a life he's never imagined. As he pieces together Julia's movements in the week of her disappearance, William begins to learn that the woman he loves has a past and a secret that she has never shared. At first, he feels bewildered, guilty: has he failed her in so ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by MacMillan (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Missing Julia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Julia

Robyn
Feb 12, 2016 Robyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't particularly bad, but it don't think it was particularly good either. Saying that, the second half was certainly a lot better than the first half, which I thought was rather slow and took me a while to get into. I didn't really connect with any of the characters, especially Julia. I didn't really understand her motives for what she did. Ok, so she assisted in the euthanasia of a friend's mother and, after being threatened, finds out that she could go to jail for that. I understa ...more
Chloe
Nov 06, 2014 Chloe rated it liked it
Hmmm ... not what I was expecting at all. I was hoping for much more! The beginning is quite good ... the whole mystery surrounding Julia disappearing and leaving "clues" behind ... but it rather quickly falls a bit flat when the whole mystery becomes obvious very early on. A bit slow reading, but having said that, I still wanted to finish and resolve the story.

Maria Nicholas
May 13, 2017 Maria Nicholas rated it it was ok
A holiday read. Annoying characters, couldn't really identify with them. And if you're prepared to help someone die, why not stay and fight for that cause rather than running away. And if I'd have been William, I'd have been livid that the person who supposedly is his soul mate wouldn't tell him the truth rather than have him chase her across continents in order to find out the truth. Not very satisfactory
Ruth
Probably 3.5 stars. I couldn't really warm to the main character and found her quite annoying and selfish. I found the story interesting however and a quick enough read.
Aileen
Oct 25, 2011 Aileen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia Seymour is a 59 year old, retired Doctor, she has a daughter
Melissa, 2 grandchildren and a partner William, so why would she plan
to disappear taking all her possessions with her? William though they
were happy and was going to propose, William is determined to get to
the bottom of her disappearance and find her but does he succeed? He
starts to trace Julia’s friends, but is he prepared for what he finds
out in the process?
This book is a bit slow at times, one chapter is about Julia the other
ab
Celia Lynch
Jun 15, 2011 Celia Lynch rated it liked it
Another of those books where your looking to give half a star instead of a full one.
Had quite a good story but when you boiled it down perhaps the whole thing could fit in one or two pages.
You see a strong woman with strong women friends.
Somehow the women all seem to have their own money. Lots of it. No bother having expensive meals, living in expensive houses, hopping in taxies & on to long plane flights at the drop of a hat.
A lot of the books I've read lately seem to have obnoxious off
Damhnait Dennis
Sep 12, 2014 Damhnait Dennis rated it liked it
This novel addresses end of life decisions and how society deals with those who exercise their right to die and punishes those who assist them. It describes the complexities of this issue and how perhaps your perspective changes when you are faced with a serious illness or long-term suffering without the possibility of recovery. The characters are credible and flawed, although the denouement is perhaps too neat and tidy and happy-ever-after. I can't say that it's an enjoyable read but it is most ...more
Mara
Un libro emozionante, ma che cade in un romanticismo di maniera, soprattutto nel finale. Ho sempre letto con interesse e piacere i libri di Catherine Dunne , apprezzando il suo pragmatismo e la capacità di raccontare storie “banali di vita vissuta” con attenzione, senza cadere nella retorica e nella melassa dei sentimenti.
In “Tutto per amore” ho trovato l’ impianto della storia emozionante, ma la narrazione diventa spesso ridondante, con dialoghi smielati e poco credibili.
A.B. Shepherd
May 08, 2011 A.B. Shepherd rated it really liked it
Seems like I've waited a long time to read a book as good as this one. I love the way the author developed the characters and told this story of Julia and William. It is also nice to read a story with mature main characters and second love found later in life. A compassionate and heart-warming tale.
Anna Rossi
Nov 02, 2014 Anna Rossi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una storia d'amore e una serie di eventi che portano a cambiamenti radicali di vita per la protagonista e per l'uomo che la ama; una rosa fedele di amici e una buona dose di suspense, tutti elementi che favoriscono una scorrevole e piacevole lettura.
Penny Little
Feb 14, 2015 Penny Little rated it really liked it
A page turner. I really wanted to find out why Julia had left. Small clues are dropped in, just enough to keep you guessing.
Orla
Jul 23, 2011 Orla rated it liked it
slow but keeps your attention i enjoyed the twist
Erin
Sep 30, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: once-was-enough
Seriously, what was the big deal? It was a page turner, but a bit of a let-down on the ole reveal.
Gilliancc
Jul 09, 2011 Gilliancc rated it did not like it
Simply awful.
Rowena
Jul 30, 2011 Rowena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The build-up is good, but it ends a bit flat in my opinion. The reason Julia leaves is not too plausible to me, it seems like she opted for flight rather than fight when the going got tough.
R.
Dec 29, 2011 R. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bello ma finale banale!
Kerry Grantham reilly
A very slow read and not a great storyline. Having said that it was well written and I did "have to finish it".
Yolanda
Feb 27, 2013 Yolanda rated it did not like it
far fetched and extremely boring
Ramita
Nov 12, 2016 Ramita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
page turning book.......
61pat
Oct 06, 2011 61pat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Una trama scontata dalla prima all'ultima pagina ed inoltre, secondo me anche una pessima traduzione...
Donna Irwin
Sep 15, 2011 Donna Irwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little gem of a book, I loved it. A tender story of Julia who needs to run away, and of William who she knows will find her. Beautifully written , great characters.
Alang
Mar 13, 2011 Alang rated it liked it
a lovely page turner.
Kathryn
Mar 23, 2012 Kathryn rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Unreadable. Fusty dialogue, unappealing characters, useless descriptions of unrelated events (e.g. boy on ferry medical incident).

I gave up prior to completion; it was that bad.
Penelope
Feb 18, 2013 Penelope rated it really liked it
Would rather give 3.5.
Sofia
Sofia rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2014
Sharona
Sharona rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Abbondio
Abbondio rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
Sharon Morgan
Sharon Morgan rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Sharon Cole
Sharon Cole rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Die Stunde der Erben
  • S.O.S. Amore
  • Le prime luci del mattino
  • Il senso dell'elefante
  • Rani
  • Bone China
  • The Year After
  • Chelsea Wives
  • My Life with George: What I Learned about Joy from One Neurotic (and Very Expensive) Dog
  • Anila's Journey
  • Becoming Alice: A Memoir
  • Blood Ties
  • The Great Escape
  • The Dogs and the Wolves
Most writers serve a very long apprenticeship.

I became a fulltime writer in 1995, but I’ve been writing ever since I can remember. From short – very short – stories as a child to the usual excruciating poetry as a teenager: I’ve probably being putting words on paper for almost half a century now. What a thought.

As a child, it took me a few years to learn that there was a difference between reading
More about Catherine Dunne...