Start by marking “Whirlwind Wedding (Whirlwind #1)” as Want to Read:
Whirlwind Wedding (Whirlwind #1)

Whirlwind Wedding (Whirlwind Jamisons #1)

Austin Randolph Jamison, Ninth Duke of Bradford, met the uncanny beauty at the ball at Bradford Hall. And from that first moment, he was stunned. How could this unsophisticated female, who climbed trees in a ball gown to rescue a kitten, know secrets that could ruin his family and speak of danger that threatened them all? Who was she, this American bluestocking who knew ...more
Published September 12th 2000 by Dell (first published September 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Whirlwind Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whirlwind Wedding

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtAlmost Heaven by Judith McNaught
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
209th out of 340 books — 659 voters
Suddenly You by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnAnd Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee GuhrkeNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanOne Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean
Bluestockings in Romance Novels
67th out of 77 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
4.5 Whirlwind stars :)

MY Austin & Elizabeth..

Im simply in love with these two ! They're defiantly going into my Best-couple-banter,Kickass heroine & Swoon-worthy-hero shelves respectively.

Would I recommend it ?

Yes defiantly !Whirlwind wedding,is a fun romance read with a dash of angst and two cubes of mystery ;) (Notice the tea reference..*sign*..biscuits..Lol i must be hungry :P )

Will I be continuing the series ?
Umm....Not sure of that one.Not a huge fan of Robert or Alberta (or her
Nefise
It was a nice historical romance story. I didn't get bored but also there was not a unique or exceptional things about neither plot nor writing. It's just an average, enjoyable reading.

And I should say this, when I read a book that its hero is a duke, I want to feel the title's heaviness, cold attitude, quality and even arrogance. But I didn't find it in this book and I think it's a flaw. At least hero might be an earl etc.
Anyway, there are other things that I can discuss but I was concentrated
Crista
May 19, 2010 Crista rated it it was amazing
Jacquie D'Allessandro is the real deal. Red Roses Mean Love and Bride Thief are 2 of my favorite romance novels EVER. Whirlwind Wedding is also terrific, but not quite as great as the other two mentioned...(that's why I give it 4.5 stars). But whatever the rating.....this is a must read book. It is captivating, engrossing, and totally addicting. You will not be able to put it down and the ending will give you goosebumps.....good goosebumps:)

Whirlwind Wedding has elements of mystery and a bit of
Gerrie
The first ⅔ of the book was a solid 4 star read. The hero and heroine were both sympathetic and well drawn, and their love story was believable and enchanting. The author really showed us the two people falling in love, their growing attraction and chemistry. There was a very enjoyable banter and repartee between them that added a real sparkle to the book. There was also an interesting mystery side plot. The heroine had some psychic ability that was credible and realistic. I was really loving ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Mar 08, 2009 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
This was a great one :). I liked the chemistry and loved the action suspense. Great combination. I thought they genuinely had an attraction and were very attracted to each other. This is up there as a JD favorite!
Lindy
Aug 02, 2009 Lindy rated it it was ok
I was enjoying this book until page 244 when the heroine turned into a total idiot. I stopped reading there.
Nessa
Oct 24, 2016 Nessa rated it really liked it
A SOLID 4.5 STARS! THIS AUTHOR HAS LITERALLY MADE ME A FAN OF HER WORK AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING FOR I AM SOMEWHAT JADED OF LATE.

OUR HERO is a lofty Duke who is feeling remorse about hiding the truth of his supposedly dead brother (William)'s heroic death from his beloved family. Aside from that conflict, in comes another in the form of the beautiful American redhead who is so unconventional and refreshing that Austin is intrigued - captivated and stood no chance against her unintended charm
Deni
Dec 23, 2013 Deni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Принципно когато станеш изпечен читател на един жанр можеш да разбереш дали една книга ще е добра от първите 50 страници. Е, за съжаление първите 50 страници на тази книга не ми вдъхнаха никакви надежди. Както и следващите 50, и по-следващите 50 и така до края. До последно се надявах да засека поне една компенсаторна линия, която да оправдае предварителните ми положителни нагласи, но уви, така и не се сблъсках с нея. Но всичко по реда си.

Първо: ЗАГЛАВИЕТО
С една дума - изтъркано. С повече - блудк

kreekree
Jul 24, 2016 kreekree rated it really liked it
I agree with another reviewer that this novel is a solid 4 stars throughout the first 75% of the novel, then the heroine make a frustrating choice that would have made me detract another star had I not known about it. I suppose because I was warned ahead of time I merely skimmed those parts that drove a wedge between Austin and Elizabeth for the next 15% of the novel.

I'm keeping my rating to 4 stars though, just because the first and middle portion of the novel were so good. I loved how D'Aless
Cindy
Mar 20, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it
Regency romance with sex. Copyright 2000.

This is one of those Regency romances where you HAVE to turn off your brain & either relax & just enjoy the ride or throw the book against the wall. There must have been thousands of eligible Dukes in Regency England who were young, handsome & virile. Even one named Austen. He meets up with an American (who's half English) & falls in love.
Elisabeth is not only tall & gorgeous,she's psychic (yeah, I know....). She has visions of Aust
Greselley
Feb 03, 2015 Greselley rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars

Wow, that was really good!! Well, I shouldn't have expected anything less from this really good author. I already read her Mayhem in Mayfair and that series was undoubtly great. I really like the characters in this story. All are likable especially the heroine, she was a genuinely, too kind woman and her kindness wasn't potrayed in way that it became superficial. And the plot and emotions were brilliantly and deeply presented. I was hooked from the start 'til the end. And the way the h
Deb
Jul 16, 2015 Deb rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Enchanting hero and heroine. Only flaw was the estrangement that occurred between the h/h 2/3 of the way into the book and which lasted a little too long for me. Perhaps because up until then their love story had been so wonderful, the break-up didn't seem natural. But I loved the twist at the end and overall thoroughly loved the book.
Kath S
Me estaba gustando muuucho... hasta esas últimas páginas. No me gustó la manera en que separó a los protagonistas (una verdadera tontería), y las últimas páginas las leí sin ganas :/... Decepcionante!
Nanette
Sep 25, 2015 Nanette rated it liked it
this is a good example of a well written book with good characters brought down by the predictable plot and character's patterns. she was too perfect, as was he but mainly the problem was that you knew what was going to expect, even with the "visions" and the mystery.
Stasy
Oct 12, 2014 Stasy rated it really liked it
A very cute and funny book. I read it so faster that I didn't pay attention about time. There were a lot of humor, but also dialogue and action.
Melissa
Feb 20, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it
I had trouble reading this book initially and I'm not sure why. Once I started reading it a second time, I became absorbed in the story and enjoyed it.
Shontell Stapleton
Shontell Stapleton rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2010
SweetSouthernGirl
SweetSouthernGirl rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Venetia
Venetia rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Aime
Aime rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Nataliep
Nataliep rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Charlene
Charlene rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Dreamer_f87
Dreamer_f87 rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Dina
Dina rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2010
Katerina
Katerina rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Joelle
Joelle rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2010
Seniha
Seniha rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Lina_mp
Lina_mp rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2009
Shermel
Shermel rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
  • Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters #1)
  • Improper Relations (Lord Shad, #1)
  • Merely Married
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • A Matter of Scandal (With This Ring, #3)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • The Marriage Lesson (Effingtons, #3)
  • My Darling Caroline
  • My Heart's Desire
  • Heaven Sent (Small Town Swains)
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • Pleasuring the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #1)(The Kazanovs, #4)
  • My Lord Conqueror
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • It Happened One Night
  • To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1)
  • Beguiled
Growing up on Long Island, New York, I fell in love with romance at an early age. I dreamed of being swept away by a dashing rogue riding a spirited stallion. When my hero finally showed up, he was dressed in jeans and drove a Volkswagon, but I recognized him anyway. We married after both graduating from Hofstra University and are now living our happily-ever-afters in Atlanta, Georgia, along with ...more
More about Jacquie D'Alessandro...

Whirlwind Jamisons (2 books)
  • Whirlwind Affair (Whirlwind, #2)