Start by marking “Deadly Sexy” as Want to Read:
Deadly Sexy

Deadly Sexy

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  590 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Though her Lexus may be broken down on the California freeway, Jessi Teresa Blake is no damsel in distress. Rich, smart, and beautiful, JT, or Lady Blake, as she is called, is one of the toughest sports agents around. She's negotiated megabucks contracts for every superstar in the business, and only the most confident of men can match wits with her. Men like Reese Anthony, ...more
Published October 30th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Sexy

new_user
Deadly Sexy is another romance suspense title from Beverly Jenkins and takes place at the same time as Dangerous/Sexy. Either can be read first, but it's inevitable one will compare the two books.

First, Deadly Sexy is a little more plausible than Dangerous. A sports agent getting caught up in some bad business is always more believable than a super secret government agent with super dogs, especially the way Jenkins tells it, with the suspense taking a clear second place to the romance.

In fact, I
Joy
I just read this from my shelf and didn't know of its description. This is the first book I've read where the main characters are African-American, but I'm no stranger to life as a sports agent.

I enjoyed it since I'm a fan of murder mystery with romantic suspense. I also liked the subject of family since JT's and Reese's respective families are a close-knit bunch.

JT Blake is a kickass agent and her clients are topnotch. She's not exactly a damsel in distress since she knows about car trouble, bu
Pamela Devereux
New author to me. From the very beginning, you are picked up and taken on a ride. Reese falling for JT at first sight. Airplane flights & phone calls just to stay connected to her. I love that he said he wants to court her. Flowers & cherries from Michigan. Dinner & sight seeing.Love that Reese's brothers & father are giving him grief about calling to have cherries delivered at 3 am. Reese is also helping the police look into a murder. He used to work for the police in Detroit. M ...more
Karen
Beverly Jenkins just won't let you down in suspense and romance. I will always be a die heart fan!!
Shawnette
Roadside Assistance With A Sexy Twist

WOW...in "Deadly Sexy, Mr. Reese Anthony provides the kind of roadside assistance, that I would be WILLING TO WAIT on ALL day. A man of many talents and a TRUE gentleman to boot. Thoroughly enjoyed the old fashioned courting he was giving Jessi. Ms. JT Blake is an independent woman that knew how to take care of herself, and was definitely handling her business well. Ms. Jenkins put the two of them together on the 5, and from that point on the SPARKS were FLYI
Chris
JT is a sports agent and one tough lady.
Reese is an ex-cop, lawyer, and owner of a trucking company.
They meet and the sparks fly.

This is the first book I have read with black characters. If the author had not been black, I would have questioned some stuff written as being racist. For example, the characters often refer to each other and themselves as "brother" or "sister".
"What's a brother got to do..."
"You are one fine sister..."

To me, a white person, that seemed very stereotypical. I did not t
Cherry-Ann
Kerry
What a magnificent ride this book took me on. My very first read by Beverly Jenkins and will not be my last either.

Oh man without giving anything away. But everything that could happen, happened. You never felt lost, the story flowed like a river and it was just brilliant.

JT and Reese are magnificent. Their chemistry was off the charts and did not feel forced. I loved the Anthony Men; Pops, Bryce and Jamal (Those 2 are called Pinky and the Brain LOL!!!)

There was hot romance, murder, intrigue, su
Deena
Loved, loved, loved the book and really loved that the book had a soundtrack - featuring Frankie Beverly and Maze! Pure perfection!

As other reviewers have said, this book was definitely grown and sexy. Reese was such a romantic and JT, like her sister Max, was a badass chick! Love those Blake girls! This book had it all - romance, suspense, intrigue - it was a real page-turner. Great cast of characters, too; some appalled, some shocked and some were just a trip. I had to force myself not to devo
Carla wynn
Ma, Jenkins has done it again! I couldn't put this down until I was done.
Veronica (Roni)
This was definitely a great read. Danger, suspense and a powerful romance. Jessi is a powerfully written character that I would love to see again. Reese is the lover, friend and protector of many womens dreams. Their blossoming romance takes place right in the midst of a hater's (Garrett) plan to make it to the top. Unfortunately, Jessi is where he wants to be and he'll stop at nothing to take what she's worked so hard for and with help from a love seeking, misguided lover, he almost succeeds. B ...more
Grace
Enjoyed this story and love the happily ever after ending.
Nisi
This is an all time favorite for me. I've read it several times and it never gets boring. Great lasting characters. I have yet to find a book by this author that I do not like.
Samara
Beverly Jenkins has fast forwarded her talents into the contemporary romantic suspense market with this page turner and its predecessor Sexy/Dangerous.
Minnie
Mar 01, 2008 Minnie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Serious writers
Excellent writing--dialogue is great. I would say it's a romance suspense novel. It will hold your attention until the very end. I really enjoyed this book.
Michelle
FIYA!!! This book was so good. A little romance, mystery and suspense!! The perfect book. Absolutely loved it!!
Jackie Scott
I'm truly enjoying the romantic suspense genre. This title fit the bill perfectly. Good job Ms. Beverly.
Rhonda McKnight
I enjoyed a great deal. This is my first time reading a contemporary novel by the author and I was pleased.
Alicia
Wow! This is a great read. I couldn't put it down. Thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the story.
Gary Sedivy
A bodice ripper mystery? Well, okay, I guess. More heavy breathing than crime solving, though.
Adrienne
VERY well written!!! This story is a real page turner!!! I finished it in about six hours lol.
Connie
Miss Jenkkns grabs your attention and holds on to it until the
end. A GREAT read!
Renee
I only read about 50 pages before i had put it down for good
Doris
Beverly Jenkins is one of my favorite authors. Loved this book!!!
Chicki Brown
A fabulous, sexy, emotional romance! One of Ms. Jenkins best!
Scott Benoit
Absolutely Loved this book, another great read by Beverly Jenkins.
Debbie
Just note what I expected, not a good read for me.
Miss Kim
Apr 03, 2009 Miss Kim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The author is from Michigan; neat!
  • Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1)
  • One Special Moment
  • No Compromise
  • King's Passion
  • Touch of Heaven
199260
Beverly Jenkins is an African-American historical romance writer. She and her family live in southeastern Michigan. Born in Detroit, she graduated from Cass Technical High School and attended Michigan State University where she majored in Journalism and English Literature.
Ms. Jenkins has written sixteen books to date and has received numerous awards for her works, including: the Detroit Free Pres
More about Beverly Jenkins...
Bring on the Blessings Indigo Through the Storm Sexy/Dangerous Topaz