Greek Myths and Legends

Greek Myths and Legends

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Identifies the gods, goddesses, heroes, and monsters of Greek mythology, recounts the most famous stories, and briefly describes Greek history and culture.
Paperback
Published by E.D.C. Publishing (first published December 28th 1986)

The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick RiordanThe Odyssey by HomerThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
Best Books About Mythology
376th out of 525 books — 1,115 voters
The Enchanted River Race by Caldric BlackwellIf You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe NumeroffIvy and Bean by Annie BarrowsOlivia by Ian FalconerGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Best Children's Books for Girls
78th out of 90 books — 28 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrew
Ok to start off with I will declare that I read this more for the artwork on Rodney Matthews - it is neither an excuse or a justification just that is what drew me to this book.

The book itself is a fun introduction to the world of greek myths and legends- it has lively illustration (which of course is what caught my eye) and some interesting interpretations.

The whole thing about the world of myths and legends is that they are interwoven and interconnected - so of course there are personal inter...more
Jane Baldwin
This is the second copy I have purchased for my classroom. We wore out the first one! Great summaries, but the best part is the glossary with condensed details on each and every personality.
V
I used to read this over and over when I was young. The illustrations by Rodney Matthews were gorgeous, and the various legends were captivating. (:
Kelly Lawrence
4.5/5

The illustrations are beautifully done and the book has a lot of information on our favourite Gods and heroes. I loved the 'Who's Who' section of the book at the end, particularly how you pronounce each characters name.
The only reason this book didn't get 5 stars from me was because I noticed a few times in the book where they actually had the Roman name for a Greek god. In the 'Who's Who' section they do list the Roman name if that character has a Roman counterpart but during the book Hade...more
Amanda Day
This is a book that gives a breif summary about the important myths and ledgends in Greek Mythology. It talks about the different characters,their relationships, and their actions.
Jada
I liked it, except for one thing. This one thing really irritated me, they called Hades 'Pluto' throughout. I know that is one of his names, but Hades is much more well-known.
Natalie
This is an amazing book. I really liked that the book is about my favorite subject: mythology. It is one of the best mythology books ever. My favorite god is Ares.
Andrew Hryhirchuk
I remember this book from when I was a kid. I'm in my home town an I just went to the little library THIS BOOK WAS THIS THERE!
So excited!
This is my childhood
A very nice basic intro into Greek Mythology--written in an easy-to-read, unintimidating style, yet it doesn't have that 'dumbed down' feeling either.
Lisa
a simple and fun introduction to Greek Mythology for folks just getting started...and the illustrations are great!
Dominika Kaníková
From this book i learned so many informations about greek mythology. Also it have interesting ilustrations.
Claire
Not bad.....I am now boring people with all the usless facts that i have discovered.
Dayna Smith
A wonderful introduction to Greek Mythology. The illustrations are magnificent.
Stephanie
cool. i esp. liked the ending, where it told you the whos who
Georgia Cummins
I thoughly enjoyed the book as that's what I enjoy.
David
A good review of what I should have learned in English.
[Name Redacted By Goodreads Because Irrelevant to Review]
A childhood favorite with wonderful, vibrant art.
Sreten Jevtic
Jun 04, 2013 Sreten Jevtic is currently reading it
Shelves: 1
Interesting
Nicole Williams
Nicole Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Rebekah Mayernik
Rebekah Mayernik marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Usborne Book of Greek and Norse Legends Usborne Illustrated Guide to Norse Myths and Legends (Usborne Illustrated Guide to) The Usborne Book Of Dressing Up Acting & Theatre Usborne Complete Book Of Magic (Complete Book Of Magic Series)