Start by marking “The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)

The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch #4)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  12 reviews
He was the original cool operator. But now Jake Harrington needs Shannon McMahon's help to complete his deadly mission. Watching his target from her apartment, the military sniper isn't prepared for the emotions Shannon awakes in him, tempting him with her tenderness...and her innate sexiness.Shannon had come to far-off St. George to hide. She knows Jake is one of the good ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Longest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Longest Night

Shawna
3 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense

Overall I liked this, but I have to be honest, some of the dialogue was on the silly and mushy side, so there were times it came across a little bit cheesy, rather than intense and dramatic like I think it was aiming for. The heroine’s nagging and denigrating of the hero was a little annoying to me, even if he was a cold, stubborn, self-punishing, “I don’t deserve happiness or love” jerk sometimes and she was just trying to help him heal. Also, her quick personality
Mojca
These SRS stories are hit and miss. Lucky for me, this one was a definite hit and a very pleasant surprise.

Though it didn't concentrate that much on the suspense, the imminent "threat" constantly hovered in the background, keeping the reader, and the two leads, "grounded in reality".

I absolutely loved Jake "Howdy" Harrington with his cool, icy facade, lack of expression and (apparent) lack of feelings. I just knew there was so much more hidden deep inside and the heroine, Shannon, caught on quic
May
Cindy Dees has a way of writing "no way could that happen" action/adventure/romance stories that I totally ENJOY. My only complaint is that I wish she wrote longer books!! She's one of the only authors I'll buy from harlequin/silhouette.

This one was no exception - I loved the shut-down (emotionally) sniper paired with the emotionally strong (once victim) woman. The story takes place over just a few days, but somehow between the fact that our heroine had a long time to heal combined with the way
Amy
From the beginning of the story I was intrigued by the main character Jake Harrington. The author’s meticulous description of his mannerisms and the reasoning behind them were quite convincing. She built a very textural, real character for me to latch on to. The plot moved the story along, adding tension and the edge you expect from a romantic thriller. The heroine is a strong female lead with a very interesting back-story and the polar opposite to our hero.

The elements were all there but the p
Maria
Paige
Hiding from a man, who attacked her in her bed, in St. George seemed like the perfect idea to Shannon McMahon. However, trouble finds her anyway when military sniper, Jacob "Jake" Harrington informs her he needs to use her apartment to gain visual on one of the most sought after terrorist. Since her attack 7 years ago, Shannon wants nothing to do with the male species, especially letting one stay with her. It takes Jake showing her he means no harm before she allows him to stay. The longer they ...more
Jamie Michele
If you're looking for a short page-turner with a huge emotional payoff, pick this one up. Ms. Dees knows her subject matter from the inside out, and it shows in this unusually stirring tale of finding one's strength amidst the most frightening of foes. I was surprised at how far the author went with the hero's violent nature, not all of which is offstage, but all that depth and darkness was necessary to achieve the shocking and thoroughly satisfying climax.
Lori
I love Charlie squad. Dees has really brought this team to life. Howdy has always been a character that's been hard to pin a personality on. But I loved how he empowered Shannon and how she brought him back to the land of feeling.

Because the book takes place over such a short period of time, you're required to suspend belief, but I'm willing to do it with this team of soldiers.

Another wonderful entry in her series
Paula Graves
Fantastic action sequences. Dees is great with the lingo, the military elements. My only real quibble was with the heroine's ping-ponging emotions and her tendency to talk entirely too much once she got going. The hero was terrific, with very unique quirks that fit his character.
Jodi
Who doesnt love a bad ass military man ready to kick some ass for you?! Loved Jake! A great short read!! Loved it!!
Gwen Staab
Gwen Staab marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Stephanie Tuell
Stephanie Tuell marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Cynara
Cynara marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Sarah Stuart
Sarah Stuart marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
L L
L L added it
Dec 19, 2014
Jenni Shaw-olsen
Jenni Shaw-olsen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Samantha Erceg
Samantha Erceg marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Elisa Martinez
Elisa Martinez marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)
  • Pursuit
  • Scandal in Copper Lake
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Ripped!
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #2)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3) (Harlequin Blaze #457)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • The Heartbreak Sheriff
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
Cindy Dees started flying airplanes while sitting in her dad’s lap at the age of three and got a pilot’s license before she got a driver’s license. At age fifteen, she dropped out of high school and left the horse farm in Michigan where she grew up to attend the University of Michigan.

After earning a degree in Russian and East European studies, she joined the U.S. Air Force and became the youngest
More about Cindy Dees...
Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1) Light This Candle The Medusa Project (Medusa Project #1) The Slayer (Time Raiders #2) The Medusa Prophecy (Medusa Project #4)