Start by marking “Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02” as Want to Read:
Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02

Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02 (Cactus's Secret #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  358 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Miku Yamada has a longtime crush on classmate Kyohei Fujioka. But no matter how many times she tries to show him how she feels, clueless Kyohei just doesn't get it. Frustrated, Miku gives up on him, only to have him start calling her "Cactus" for being prickly when he's around. Will Kyohei ever figure out Cactus's secret?
Published June 1st 2010 by VIZ Media (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02

Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jun 25, 2016 Katie (Kitkatscanread) rated it it was amazing
loved this
Luna
Mar 21, 2016 Luna rated it did not like it
Overall Series Rating 1.5 Stars

This is what happens when you’re stuck on a train (which is running slow) and have enough internet to download ePubs and then decide to persist in reading it to the end. Note to self; be less stubborn and just give up.

I do not get this series. I feel like somewhere I must be missing something but there is no character depth or development. When new characters are introduced (like Kyohei’s brother) there is this promise of backstory or intrigue but actually nothing
Miss
Jan 21, 2012 Miss rated it it was ok
Oh man rating this volume was so hard. It wasn't actively bad! I can't point to something in it and be like this is gross because of social justice reasons or this was super boring or these characters were really terrible. It just wasn't actively good either. I love shoujo manga because it usually manages to give me strong feelings whether they're of delight or hatred. Sometimes both in the same volume! This didn't manage much either way.

Ugh, let me try talking about the plot, maybe more definit
ALF
Jun 24, 2015 ALF rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015
masih fun, dan masih patut untuk diberi 4 bintang dan yaaaa makin jatuh cinta sama kyouhei. memang sih dia gak peka, tapi ketidakpekaan dia itu malah menjadi sesuatu gitu hahaha. ditambah lagi kekonyolan dia yang gak habis-habis itu rasanya selalu bikin ketawa, misal...

"ujian? apa itu, nama makanan?" fujioka kyouhei.

sumpah, aku ketawa cekikikan baca itu, mana mukanya kyouhei kaya orang sok kaya pula hahaha dan lagi di volume ini kyouhei makin sweet deh sepertinya..

"kalau begitu kau yang naik sep
Natalie
I had really high hopes when I picked this series up. The artwork drew me in immediately - it's beautiful and I love sketching these characters and mimicking Nana Haruta's style. When I discovered it, I also had a crush on a boy who was totally clueless, so I was hoping for something that mixed the sentimental with the bitterness of rejection.

Volume Two follows up the first with more cliches, introducing Itsuki Natsukawa to complete the Miku/Kyohei love triangle: he has a crush on Miku and will
Emma
Jul 15, 2015 Emma rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, manga
Volume 2 was actually better than volume 1 of Cactus's Secret. Despite my initial disappointment that my favorite plot point in the series was trashed at the end of the first book, the second one introduces some interesting new characters. First one is Itsuki Natsukawa, the lady's man intent on making the main character, Miku Yamada, his. Sounds stupid and cliched for manga, but it's pretty funny. Especially when you get to the first misunderstanding that he unknowingly exploits. But, even thoug ...more
Starbubbles
Jul 19, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Despite the new characters and getting a chuckle out of me, this boat sailed too far out into boredom waters and is now taking on water.

I don't understand the basis of her attraction to him. Miku knows very little about Fujioka, and I mean little. Doesn't know what made him a rebel or what made him change. Is it because he proved to be of better character than a ruffian? Wow, those are amazing standards and a heartfelt way to get me invested for cheering her on.

Then she changes everything about
katy  cupcake
ich muss sagen ich finde dieses besser als der erste aber dieser band hat trozdem nur 2 sterne bekommen weil es für mich immer noch nicht interesant genug ist
Jennette
Feb 13, 2015 Jennette rated it really liked it
Loved it cant wait for number 3 :)
Amy Gideon
May 03, 2015 Amy Gideon rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Imagine any common shoujo cliche...its in this series. This series is pure brain candy. Ignore inconsistencies and poorly developed plots and characters.
Shamiah Jefffrey
Mar 05, 2015 Shamiah Jefffrey rated it it was amazing
awsome
Crystal AC1
Miku finally told Kyohei, who her has been crushing on for two years, that she likes him. In the end, he turned her down, and she says that she isn't going to give up on him. After her rejection, the student council president Natsukawa, who has a gorgeous face,rich,has the best grades in the entire school,and the chairman's son,witness the whole thing. Later on, Miku lost her phone after she met
a cute stranger, who looks fairly familiar.
Michelle. D.
So this series really didn't go anywhere. It was just something that you read for fun. I thought it was going to be longer than it already was but turns out it wasn't. It was cute and funny which is why I really liked it. But because it went no where, I gave it a three.

I don't like the new school nurse. hahaha I like Kudoh though. :D
Soobie's heartbroken
Ich mag Kyohei sehr!

Ich mag den Manga. Anderen Meinungen waren nicht gut aber ich finde ihn ziemlich interessant. Miku ist ein bisschen starrköpfig wegen ihren Gefühlen für Kiohei aber sie ist sehr sympatisch. Und ich glaube, dass Kyohei nicht su dumm ist, als ich erst gedacht hatte.
Priscilla
Jan 07, 2014 Priscilla rated it liked it
no puedo cree lo despistado que es!!!
Eka Masih SMA
Nov 22, 2013 Eka Masih SMA rated it liked it
Cuma bisa bilang.... nggak sabar mau langsung baca yang ke 3!! *ini nahan diri mati-matian untuk nyempatin kasih rating dulu di GR loh, ugh*
Lex Marie
Feb 09, 2011 Lex Marie rated it it was amazing
The story gets even better in this volume, adding a few new love interests and great tension. This is quickly becoming my favorite manga.
VampireAngelSadist
Jul 01, 2012 VampireAngelSadist rated it it was amazing
Fujioka is really ditzy and it kind of gets me mad. But having that new guy come in was a good idea since the last one kind of gave up.
Teru Chan
Oct 23, 2011 Teru Chan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
im rating this based only on the one-shot called "Sono saki no Sweet".

after reading it i think its pretty cute <3
Ichigo
Jun 25, 2011 Ichigo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love idoits
Recommended to Ichigo by: uhhh... the website
Shelves: manga, favorites
omg!!!!! i totally loved it!!!!! >////< man i hope they had a good future
Dorcas
Nov 11, 2010 Dorcas rated it liked it
Getting kind of interesting now that the clueless Kyohei has a rival.
Helena
Dec 24, 2015 Chacha Centeno rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shojo
I love this series!
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Devina Frederica
Devina Frederica marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Danielle G
Danielle G marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Kavya
Kavya rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2016
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 2 (Mixed Vegetables, #2)
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 03
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 4
  • Orphen Volume 1
  • God and the World: A Conversation with Peter Seewald
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 04
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 06
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 10
  • Kobato., Vol. 04 (Kobato., #4)
Her real name is Yuki Yamashita (山下由紀) She is a Japanese manga artist. Haruta made her professional manga debut while still in high school in the December 2000 issue of Ribon; at the age of 15, this makes her one of the youngest manga artists to enter the industry.
Her works are primarily serialized in Ribon Magazine, but she has also been featured in its sister magazine Margaret.
More about Nana Haruta...

Cactus's Secret (4 books)
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01