Start by marking “Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02” as Want to Read:
Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02

Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02 (Cactus's Secret #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  277 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Miku Yamada has a longtime crush on classmate Kyohei Fujioka. But no matter how many times she tries to show him how she feels, clueless Kyohei just doesn't get it. Frustrated, Miku gives up on him, only to have him start calling her "Cactus" for being prickly when he's around. Will Kyohei ever figure out Cactus's secret?
Published June 1st 2010 by VIZ Media (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cactus's Secret, Vol. 02

Miss
Oh man rating this volume was so hard. It wasn't actively bad! I can't point to something in it and be like this is gross because of social justice reasons or this was super boring or these characters were really terrible. It just wasn't actively good either. I love shoujo manga because it usually manages to give me strong feelings whether they're of delight or hatred. Sometimes both in the same volume! This didn't manage much either way.

Ugh, let me try talking about the plot, maybe more definit...more
Emma
Volume 2 was actually better than volume 1 of Cactus's Secret. Despite my initial disappointment that my favorite plot point in the series was trashed at the end of the first book, the second one introduces some interesting new characters. First one is Itsuki Natsukawa, the lady's man intent on making the main character, Miku Yamada, his. Sounds stupid and cliched for manga, but it's pretty funny. Especially when you get to the first misunderstanding that he unknowingly exploits. But, even thoug...more
Starbubbles
Despite the new characters and getting a chuckle out of me, this boat sailed too far out into boredom waters and is now taking on water.

I don't understand the basis of her attraction to him. Miku knows very little about Fujioka, and I mean little. Doesn't know what made him a rebel or what made him change. Is it because he proved to be of better character than a ruffian? Wow, those are amazing standards and a heartfelt way to get me invested for cheering her on.

Then she changes everything about...more
Crystal AC1
Miku finally told Kyohei, who her has been crushing on for two years, that she likes him. In the end, he turned her down, and she says that she isn't going to give up on him. After her rejection, the student council president Natsukawa, who has a gorgeous face,rich,has the best grades in the entire school,and the chairman's son,witness the whole thing. Later on, Miku lost her phone after she met
a cute stranger, who looks fairly familiar.
Michelle. D.
So this series really didn't go anywhere. It was just something that you read for fun. I thought it was going to be longer than it already was but turns out it wasn't. It was cute and funny which is why I really liked it. But because it went no where, I gave it a three.

I don't like the new school nurse. hahaha I like Kudoh though. :D
Soobie's confused
Ich mag Kyohei sehr!

Ich mag den Manga. Anderen Meinungen waren nicht gut aber ich finde ihn ziemlich interessant. Miku ist ein bisschen starrköpfig wegen ihren Gefühlen für Kiohei aber sie ist sehr sympatisch. Und ich glaube, dass Kyohei nicht su dumm ist, als ich erst gedacht hatte.
Priscilla
no puedo cree lo despistado que es!!!
Eka Masih SMA
Cuma bisa bilang.... nggak sabar mau langsung baca yang ke 3!! *ini nahan diri mati-matian untuk nyempatin kasih rating dulu di GR loh, ugh*
Lex Marie
The story gets even better in this volume, adding a few new love interests and great tension. This is quickly becoming my favorite manga.
VampireAngelSadist
Fujioka is really ditzy and it kind of gets me mad. But having that new guy come in was a good idea since the last one kind of gave up.
Teru Chan
im rating this based only on the one-shot called "Sono saki no Sweet".

after reading it i think its pretty cute <3
Ichigo
Jun 25, 2011 Ichigo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love idoits
Recommended to Ichigo by: uhhh... the website
Shelves: favorites, manga
omg!!!!! i totally loved it!!!!! >////< man i hope they had a good future
Dorcas
Getting kind of interesting now that the clueless Kyohei has a rival.
Helena
AWESOME AWESOME SOO ROMANCTIC ^^
Jocelyn
One word... HILARIOUS
Debra
Debra added it
Oct 15, 2014
Kym
Kym marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Chrissie
Chrissie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Vol. 02
  • B.O.D.Y., Vol. 7
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 2 (Mixed Vegetables, #2)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 03
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 05
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 05 (Arata: The Legend, #5)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 08
Her real name is Yuki Yamashita (山下由紀) She is a Japanese manga artist. Haruta made her professional manga debut while still in high school in the December 2000 issue of Ribon; at the age of 15, this makes her one of the youngest manga artists to enter the industry.
Her works are primarily serialized in Ribon Magazine, but she has also been featured in its sister magazine Margaret.
More about Nana Haruta...
Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01 Love Berrish!, Vol. 01 Stardust Wink 01 Chocolate Cosmos, Vol. 01 (Chocolate Cosmos, #1) Cactus's Secret, Vol. 03