Start by marking “The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village” as Want to Read:
The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village

The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village

"Forgotten God for kids".  A timeless parable for children from best-selling author Francis Chan.

The villagers loved the big, red tractor. It helped them grow enough food to get them through the year. But it was hard to use, and it didn’t work very well. Even with everyone helping to push and pull the tractor, they couldn’t get much done. Everyone believed that was just ho
Published September 1st 2010 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village

Kim♥
Feb 09, 2012 Kim♥ rated it it was amazing
I loved the book's message that trying to live the Christian life without the power of the Holy Spirit is like trying to plow a field by pulling a tractor. Cute. My boys loved it. :)

I love the message of Chan's children's books--they really "put the cookies down on the bottom shelf" for kids. I hope Chan continues to write for kids. He has a gift for it!
Cynthia  Sanders
Oct 18, 2015 Cynthia Sanders rated it it was amazing
Inspirational. One of those picture books that's written for children of all ages, requiring that childlike faith, not bogged down by rules, committees & politics, but acceptance that God is bigger than the limitations and box we try to put Him in. With the Holy Spirit pressing us forward, we can accomplish more than we ever imagined!
Kate Scott
Oct 14, 2010 Kate Scott rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
A parable about the importance of reading Scripture and fulfilling God’s purpose for your life with the help of His Spirit, The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village attempts to share an important message, but fails to communicate it effectively to today’s kids. In the story, the villagers use the Big Red Tractor to plow their fields, yet they have to manually push and pull the tractor along because they don’t know that it can run on its own. Any kid who has been to a farm is going to be asking ...more
Hosanna
Sep 27, 2016 Hosanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village is another inspirational and easy-to-understand book for young readers. Francis Chan tells a story that children can relate to with the powerful truth of how we should follow our "user's manual" - the Bible. When we stop trying to fix everything ourselves and relay on God's Word, our lives will produce fruit that will last. The illustrations are eye-catching for children, and the message is an important one. =)
Danielle Mootz
May 12, 2016 Danielle Mootz rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
We picked up this book at our public library and I was pleasantly surprised at the great message and how it's made with the red tractor.
Norman Van Der Linde
I read this book to a bunch of children at a children's day at work. I was impressed with the depth Francis managed to put in while keeping it on a child's understanding level.
Andrea
Nov 06, 2013 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Great illustration for children.
Cheryl Heflin
Cheryl Heflin rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
Ana
Ana rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Lona
Lona rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Judith
Judith rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Katie Lathem
Katie Lathem rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Michaiah
Michaiah rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Valleywilsong
Valleywilsong rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Katie Statham
Katie Statham rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Cyndy
Cyndy rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2012
Sandie Dugas
Sandie Dugas rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Alonzo Jones
Alonzo Jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Clydylyn Jane
Clydylyn Jane rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Chris Meirose
Chris Meirose rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Misti
Misti rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2017
Karen Stoller
Karen Stoller rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2012
Alfonso Wade
Alfonso Wade rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Alyssa Fabik
Alyssa Fabik rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2013
Eli
Eli rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Deighve
Deighve rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014
  • Bright Baby Colors
  • Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing
  • What's Heaven?
  • The Squire and the Scroll: A Tale of the Rewards of a Pure Heart
  • The Little Train (Mr. Small, #4)
  • If the Dinosaurs Came Back
  • Called: The Crisis and Promise of Following Jesus Today
  • Where's the Dragon?
  • Happy Birthday, Danny and the Dinosaur!
  • High in the Clouds
  • I Spy Little Animals
  • Story of Jonah
  • Dinosaur Time
  • The Boy and the Ocean
  • Far Flutterby
Francis Chan is an American pastor and teacher, who lives in California with his wife, Lisa, and their four children. He is the former pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Simi Valley, CA, which he and his wife started in 1994.
More about Francis Chan...