Start by marking “Sweet Wind, Wild Wind” as Want to Read:
Sweet Wind, Wild Wind

Sweet Wind, Wild Wind

The long-awaited re-release of a classic romance - Lara Chandler has come home to the Rocking B Ranch – though not for Carson Blackridge. Four years ago he cruelly rejected her, and her love turned to hate. But the chance to research the history of the ranch on a business footing is one she just can’t pass up. Carson is waiting, though, and he is determined to show her tha ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Severn House Publishers (first published January 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Wind, Wild Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Wind, Wild Wind

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Feb 11, 2009 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elizabeth Lowell, Diana Palmer, or Susan Fox fans
I enjoyed the emotional intensity of this book. At first, you really don't have a handle on Carson. He was very remote and calculating. I wanted Lara to walk out on him and never look back. Then, I was glad that she didn't get to leave him. Carson was a very sad person. I think about what his parents did to him, to each other, to Lara's mother, and to Lara's grandfather, and it makes me sad. I have a problematic family, but we love each other, for all the strife. Poor Carson never had anyone lov ...more
KatieV
I did enjoy this. I listened to the audio and all along I was thinking, this reminds me of a Hqn. Actually it was originally an old Silhouette title. I've only ever read Lowell's historicals and while I knew she'd done some contemporaries I didn't realize she'd ever dabbled in the 'series' books.

The formula is one I tend to enjoy. We have a hero who initially unfairly blames the heroine for things that are not her fault and embroils her in a revenge plot. In this case, he was too decent to follo
Laura V.
2.5/5

Pff, una novela de las de antes... Creo.
Carson fue un verdadero bastardo y cretino al traumar(? de esa manera a Lara, y Lara es lo suficientemente buena (o estúpida) como para perdonarle.
No me gustó esa parte, el que el papel de víctima de Carson derritiera el corazón de Lara, porque Carson ya era lo bastante adulto como para al menos intentar arreglar las cosas en ese tiempo, y al parecer, tenía demasiadas cosas que arreglar consigo mismo.
Hay partes que se me hicieron enteramente cursiss
Aug 23, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Another great romance from Elizabeth Lowell, except that I think that when they re-released it she should have written a few extra chapters to give the story a bit more body and the characters a bit more personality and back-story. She did this about 10 years ago when they re-released Summer Games as Remember Summer. I haven't read the original version, but Remember Summer is one of my all time favourite romances. I think Lowell could have done something similar with Sweet Wind, Wild Wind and im ...more
Betty
Aug 21, 2014 Betty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara Chandler has returned to the childhood home where she grew up. She was the illegitimate child of her mother and the owner of the ranch where her grandfather was the foreman. The home they lived in had been used by Chandlers for over 100 years. Her ancestor had come to this area with the original owners of the ranch and the house was theirs as a gift for 100 years before reverting back to the ranch ownership.
The last owner of the ranch was her supposed father, Larry Blackridge, who never
Pat Cromwell
Feb 10, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second favorite Elizabeth Lowell book. Again, the strong closed off emotionally void hero who has a heart that beats for one woman and one woman only. For her, he was able to overcome his hangups from a bad childhood. Of course it took a while and he made mistakes along the way. Even when he had what he wanted he kept part of him in reserve. With this book, the heroine gave up more, but for him and the love they could have it was no hardship. Again, this is the way I like the couples in books ...more
Maddux
This hero doesn't look back.

What does that even mean?

You act like an asshole to someone, then, years later, expect them not to be affected by your past behavior, just because you claim you don't look back on the past?

In the real world, bubbles like that burst real quick. And they'll burst when you're kind of trying to hide something...

So, this book turned out to be a bit better than at first. Though I do prefer a more fleshed-out story.

3 stars.
Lisa
Feb 11, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fun, but predictable.
Linda
Apr 09, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that likes Romance
Recommended to Linda by: paperbackswap.com
Shelves: paperback, april-2014
This story was out back in the 80's but this is my first time to read it. I really liked it. It reminds me of Diana Palmer but with a bit more sexy. I'm now checking into more of Ms. Lowell's other books.

Here is a write up from Amazon:
As an innocent, Lara Chandler had once offered herself in love to Carson Blackridge. He had turned away from her in a rejection that had frozen her sensuality. Now the only thing that could touch her passion was the history of the Rocking B, the ranch that both Car
Trisha
Sep 16, 2010 Trisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Wind, Wild Wind is the story of Lara Chandler and Carson Blackridge. Lara loved Carson in her innocence and he betrayed her. Now she has come back to chronicle the history of the Rocking B Ranch, the land both she and Carson called home in their youth. Carson is determined to win Lara back, but as Lara begins to trust him, she finds herself wondering if she's about to make the same mistake again. All in all the plot is pretty basic and the sex is pretty good, so it's an above average roman ...more
Mom
May 10, 2010 Mom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-during-2010
I read this once before, but it was good enough to read again.

Lara Chandler has come home to the Rocking B Ranch--but not for the man she loved and now hates. Carson Blackridge is waiting, though, determined to win Lara back for all the right reasons--and one wrong one. But even as Lara begins to trust the love she has denied for so long, she is faced with the growing fear that history is repeating itself. And that she'll make the same mistakes.
S.Wouters
Feb 04, 2017 S.Wouters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top 5

Very good reading. I like this story as well as I like almost all of the books of Elizabeth Lowell. Her Medieval stories ( "Untamed", "Forbidden", "Enchanted" ) are until now the greatest for me.
Kathy Anne
Oct 22, 2011 Kathy Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread

I like this book and that stayed the same even after quite a few yrs.Carson and Lara live on the same ranch and fall for each other,just when they are going to make love he dumps her.She leaves for collage and becomes a historian,then comes back 4 yrs later to do the history of the two families that share the ranch.They get together again but keep the secrets to them themselves even while working out the trouble it got them into in the first place...
Diane
Men! I'm not sure why we bother with them sometimes... I guess the adage 'you can't live with them and you can't live without them' is certainly true in this case. They immediately jump to the worst conclusions and it's always the woman's fault!

In this case, I guess both of them came out the winner though.
Melissa
Jun 23, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Amanda Richardson
This is another all time favorite. Hero rejects heroine when she is young and she never gets over it. She goes back to her hometown and hero wants her again. This is one of those books that I have in paperback and have bought more than once when my copy disappears. Loved it!
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that. Always in depth characters that anyone can identify with on some level.
Tammy
Oct 01, 2010 Tammy rated it liked it
Shelves: already-read
I think the rating of 3.49 is dead on. I did enjoy this book, lots of sex, whew! But the storyline was kinda slow.
Shelly
Bored out of my mind
Ashley♥Alexis
Oct 08, 2010 Ashley♥Alexis rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-m-f
It was a nice change from the St. Kilda series. Was a nice read for a rainy day with nothing else to do.
Jaime Atkins
Feb 24, 2010 Jaime Atkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
A very quick, easy read that left me wishing for more.
Grace
Apr 01, 2011 Grace added it
Re-release of an early title. Still LOVE Elizabeth Lowell. I think I read this years ago. Still enjoyed the re-read.
justmeri_an
Jul 01, 2015 justmeri_an rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
Love this! Lately I've been drawn to earlier/older romance stories and E.L's writing is love love love. Especially these second chances romances.
Heather
Nice relaxing read.
Donnajo
Dec 31, 2016 Donnajo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Enjoyed reading a old favorite author.
Carol
May 20, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
Carson Blackridge & Lara
Michele bookloverforever
love Lowell.
Kendra Nichols
Mar 31, 2014 Kendra Nichols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was a sweet kind of romance, or at least it was to me. I enjoyed reading it but I don't think I'll be reading it again for awhile, but they may be because my tastes have changed ;)
  • The Diamond Tiger
  • The Rawhide Man
  • The Family Way
  • Love Unspoken
  • Guilty Passion
  • Loving Evangeline (Patterson-Cannon Family, #2)
  • The Way Home
  • Chieftain (Border, #3)
  • Wild about Harry
  • Sequins and Spurs
  • The Heiress Bride (Sister Brides, #3)
  • Lonetree Ranchers: Colt (Lonetree Ranchers, #3)
  • The Harlot's Daughter
19051
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and one work of non-fiction. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. Her novels range from science fiction to historical fiction, from romance to mystery. After working in contemporary and historical romance, she became an innovator in the genre of romantic ...more
More about Elizabeth Lowell...

“I'm not perfect. Remember that, and try to forgive me when I fail you.” 90 likes