Start by marking “Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)” as Want to Read:
Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)

Surprise Me... (The Wrong Bed #51)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  20 reviews
When Melanie Hawthorne sneaks into her new man's bed one very dark night, she gets quite a few surprises. Great sex--toe-curling in fact. Intense emotion and real feelings--even better. But it's all with the wrong man!Waking up alone, Edgar Raymond can't believe the hot night he just had. Seduced by his fantasy woman and cubicle-mate, Melanie...how cool is that? She's over ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Surprise Me..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surprise Me...

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
226th out of 510 books — 122 voters
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska OrczyThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Raider by Jude DeverauxThe Mark of Zorro by Johnston McCulley
Double identity ( hero/heroine)
45th out of 67 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

seton
This is the companion book to the author's While She Was Sleeping... published last month. The two bks are connected by the heroines who are sisters and the wrong bed trope.

I read this because (1) I wanted to try a new-to-me Harlequin author and (2) this featured a nerd hero. I adore beta heroes, especially nerd heroes since they are as rare as hens teeth. I just wish this book was better written; this was a DNF. Flat story, flat characters, no chemistry, horrible dialogue, dull pacing, etc, etc
willaful
Surprise Me surprised me! After DNFing the first book, I didn't expect to enjoy this one so much, but it had unexpected depth and brought a freshness to some standard tropes. (Nerdy guy helplessly in love with unattainable girl; bad girl with commitment issues; makovers.) There is some deceit that might make sensitive readers uncomfortable, but in the context of the book I thought it worked okay.
RLA
This is the story of Melanie, she is the kind of girl that just cant help but fall for the wrong guys, the bad boys! She has been good friends with the male character Edgar for some time. Edgar has been in love with her for ages and really struggles watching her waste her time on the going nowhere liaisons she keeps having, but he is too shy to let her know how he feels.

Melanie's latest infatuation is for Edgar's bad boy musician brother, oddly nicknamed Stoner, she sneaks into his bed one night
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is the slutty sister sequel to While She Was Sleeping.... Melanie has a thing for 'bad boys'. She just wants them to use her and throw her away as that is what she feels safe with. When she 'accidentally' sleeps with a guy she actually likes instead of his worthless brother, the rules change for her. Amusing story with a couple hot sex scenes.

However, if you have a fairly low tolerance level for selfish bitches, you might want to give this one a pass. Fortunately for me, I liked it.
Ruthie Knox
My favorite Isabel Sharpe, and one of my favorite Blazes of all time. I just can't resist a good nerd-turned-hero story, and Edgar's transformation -- combined with Melanie's realization that *she's* the one who should be surprised he sees anything in *her* is great fun.
Netanella
The first chapter of this book was such a turn off for me - the cheezy dialogue (the sexpot rock guy sing-songing "Mel-a-nie" as a come-on line? really?), the slutty female lead focused on instant gratification - that I quickly decided this book was so much drivel and almost put it down.

However, I was intrigued enough by the nerd-status of Edgar to keep on trying with this book, and I was not disappointed. So, here's why this book actually rated a finish with a 3-star rating and not a dump in t
I don't usually dip into the romantic books, but every once in awhile I need something light and quick and so I will grab a Blaze book. I really liked this one a lot. I thought it was a quick, easy read that also interested me with the story-lines. And I really liked Edgar. It was a little annoying to me that sometimes while I was waiting to see what was going to happen with Melanie and Edgar, the next chapter would switch to Alana or Tricia, but overall I did enjoy it. I was anxious to finish i ...more
Christina
I enjoyed this book much more than the first & I LOVED Edgar. I have a thing for smart, sexy nerds though....not to mention muscled & blue eyed. Melanie irks me a little bit because of her promiscuity (she's just plain slutty), but taking in to account her mother's influence (or lack thereof which ever way you look at it) it is somewhat understandable. I'm glad her eyes were opened to how great it is to have a nice guy though. I wasn't too interested in Tricia's romance, but it was decen ...more
Kathleen
2 stories - Mom Tricia with a friend from the past, and younger daughter Melanie with her coworker/friend. second book from the series
Harlequin Books
" ... there were some really interesting and comical moments as well as some good heat when Edgar and Mel got together. The "don't judge a book by its cover" theme carried well through the whole story and if you are interested in seeing a woman that thinks she's all that get an awakening to find out that her geeky friend is more than she ever thought then this would be a good book for you." From an interview posted by an eHarlequin.com member, read more Here.
Jamie DeBree
I couldn't put this book down. Literally. I stayed up until 3am finishing it, because I was just that engrossed in the angst and wanting the "good guy" to win the "bad girl" over. And I wasn't disappointed. Read it. You'll see what I mean.

As a bonus, a movie that hubby and I have been trying to remember the name of for *months* is mentioned, and now we can finally rent it! LOL Thanks Isabel...
Dawn ♥ romance
Good steamy 'wrong bed' story that moved right along and even had secondary romance. A couple events stretched belief but I always enjoy a man in pursuit. Fun loving Melanie sneaks into bed with sweet but geeky co-worker Edgar thinking he is somebody else.
Sara
I started reading this and thought I'd already done so... turns out I read it's predecessor, which I didn't really think was all that open to a sequel. Ah, well. Entertaining.
Christine
Interesting twist to the normal alpha male hero in these type of romances. I really liked the hero, who was presented as less than hot, but the heroine rubbed me wrong somehow.
Brenda
This was a cute, romantic read. I did find myself getting irritated w/Melanie and was more interested in her mom's life than Melanie's. All in all a good, fun read though.
Noor
i love a hot and sexy nerd and a man who fights for his women, the hero in this book has and does both things what is there not to love
Alexis-Morgan Roark
It was just OK. I liked the hero, it was the heroine who got on my nerves!
Mem
B539 May 2010. Edgar and Melanie, series Wrong Bed Again and Again
Carroll
Not well written, redundant.
Regina taylor
its a good book
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Little Miss Quirky
Little Miss Quirky marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Athena
Athena added it
Mar 10, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Making a Splash
  • The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)
  • Play with Me
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Moonstruck (Harlequin Blaze #514)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • The Ranger
  • Her Sexy Valentine
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Twin Seduction
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Not Just Friends
  • Taking Care of Business
  • Indecent Suggestion
Isabel Sharpe was not born pen in hand like so many of her fellow authors. After she quit work in 1994 to stay home with her first-born son and nearly went out of her mind, she started writing. Yes, she was the clichéd bored housewife writing romance, but it was either that cliché or seduce the mailman, and her mailman was unattractive. After more than twenty novels for Harlequin, and the exciting ...more
More about Isabel Sharpe...

The Wrong Bed (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Bedded Bliss
  • Honeymoon With A Stranger (The Wrong Bed, #2)
  • Twin Beds (The Wrong Bed, #3)
  • Love Me, Love My Bed (The Wrong Bed, #4)
  • Midnight Train From Georgia (The Wrong Bed, #5)
  • The Wrong Wife (The Wrong Bed, #6)
  • His Double, Her Trouble (Harlequin Temptation, #655)
  • In The Dark  (Harlequin Temptation, #723)
  • Tangled Sheets (Harlequin Temptation, #727)
  • Not in My Bed! (Harlequin Temptation, #731)
Knit in Comfort As Good As It Got Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakthrough While She Was Sleeping... (Harlequin Blaze, #533) Just One Kiss