Start by marking “Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon

Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon (Love Finds You)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Native American beauty Sunny Westcott is not one to let her hair down. But her friend Aubrey manages to drag her to Pendleton, Oregon, and the pair arrives just as the hundredth annual Pendleton Round-Up begins. Sunny is surprised by how much she enjoys watching the rodeo, riding horseback, and getting to know Aubrey's family--particularly a handsome cowboy named Cody. Pen ...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Summerside Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Pendleton, Oregon

Amber Stokes
The aspect I enjoyed most about this book was its description of Pendleton--the imagery, history, and the information about the Pendleton Round-Up. It was a lot of fun getting to learn about this place, and I appreciate Carlson's knowledge of Pendleton! Going with the characters to some hole-in-the-wall places, learning about the museums and restaurants, and learning about the Umatilla reservation was all very interesting!

For a "Love Finds You" book, the focus seemed to be mainly on the characte
Roscella Beck
Interesting only because I live in Pendleton OR. Events and places portrayed well. The story line was a bit dragged out. It was just OK.
Title: LOVE FINDS YOU IN PENDLETON, OREGON
Author: Melody Carlson
Publisher: Summerside Press
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-935416-84-5
Inspirational/contemporary romance

Sunny Westcott was raised by her grandmother after her parents’ untimely deaths. And after her grandmother dies, Sunny finds herself unemployed and trying to clean out her grandmother’s house. A friend helps her find a temporary job as a model, and Sunny is invited to go to Pendleton for a photo shot. Before she goes though, she discovers a
Jerry
A Quickie Review

A mediocre romance that I struggled to finish. Some of the characters and dialogue were a bit inane, especially someone telling the protagonist that she is too old to not be married. (Did whoever stop and think that maybe God called her to live the single life?) Definitely not the best in this series.
Saralyn
I enjoyed watching Sunny learn about her roots. I enjoyed the interaction between Sunny and Echo. The relationship between Sunny and Cody was waaaaaay underdeveloped, so the ending was like, "Huh? Yeah, right."
Jenny
It's been awhile since I've read this, but if I'm remembering correctly...it was a cute romance, but there were certain elements of the plot that didn't make sense or were over dramatic.
Carly Gamblin
The most of the storyline was about her finding out about her family heritage. While that was an interesting plot, i was looking for more interaction between sunny and Cody besides the very ending of the book. It was a decent book, but not what I was looking for. I was hoping for more chemistry and interaction between Sunny and Cody. Could have been better.
Kandice
Not the best in the series. Romance not developed until the end, and barely at that. It was more of a passing thought. Oh, um, we're in love. Public proposal. The family and location history and heritage were very interesting though.
Alishia
Extremely disappointing novel. Not well written AT ALL. This book could not have been more disappointing. Unfortunately Carlson waited until the end of the book to make the love story take shape between the lead character and her love interest. Throughout the book she doesn't interact with him and then suddenly at the very end he likes her and asks her out. It's like... too little too late. And the worst part is that the main plot is about this woman finding her roots but in the end it winds up ...more
Zette
Connie
I am really enjoying the series "Love Finds You". While I usually do not read romantic fiction, I am enjoying this series because I have enjoyed learning about a variety of communities and regions in the US. I do read historical fiction and have enjoyed the books in this series that fit this category in addition to learning about the geography.

These books are nice, light reads to enjoy while you stay inside away from the intolerable summer heat of 2011.
Larik
As a history oriented book it is really good but as a romance, Im sorry i just dont see it as normal marrying a guy because everyone else talked nice about him. I like to see characters fall in love despite what people say not because of people say...
Anne Gooch
I love the Love Finds You series and I also love Melody Carlson! When I came across this book at the Christian bookstore I knew it would be a great one I didn't even read the back cover (that is how much I enjoy this author!) and I wasn't disappointed!
Melinda
Sue recommended because she knows the author and for the obvious reason of being located in Pendleton. The location is Pendleton, setting being the Round Up with a lot of things surrounding that time of year.
April Suter
I enjoy Melody's style of writing or really her storytelling. Sunny becomes a model and learns more about her family's Native American heritage and love. "Let 'er buck!"
313 pages
Ashlylc
Wonderful story all they way through. Very detailed until the ending. I felt like it could have used another chapter for the ending.
Pat Morris
Sunny goes to the Pendleton Roundup to trace her Native American roots and falls in love.
Carly
Oct 23, 2011 Carly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
As an Oregonian, I'm interested to see our lovely state as written by Melody Carlson!
Erin
pretty predictable, and the writing was pretty poor, but an easy read.
Karen
I have to read it!!! I was born there. Just saw it.
Teresa Short
The story seemed somewhat disjointed and unbelievable.
Karen
I thought the storyline was unbelievable.
Peggy
Like this series and this particular author.
John Hanscom
Sweet, but of little substance.
Dannyandsue
Jan 27, 2013 Dannyandsue marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ok, a good quick read.
Cassandra
I love the Rodeo Parts.
Megan Williamson
Megan Williamson marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Bess
Bess marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
  • Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas
  • Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)