Start by marking “Third Time's a Charm” as Want to Read:
Third Time's a Charm

Third Time's a Charm (Sister to Sister #3)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,092 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
A heartwarming story of sisters, retail therapy, and love that endures, this book will delight readers with its sense of fun even as it confronts real-life issues.
Published January 1st 2010 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Third Time's a Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Time's a Charm

Virginia
Sep 09, 2009 Virginia added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, I wrote the book, so OF COURSE I think it's good! I'm really happy with the way the Sister-to-Sister Series ends in this book.
Carol
Apr 03, 2011 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry there aren't more books about the Sanderson sisters. Good romance in a faith based story.
Celestial
The first two books in this series are not my favorite, but they are not bad. If this book was about any other character I would probably not read it due to not loving the first two books in the series. However, it is about the youngest sister Tori.
Now I when I started this series I thought I would be most similar to Joan, the middle sibling, because I am a middle sibling. In the end I enjoyed Tori's character more. I do like Joan in this book, because she much more interesting than she was in
Ane Mulligan
Feb 16, 2014 Ane Mulligan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're a sister or you have sisters, you're going to love this book. If you don't have any sisters, Third Time's a Charm will make you wish you did. I absolutely loved—and laughed at—the bickering and mothering that went on between these three sisters. Smith admits the trio in the book bears more than a passing resemblance to her and her sisters, yet they have their own personalities. A hilarious romantic comedy, Third Time's a Charm is written by a master storyteller. A must read, Novel Jour ...more
Kelli
Mar 28, 2011 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: realist-fiction
Great and easy read! Sometimes it's nice to find a book you can really jump into and not ever want to leave!
Irene
Jun 09, 2012 Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, wish there was a book 4
Heather Belleguelle
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the Sister-to-Sister series. I did enjoy this one too but found it a bit of a mix.

I think that my major difficulty was that I didn't really like or relate as well to Tori as I did to Joan and Allie. That's not the author's fault I don't think. I could just relate to Joan and Allie's characters and experiences better, as they were more similar to some of my own. I also thought that Tori's faith journey was weaker and less definite than her sisters'. And
Deb
Apr 21, 2010 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deb-s-book-shelf
TITLE: Third Time’s a Charm: A Novel
AUTHOR: Virginia Smith
FORMAT: Paperback, Kindle
PAGES: 327
PRICE: $10.19 (print), $9.99 (kindle)
ISBN-10: 0800732340
ISBN-13: 9780800732349

Tori Sanderson is the youngest of the three Sanderson sisters. She loves to shop for designer clothes and shoes.

Her two older sisters fix her up with Ryan, a farm boy from her hometown. Over time Tori slowly falls in love with Ryan, much to her two older sisters’ delight. Unfortunately, Ryan’s busybody sister-in-law interferes
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virginia Smiths Sister to Sister series has been entertaining, hilarious and in parts filled with fun tender moments you’ll enjoy and parts that really make you think about relationships and God. Each one of the books in the Sister to Sister series concentrates on one of the Sanderson sisters. The first book Stuck in the Middle, is written in the point of view of Joan-the middle sister. Age before Beauty, is about Allie, the oldest sister and in Third Times a Charm is about the youngest sister T ...more
Delia
Apr 09, 2010 Delia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tori Sanderson loves her job. She loves the great pay checks and the trendy clothes she buys with them. She especially loves the distinct possibility of a great promotion, but she’ll have to win the favor of an overbearing boss to get it. What she does not love is trying to make it happen with her competition breathing down her neck—both professionally and … well, unprofessionally.

Outside of the office, her closest friends are her sisters. When Joan and Allie decide Tori’s job is taking over her
Megan
Jan 08, 2010 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through the free goodreads giveaway. I haven't read the first two books in the series, but this book was great as a stand-alone. I thought that Tori was a fiery, fun character. I saw these categories on a book blog, and thought I'd try them out for the written review even though I like the 5-star system better for recommending because it tells my overall feelings better.

Writing: 9/10; I liked the writing style, it was certainly vivid and entertaining.

Characters: 8/10; Although

Virginia Smith

Revell

2010

Fiction/Contemporary

Tori Sanderson is the youngest of the three Sanderson sisters, and she is in a fast moving, fast paced career. She is a shopaholic, with expensive tastes, good thing she has a great job. A job that could even get better, she is up for a promotion, however her boss has made it a contest between her and the other researcher. A contest with rules that bother Tori.

On the private side of her life, she is in a whirlwind trying to
Jane
Feb 21, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sisters have a special bond. Even though all sisters are different and can be agrivating at times, they only want the best for each other. They know the best and worst about each other and are there to encourage, uplift and care when one needs someone to talk to.
Tori being the youngest is not easy for me to relate to as I am the oldest sister. So I would be the one like Allie.
I could well relate to the job struggle when Tori is put in competion with Mitch. When I worked I had a lady, who thought
Lisa Thomas
Jan 08, 2010 Lisa Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third and sadly last book about the Sanderson sisters.While this book can be read as a stand alone, I highly recommend that you read the first two books, Age Before Beauty and Stuck in the Middle.

Tori the youngest of three sisters is facing some difficult and life changing issues. Her childhood home is going to be sold, her beloved sister is marrying a man that Tori isn't crazy about, her career is teetering on the brink of tremendous success or complete destruction, two vastly diff
Betsyb
May 24, 2014 Betsyb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
It's Tori's turn for love as the last single Sanderson sister. I have to say that I didn't expect to like Tori as much as I did, but hearing her voice through her POV made me adjust my view of her. She has a huge hurt heart and I loved this story for her. Her love interest is Ryan and I think he's my favorite hero in the series. He honest, sweet, a little shy, but confident. Between Tori and Ryan I'm impressed with this author's ability to write charm into a character. I loved watching Ryan catc ...more
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2010 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tori Sanderson has been working none stop almost every day of the week. She is trying to get a promotion at work. There is just one problem...her co-worker; Mitch also wants the promotion, in addition to having his eye on Tori. Tori has a different love interest in mind. His name is Ryan.

As if Tori didn’t already have her hands full. When she and her sisters stumble upon a box of their father’s old stuff, Tori decides to find her father and ask him why he left them.

Third Time’s a Charm is the
Christy Lockstein
Jan 20, 2010 Christy Lockstein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third Time's a Charm by Virginia Smith is the final volume in the Sister-to-Sister trilogy. Tori Sanderson, the youngest of the three sisters, is working around the clock at her job as a marketing firm. Her demanding boss has her working day and night and then ups the ante by giving both Tori and her rival Mitch to design a plan for a new restaurant. The winner gets a promotion and to be the loser's boss. It doesn't leave much time for romance, but sometimes love doesn't want to wait. Tori, who ...more
April
Jan 17, 2010 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved reading Virginia Smith's books for years now, but this time she has out done herself. Third Time's A Charm is the best book in the series and I believe the best book she has written!

There are all of the elements of a great read. Virginia's characters come to life as you are drawn into the story.

Anyone who has ever had any type of relationship would enjoy this book!

I highly recommend this book!
Debbie
Sep 23, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book best of the 3rd book of Sister- To – Sister Books.I skipped the second book, Allie just didn’t interest me that much. It was mainly about the 3rd sister Tori Sanderson. She was the most fun and interesting sister, she’s a city girl, and loves to shop. Tori goes looking for answers, and searches for her father. It still had Allie and Joan, Ken in it. There is a wedding, and a new romance. I liked this book.
Yolanda
Feb 27, 2013 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sisters have an amazing relationship with one another and their family. I'm jealous! While reading the book I could feel how close knit they are with one another. I could feel the bond they all have. All three books are amazingly good. I love them. I wish Virginia could have added a little more info about Joan & Allie in book 3 just to see how their lives developed. But I'm satisfied. :) GOOD READ. MUST READ.
Cayenne
Jan 06, 2010 Cayenne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1/14/2010 Wonderful! I almost think this is the best of the three. Tori's insecurities kind of bugged me at first, but as I got to know her she definitely improved. Good story. I loved the resolution to her workplace problems especially.

1/9/2010 I am loving this book. All the women pestering Ryan about his dates with Tori is cracking me up!
Carrie
Jan 28, 2012 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Probably my favorite Sister to Sister book. Tori had the most growing up and maturing to do of all 3 sisters, and you really saw her change through the book. I think it happened on an accelerated timeline than it would for someone dealing with all that in real life, but I really felt like I got to know Tori the best.
Yolanda
Mar 01, 2013 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I'd like to say that i'm completely jealous of the Sanderson sister's relationship with each other and their family. I could really connect with their emotions. I found the series inspiring and motivating and it's seriously a good read. I'm sad the the series is over and I wish that Virginia would have made a 4th book. But honestly each book ended nicely.
Relyn
Aug 18, 2012 Relyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian romance readers
Recommended to Relyn by: no idea
This is another book that is different from my usual reading. It was nice. Not wonderful, not life-changing, not great. Just nice. Simple, easy, gentle. Just what I needed after a long first week back to school.
Leah
Jul 23, 2014 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
TORI!! I love her. She is one fierce woman. I wasn't her biggest fan until I read her book now I think she's great. Ryan was okay but pretty boring he took a back seat to Tori's ferocity. This book was wonderful and I'm sad to see the series end. I like how all the loose ends were tied up.
Marriah
Disappointing end to the series. Didn't get nearly as much detail in this book as I did from the previous two. I just feel like the book was rushed and I didn't get the full details of all aspects.
Melissa
Mar 25, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all three books in this series in three days! I loved them all. They have a perfect blend of romance and Christian love. Much more realistic than the typical romance story. I almost feel sad that I can't read more about the Sanderson sisters. Would live to read more from this author.
Kim Goff
Aug 19, 2013 Kim Goff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another very quick read that is food for the soul. The last of the Sister to Sister series, this book reminds us that God and family MUST be a priority over our jobs. With a local flair for the Kentuckian, I recommend the entire series to my friends!
Shannon
I liked the book, but not as much as I liked the first two. Though it was cool that Tori went looking for her father.
Monica
Jun 27, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! If this series does not show you that you are important to God then nothing will! LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!
  • It Had to Be You (Weddings by Bella, #3)
  • Coming Unglued
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #3)
  • A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre, #3)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Softly and Tenderly (Songbird, #2)
  • Megan's Hero (The Callahans of Texas, #3)
  • The Bridegrooms
  • Friday's Daughter
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • A Heart for Home (Home to Blessing, #3)
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • Double Shot (Maya Davis, #3)
  • Arms of Love
VIRGINIA SMITH is the bestselling author of thirty-one novels (and counting!), an illustrated children’s book, and over fifty articles and short stories. An avid reader with eclectic tastes in fiction, Ginny writes in a variety of styles, from lighthearted relationship stories to breath-snatching suspense. Her books have been finalists in many prestigious awards, and two of her novels received the ...more
More about Virginia Smith...

Sister to Sister (3 books)
  • Stuck in the Middle (Sister-to-Sister #1)
  • Age Before Beauty (Sister-to-Sister #2)