Start by marking “Santa Fe Edge (Ed Eagle, #4)” as Want to Read:
Santa Fe Edge (Ed Eagle, #4)

Santa Fe Edge (Ed Eagle #4)

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  4,368 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
If you run into trouble in Santa Fe, Ed Eagle is the man to see…

Ed Eagle, the six-foot-seven, take-no-prisoners Santa Fe attorney, is no stranger to murder, corruption, or organized crime—both north and south of the border. His home in Santa Fe, a picturesque desert town where the wealthy enjoy the good life, seems like a welcome retreat from the grit and crime of big citi
Published September 21st 2010 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

Richard
Nov 15, 2010 Richard rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one I know.
Recommended to Richard by: I have been reading all Mr. Wood's work.
This is an amazing, fantastical story.

It is amazing that Mr. Woods could populate a book where almost every character is rich, flies their own airplane, or owns one that requires a crew and he expects us to believe it.

The fantasy is that almost without exception his characters are having sex (mostly consensual) with each other, or in groups, consuming vast quantities of liquor and drugs and still have time and energy to plot terrible crimes against each other. Or, in the case of the 'good' guys,
Michael Ryan
May 28, 2015 Michael Ryan rated it did not like it
Mr Woods displays, in this book and others, an intellectual laziness that is hard to forgive. Maybe he's just writing too many books but his constant bringing back from the dead of previous villains, presumably because he can't be bothered to invent new ones, has lent his later books a tedium which is beyond boring. I am so sick of Barbara whoisit, his divorced wife, that I'd cheerfully shoot her myself just to get rid of her. Mr Woods should respect his readers more, write less, write slower, a ...more
Shelley
Nov 04, 2010 Shelley rated it it was ok
Synopsis: A waste of time and money if you purchase this book. If you want to read it, borrow it from your local library. I actually skipped over alot of the book just because I was tired of reading about Barbara and Dolly Parks screwing everyone they met, including each other.

Ed Eagle plays only a minor role in this book. He gets stabbed in the neck by his ex-wives assassin, and then tries to have the state department extradite his ex-wife back to Mexico..of course he fails and she becomes rich
Randy
May 03, 2011 Randy rated it it was ok
Woods has been a guilty pleasure for a few years. I don't buy them anymore, but let them pile up for a year or so, then check them out of the library. I go five this time(this is the fourth I've read) and they will be my last.

This one is a mess.

Three plot threads run through it.

The main one concerns Ed Eagle's defense of a young golfer in the murder of his wife. He disposes of that one in about five minutes. The rest concerns the golfer's hiring of a secretary supposedly interviewed by his wife
Darren
Mar 01, 2017 Darren rated it it was amazing
A older book by stuart woods. I got it from the store book exchange at the store I have coffee at. I enjoyed reading it. It is my first book that I read in ed eagle series of his books. It had a good story to it. I hope to read more books in this series.
Quillracer
Mar 05, 2013 Quillracer rated it did not like it
Stuart Woods novels are at best the print equivalent of Twinkies - nice to snack on but not very sustaining. But this has to rank as the lamest Woods novel I’ve ever read.

For openers, there doesn’t seem to be a main plot to this book. It reads as if Woods was trying to run a half dozen parallel ones, none of them strong enough to carry a book on their own, and Woods never actually resolves any of them by the end, just leaves them all in limbo.

For an Ed Eagle book, there's not much Ed in it. Afte
Rebecca Nutu
Oct 03, 2010 Rebecca Nutu rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the Ed eagle series book two and three and was excited to read more into the adventures of Barbara and Cupid and vittorio however the end of the book was cut off so sudden. It pissed me off. And there's not even another book in this series out yet. I'm sure that Stuart Woods is trying to hook the readers into buying the next book for sure, but this is a ridiculous way to do it. I felt as though the final chapter was missing, but i bought an e-book for my iPad so I know that no pages we ...more
Jack
Oct 22, 2010 Jack rated it it was ok
Sad to say I was a bit disappointed in this latest Stuart Wood endeavor. Though the story started well, there were too many plots that were not developed in the 289 pages. He tried to bring in characters from too many books, did not tie them together well, nor does he conclude the story well - you are left with kind of an empty feeling that the evil ex-wife triumphs because she manipulates the system to inherit an obscene fortune and can buy her way to happiness.

What has happened to heroes of h
Teri Sears
Sep 15, 2013 Teri Sears rated it did not like it
If I could give this book a rating of no stars, I would have.

I abandoned this book around one quarter of the way through. I already know 95% of what will happen, because it's the same preposterous characters and plots in every Stuart Woods book lately.

When I had time to read today I realized I just don't care enough about these characters any longer to bother to finish. And this goes for ALL the books.

I am done reading books by Stuart Woods. There are so many awesome books out there, why shou
korey
Jun 13, 2011 korey rated it did not like it
Shelves: mindless
Oh man. What a piece of you know what! I can't believe I actually read the entire book - but I was given the book when I needed something to read on the plane. This is definitely a dudes book filled with tons of superfulous, over-the-top sex scenes, ridiculous crimes by really mean women and out of context FBI investigations. This was not a page turner, it was an eye roller. Sheesh! I put this one on my "mindless" shelf and will not bother reading any other books by this author.
Vicki
Oct 14, 2010 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Just finished the latest Ed Eagle story. I love this series and the recurring characters but be forewarned: Stuart Woods adds in characters from his Stone Barrington and Holly Barker series so the book is more enjoyable if you've read those, too. As far as I know, I've read every Stuart Woods book and have loved them all.
Jeanne
Apr 19, 2016 Jeanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Eagle, aka Eleanor Keeler, is back and Kewpie Dalton and Vitorio are back on the case to protect Ed Eagle. A good story drops in the ratings on a poor ending . . . and the ending of the fourth, and apparently final, installment of the Ed Eagle series, leaves this reader totally unfulfilled. 3 out of 10.
Steve
Jan 29, 2017 Steve rated it really liked it
March 2017 Must be a "state of mind" at any given moment. I really liked it a lot more just a few weeks later. I re-upped the stars to four.

1-28-2017 Still disappointed in the ending since there has been ample time fora sequel. I'm also disappointed in the "novel lite" quality of Woods recent books. However the characters he created have , if not endearing, then compelling personalities.

2011 I know most of the characters in the book: holly, lance and some of the company names.
three interwoven pl
Jonathan
Feb 06, 2017 Jonathan rated it liked it
Some interesting plot twists that lead to - an ending that is not really an ending. Seems the author wants to get you to buy the next Ed Eagle story...
Patricia
This is the 4th, and presumably the final, installment in the Ed Eagle series, following Santa Fe Dead. And when the story ended and the credits track of the audio cd came on, I found myself screaming at my iPod, “Oh, no! You didn’t just do that!” Stuart Woods ended the series with a monumental cliffhanger.

Now my rating of 3 is not given because of the cliffhanger. It is given because I feel Woods just went off the rails about one-third of the way through the book and never found his way back on
Bill S.
Oct 25, 2010 Bill S. rated it did not like it
Shelves: stuart-woods
Over the years Stuart Woods has written some excellent books. My three favorites have been "Chiefs", "Run Before the Wind" and "L.A. Times". These three stories were all well thought out and plotted with characters that were easy to root for and dialog that moved the story along at a crisp pace. But it seems lately that Mr. Woods has either gotten very lazy or contracted his books out to ghost writers.

"Santa Fe Edge" has two extremely convoluted story lines. One revolves around Santa Fe attorne
Julia
Apr 02, 2011 Julia rated it it was ok
Dale Safford
C'mon. Are all women just after the man's money, sex maniacs, and into sex with other women? And does every man fly his own plane, and be willing to turn over complete control of his financial accounts to a dishonest woman? And does everyone have an endless supply of money? Not sure I want to read anything more by this unrealistic author.

Six-foot-seven attorney Ed Eagle has become involved with Barbara (who we met in Santa Fe Rules as the sister of his client Wolf Willett's dead wife Julia). Bar
Will
Jun 09, 2013 Will rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ed Eagle fans
Barbara escapes prison, knifes Ed and Teddy Fay moves to Santa Fe. Ed's new pro golfer client gets framed for murdering his wife but Ed gets him off for lack of evidence. Tip is worked by Dolly to be his personal assistant until they freely exchange bodily fluids and then the hustle begins. Meanwhile, Ed's ex Barbara cons her escape from a Mexican prison and enlists her LA buddy to rescue her and begin her re-emergence by plotting the murder of Ed Eagle. She almost succeeds in hiring a hit man w ...more
Diane
Oct 01, 2010 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In this latest Stuart Wood's release, Santa Fe Edge, Barbara Eagle Keeler, the ex-wife of Santa Fe Attorney, Ed Eagle is back in full force. This time she finds a way to escape from a Mexican prison. Her mission, once again, is to eliminate her ex-husband from the planet. Barbara has several men willing to assist her -- she is attractive, she uses sex to her advantage, and she is one of those people who always seems to make things work out to her advantage.

In this novel, Wood's followers will fi
Brigitta Moon
Oct 14, 2015 Brigitta Moon rated it really liked it
I realized I was starting at the end of this series around the first half half of the book. It also took me a while to realize it wasn't a Stone Barrington novel. Some of the characters also appear in the Barrington novels so I spent a long time waiting for Stone to appear. To my disappointment he never came. Now I know Stuart Woods has a few series. I enjoyed the book. He has a different and interesting way of writing. He gets to the point without glossy filler. This happened to this person. Th ...more
Meg Morden
Feb 08, 2017 Meg Morden rated it did not like it
Shelves: action-thriller
This book was given to me for Christmas in my stocking and probably picked up at Value Village. Good thing as it was not worth (to me) the full purchase price. It reads too much like what is, one in a series...think the Perils of Pauline...and so there is little resolution at the end of the book and you have the feeling that nothing can ever be resolved as the bad characters are the most interesting so they can never be killed off. The women are all beautiful, sex starved and either very very go ...more
Deneen
Feb 02, 2011 Deneen rated it really liked it
Jay Connor
Ostensibly this is part of the Ed Eagle series, but Woods is beginning to let all of his worlds (i.e., series defined by his protagonists) merge. Bits and pieces of various story-lines cross and intersect and then fly off in deflected, albeit beyond coincidence, plot contrivances.

Yet, surprisingly Woods does this with so obvious a wink to his readers, that not only does he get away with it but he draws you further into these parallel universes.

The body count is relatively low in this one. Not
Mignonne Cameron
Have not read this one and have no intention of doing so. I have purchased all of Mr. Woods books to date including the last one D.C. Dead (Stone Barrington) and found that it has gone the same way as the Santa Fe Ed Eagle books.

Once again the criminal gets away to create havoc in the next Stone Barrington books. Wish it had gone in a different direction and was terribly disappointed in the final chapter.

Can't understand these evil women who are so intelligent and have so much evil intent that
K
Dec 29, 2010 K rated it liked it
The fourth in the Ed Eagle series. The book follows Ed's nemesis and ex-wife, Barbara, as she escapes from a Mexican prison where Ed helped put her and comes back to USA for revenge. We also meet a variety of other characters: Teddy Fay, the notorious ex-CIA operative from the Holly Barker series book Hothouse Orchid (2009) and his girlfriend Lauren; CIA agent Todd Bacon who is sent to find and dispatch Ted; and golf pro Tip Hanks and "assistant" Dodi. Beside idiotic decisions (Tip is unbelievab ...more
Claire
Aug 20, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
I stopped reading Stuart Woods books a few years ago; they were all the same, especially the Stone Barrington stories: everyone is rich, sexy, and lots of sexual action. I enjoyed the Holly Barker and Will Lee characters more. This book has a mix of characters, with the exception of Stone Barrington. Woods' books are still easy reads with little substance, but hey, if you want light, fast reading (which is what I have been looking for over the summer), Santa Fe Edge will do the trick. Even thoug ...more
Amanda
Sep 11, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
We're on the case to track down villain-seductress Barbara Keilor with Ed Eagle and his two top-notch private investigators Vittorio and Cupie Dalton in this fourth novel in the Ed Eagle series. While Stuart Woods' writing remains captivating, I found the ending of Santa Fe Edge to be a disappointment. There's no resolution, and it's a clear setup for a forthcoming fifth book in the series. However, eight years after the publication of Santa Fe Edge, we still don't have a fifth book to tie up lo ...more
Beth Gibson
Jun 17, 2014 Beth Gibson rated it liked it
Fast-paced reading, but not up to his usual good plot. It starts out intriguing, but then dies. There are multiple parties chasing each other and at times it becomes difficult to determine who is after who and why. There is a secondary thread in this novel that I had no idea why it was there. It added nothing but pages. It also deals with some characters that have appeared in previous books, but the author did not do a very good job, giving the background, so its a little confusing if you read t ...more
Ed
Sep 11, 2013 Ed rated it really liked it
#4 in the Ed Eagle series. It becomes harder to distinguish among author Woods' series as his characters interact and plot lines mesh. Here Holly Barker, CIA employee and frequent lover of Stone Barrington, visits Santa Fe lawyer Ed Eagles' story. All good fun but best treated as R rated soap opera.

Ed Eagle contends with ex-wife, Barbara Eagle Keeler. Keeler, who's incarcerated in Mexico contrives to escape and return to the U.S. to finish off Eagle. In other plot lines, Eagle manages to free cl
  • Death on the D-List (Hailey Dean, #2)
  • The Rule of Nine (Paul Madriani, #11)
  • Painted Ladies (Spenser, #38)
  • Damage (Abe Glitsky, #3)
  • The Judas Gate (Sean Dillon, #18)
  • Deep Shadow (Doc Ford, #17)
  • The Vigilantes (Badge of Honor, #10)
  • Hell Gate (Alexandra Cooper, #12)
  • Body Work (V.I. Warshawski, #14)
  • Warlord (Alexander Hawke, #6)
  • Supreme Justice (Dana Cutler, #2)
  • The Case of the Singing Skirt
  • Comfort to the Enemy and Other Carl Webster Stories
  • In The Name of Honor
  • Robert B. Parker's Killing the Blues (Jesse Stone, #10)
  • Dead Zero (Bob Lee Swagger, #7; Ray Cruz, #1)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

More about Stuart Woods...

Ed Eagle (4 books)
  • Santa Fe Rules (Ed Eagle, #1)
  • Short Straw
  • Santa Fe Dead (Ed Eagle, #3)