Start by marking “Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  37,603 ratings  ·  2,508 reviews
1 MP3 CD / 10.5 Hours

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to tra
MP3 CD, Unabridged, 11 pages
Published May 10th 2010 by Tantor Media (first published March 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Angels' Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels' Blood

Marked by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson NoelFallen by Lauren KateThe Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. SmithTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Series I've Given Up On...
200th out of 711 books — 2,698 voters
Angels and Ministers of Grace by Michelle O'LearyThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareRed Glove by Holly BlackThe Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Blondes
10th out of 160 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
A number of child-angels gather around their mother up in heaven somewhere, each taking a seat on a fluffy cloud of perfection to eagerly await the forbidden story: How Mum and Dad Met.

"Mother!" the eldest, almost a teenager, chirps. "Tell us, please!"

A chorus of cherub voice cry out in agreement like the tinkering of old church bells.

"Yes, mother!"

"Tell us!"

"Please tell us!"

The mother laughs, her face a beacon of light and joy as she gestures for the children to sit quietly.

"Very well then, ch
Lora
Jun 22, 2011 Lora rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who are looking to read more paranormal romance
You know how if you eat too many sweets you eventually throw up? Well, I think that's where I'm at with the paranormal romance genre. It just isn't for me anymore.
Angels' Blood is listed as an "urban fantasy with romance" - well, I'm here to tell you that if this is urban fantasy, I'm Donald Trump needlessly living out my writing fantasies by having a GR account as a girl named Lora.
It is ridiculous to call Angels' Blood an urban fantasy. It has all of the classic PR traits: an oversexed, dange
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I've been a fan of Nalini Singh for several years now. I started reading her with the Silhouette Desires she published, and I liked the way she wrote intense love stories with magnetic heroes and heroines I liked. I waffled for a year or so before deciding to try her book Slave to Sensation. I was just getting into paranormal, and I wasn't sure about the sci-fi elements. Finally, I read it, and I was hooked from that point on.

When I heard that Nalini Singh was venturing into urban fantasy, of c
UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva

Amaaaaaaaaazing!!!

I've been getting a lot of recommendation requests for solid PNR or UF series', something that will hold a readers attention while they wait for the next Black Dagger Brotherhood book. The truth is, there's nothing that compares to the BDB and looking for something "the same as" will only lead to disappointment. So don't bother. Instead, look for something just as compelling, exciting, sexy, and gripping, even though the world is entirely different. When people ask my opinion,
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 Stars

I didn't realize this series was more Urban Fantasy than Paranormal Romance. I'm not a huge fan of the Urban Fantasy genre (the focus centers more on the plot than the romance), but I very much enjoyed reading this story. Nalini Singh is one of my favorite authors and she has the ability to captivate and enthrall me no matter the genre. I won't lie, though; I prefer her Psy-Changeling series to this one. That said, Angels' Blood is one fantastic read!
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Nalini Singh!

This book!

Raphael!

Amazing series, but after reading the other books, this one still remains my favorite. Just brilliant <3

Some of my favorite quotes <3

"She looked into that perfect face and knew she’d never met a more deadly being in her life. If she displeased him, Raphael would kill her as easily as she might swat a fly."

------------------------------------

"“And if I fail?”

“Don’t fail, Elena.” His eyes were mild but his smile, it spoke of things better not said aloud. “You i
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
Did I ever want this book to end?

What more could you want than a steamy PNR read?

"... with a master at the art, all pain is pleasure."

Elena is a Guild Hunter, which is like a bounty hunter except she tracks vampires and returns them to their master... the angels.
Then Raphael, an incredibly powerful and ruthless archangel, request her help and she knows that failure isn't an option. Especially when he might not let her live, even if she does succeed.
____________________________________________
valee
"I'm crazy about you, Archangel. You scare the shit out of me at times, but I want to dance with you anyway."
-Elena to Raphael

Soooo... I was expecting to read a good book... but never was I expecting to find my next fav. series! I can't believe I waited this long to read this book. I just loved it. I know that some gave just 4 stars to this book, and I don't get it, it had EVERYTHING a good book should have to be one of the bests.

Paranormal-romance and UF fans ------> you MUST read this boo
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
So after I read this book for the millionth time I decided that it deserves a review.

Let me begin by saying THIS BOOK IS THE BEST EVER! This book and generally this series is a 10/5 stars! It isn't just one of my favorites. It is MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE fantasy-romance series!

This book is the start of an epic love between the Guild Hunter, Elena and the Archangel of New York, Raphael. Elena is hired by Raphael to find another archangel who has gone rogue and started killing humans without cause.

N
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
LOVED. EVERY. PAGE! I picked up this book hearing great things about the series and Nalini Singh, so I gave it a shot. From the very first page, I found my eyes glued. And when I wasn’t reading, I was thinking about it. Angels’ Blood has to be one of my favourite books featuring angels. It’s simply brilliant!

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux has to be one of my newest favourite heroines. I found myself instantly trusting her judgement. In a world where angels, vampires and humans co-exist, you would
Navessa
I have a horrible track record with books everybody else seems to love. I’m usually the one person on the face of the earth that’s guaranteed to hate them so I was understandably nervous when I started this.

Oh God, everybody likes this

I didn’t hate this. I frigging LOVED it.

This entire book is like a breath of fresh air. It seems to break every cliché used in these types of books. The main character, Elena, is a total BAMF. In so many paranormal stories the MC is the exception to some mysteri
julio
May 11, 2014 julio rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of magic bites,
Recommended to julio by: MostlyDelores
Shelves: no, bantha-pudu, dnf
dislike.

dnf at 20 percent.

obsessed with power dynamics, status symbols, and physical beauty.

plus awkward, melodramatic writing as nuanced as any american daytime soap or panel talk show hosted by women trying to out-bitch one another for an hour.

this book filled me with hate.

*is full of hate*
The Holy Terror
Jan 31, 2011 The Holy Terror rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Immortals After Dark, fans of sexy angels
*3.75 Stars*

This was a unique take on vampires and hunters with the addition of angels as rulers, caretakers, lords, and lovers. I've always kind of had a thing for angels and I love that they're sexual beings in this series. It's one of the few things that makes me upset about Richelle Mead's Succubus series because one of the most charismatic and sexy characters has to remain celibate or he'll become a demon. Religion is absent in Angels' Blood and I was exceedingly grateful for that. There is
Leah
I've been told by many, many people to start this series because it's super duper fantastic. However, I never did. Despite reading Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series and becoming obsessed with it, I just couldn't find the interest to start Guild Hunter. Boy do I regret that now. This book was amazing. It was entertaining, funny, interesting, and original. Not just the characters but the plot kept me hooked from the get-go. I mean, really, does it get any better than that?

I loved the characters
MelissaB
Elena is a hunter whose job is to track rogue vampires for angels. She was born a hunter, with greater strength and scenting abilities than the average human. In this world, vampires are Made by angels then owe the angels 100 years of service for their immortality. Elena is paid by the angels to track and capture the vampires that decide to renige on their side of the deal.

Elena is summoned to the office of Raphael, the archangel of New York. Raphael is part of the Cadre of Ten, the ruling body
Catherine
*Originally Read 1/13/11 - 1/15/11*

This was my first book by Nalini Singh, but it wasn't my last. After reading this book I got online and ordered all of the books in her other series.

I really liked the world that Singh created with this novel. It is definitely a concept I haven't read before. I love when someone comes out with a new way to portray angels and vampires. I didn't just love the book for its world though. The author did a great job creating compelling characters.

I don't usually enjo
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
This is the first books of Nalini Singh's that I have read, and wow I have been missing out! I am glad to have found another author and series to get in to.

The book was about Rapheal the Archangel of New York City and Elena Deveraux a natural born Hunter whose job it is to hunt rogue vampires and bring them back to the angel who "owns" them. Her ability to sniff vampires out (quite literally) bring her to Rapheals attention as he needs her help tracking down a very difficult and angelic target.
Shandra {The Happy New Mrs}
Color...me...shocked...

Shocked photo: Shocked Shocked.gif

This book started out super strong, and quickly took a nose dive. The premise of the story was so intriguing, I couldn't believe how badly the author was messing it up! I'm a reader, but a poor review writer. My time on Goodreads has been grooming me and I'm attempting to become better with my reviews. I found myself despising this book soooo much, I thought I should keep some notes as to why. So, for the first time in my reading experience, I did so.

I'm not going to ret
Felicia
Oh, vampires do get so old, but I LOVED this book. There's another series written years ago about Angels by Sharon Shinn that is one of my FAVORITE series, and this series has Angels in it as well, but in a very interesting world. It combines them with Vampires and Hunters which is lately so yawn worth, but honestly this book really brought it home. The world was super interesting, I really liked the main character, and it was really enjoyable. Didn't reinvent the wheel, but as always, this auth ...more
Anna
Ok anyone who knows me knows I have a huge fascination with Angels. This book .... Wow...
In the beginning I was a little confused to be honest! I thought I came into the series in a book 2 because pieces were " missing ". I found myself rereading sections and backtracking but nope ..... I was on the right sequence and I was trying to pay close attention. This was classic first book TMI overload but I ate it up. I haven't felt this thirst for knowledge since the epic Black dagger series. I just
Ren
You can read my babbling about horrible translation version cover here :
(view spoiler)
Lady Heather
Nov 05, 2014 Lady Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who love romance, urban fantasy, strong female leads
First read August 2011

breathless. dazzled. speechless....AMAZED!!!!
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!

re-read June 28-29, 2013
Everytime I pick up this book I find something new that I missed the last time I read it, and it makes me love the story even more!

I absolutely LOVE the incredible world Nalini Singh has created in this story. A world where Archangels and Angels rule our world, where Vampires roam free, and where Hunter's are born with the ability to track Vampires who go rogue.

The characters a
AH
Loved it!

Why didn’t I read these books sooner? I was very excited to be starting off the Guild Hunters series by Nalini Singh. I enjoy this author’s writing style. Her descriptions evoke images in my mind and it felt like I was watching a movie with great cinematography rather than reading a book.

Take the example of the Archangel’s Tower. Our heroine Elena has a townhouse with a view of the Archangel’s Tower. She can watch the angels fly in and out and around the towers. So cool!

Cooler still,
Laura the Highland Hussy
Wow...

With Archangel's Blade having just released this month, I figured it was time to finally read the first one. I can't tell you how wonderful this book was.

Nalini Singh has such a seductive way of writing, that she pulls you in and draws you close, until you can only eat, sleep, and breathe her world. I take that back-there was no sleeping. I stayed up late to read.

I am amazed by the talent Ms. Singh has-she made me love her characters, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but typically, I
Lisa Kay
Artist: Ni Anluain. Inspired by Nalini Singh's character Archangel Raphael

★★★★✩ I read Angels' Pawn first, thinking it a prequel, when really it is just a companion novella to Angels' Blood. For me, this was a disadvantage; while I loved Elena in this story, Raphael was not a very likeable character in that one, IMHO, and I wondered not how, but if Ms. Singh was going to be able to covert me to a Raphael fan. She did, but the going was rough.

I liked the story and was glad I finished it. In all
Anzu The Great Destroyer
*2013 edit
This review is embarrassing. But I'll leave it here. It's good to see how much I've changed over the years... I'll be writing my current thoughts in bold. Eh.

Wow… even now I’m short on words. This may be the best book, and I mean THE best book, I’ve ever read (No, it's not. It was still pretty good). Nalini Singh landed on the first position in my top favorite authors because of this (... Nope. Not anymore.). I will start by saying that I love her writing style. She’s got some
Nichole (Dirty H)
I loved how fresh and original this book felt. The premise of the book/series is not something that has been hashed and rehashed a zillion times in PNR/UF fiction.
Like a lot of Singh's books I felt that the character development was a little bit lacking. And while the plot of the book is about Elena hunting an archangel gone bad, the first half consisted primarily of Elena and Raphael's flirting. It was enjoyable flirting, for sure, but I was ready for the actual book to start.
The second half w
Dina
Photobucket
Raphael by Ni Anluain
Duchess Nicole
Great new idea for a paranormal series! Obviously, it's not brand new, but it's new to me, and I loved it! I love that Elena is a tough girl who can't quite seem to turn off her emotions. So she's prickly and vulnerable at the same time. These contradictions are what draws the archangel Raphael to her. Well, that and her awesomeness at being a vampire hunter. But that awesomeness is soon overlooked in light of what a genuinely good person she is. Raphael has lived so long that he no longer knows ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Maybe I should stop reading for today as I'm two for two on the fabulous meter for both books I've read today! Okay, not gonna happen :)

"Angel's Blood" is the beginning of a new series by Nalini Singh. I'm already a fan of her Psy-Changeling series and was afraid this new series was really just an off-shoot of that...but it's not. This series is a whole new take on the angels and vampires 'thing'. And while there were some frustrating parts to this first book, I still have to give it all five st
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Demon Blood (The Guardians, #6)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1)
  • Demon Angel (The Guardians, #1)
  • Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Sookie Stackhouse, #9.2; Guild Hunter, #0.5; Kate Daniels, #3.5; The Guardians, #5.5)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1)
  • Black Wings (Black Wings, #1)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)

“I can smell blood, Elena,” Dmitri drawled, walking back into the room. “Are you trying to flirt?” 313 likes
“You do realize this makes your wings even more unique."
"Are you saying you shot me as a cosmetic procedure?”
280 likes