Start by marking “Systems Thinking for Curious Managers: With 40 New Management F-Law” as Want to Read:
Systems Thinking for Curious Managers: With 40 New Management F-Law

Systems Thinking for Curious Managers: With 40 New Management F-Law

This gem of a book introduces the extraordinary world of Systems Thinking and its "Dean," Russell Ackoff, to curious and enquiring managers, teachers, business people - anyone, anywhere who works in an organisation.Finished just before Professor Ackoff's death late in 2009, Systems Thinking for Curious Managers opens the door to a joined up way of thinking about things tha ...more
Published March 18th 2010 by Triarchy Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Systems Thinking for Curious Managers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Systems Thinking for Curious Managers

Daryle Abrahams
May 20, 2016 Daryle Abrahams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fundamental Reading

We are entrenched in a system which encourages us to look inside it for answers as to how to improve it. However, until we entertain the idea that another system exists we will continue to move in negative cycles; negative to our health and negative to the dream of opportunity. Until a fish recognises that the air and land exist, it cannot fathom an alternative path for evolution. It will stay within its system. We are currently entrenched in a system of measuring people, rath
Jukka Lindström
I liked the condenced format of the book - it was a quick read.

Most of the f-laws are found in other books by Ackoff like Re-creating the corporation - so it was nice to see them listed here. I gave it three stars as I the book does not stand too well by itself and I would have hoped more new insights and ideas for me how to lead and manage.
André Heijstek
Jul 06, 2011 André Heijstek rated it it was amazing
Shelves: management
Excellent small book with a good basic introduction in systems thinking, and many, sometimes hilarious management f-laws.
See here for a more elaborate review: http://andreheijstek.wordpress.com/20... (partly in Dutch, mostly in English)
Sid
Apr 16, 2013 Sid rated it really liked it
A nice little book. Quick read. Great introduction to Systems Thinking - from an remarkable man I've only just discovered. Keeping this within reach for dipping in from time to time.
Glenda
Glenda marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Oliver Gilbert
Oliver Gilbert marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Mark Smith
Mark Smith rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Traian Bruma
Traian Bruma marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Mihajlo
Mihajlo marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Miêu Tặc
Miêu Tặc marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Dao Vo
Dao Vo marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Brittney Jasmin
Brittney Jasmin marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Prabhakar
Prabhakar marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Jon
Jon is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2016
42piratas
42piratas marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Spage
Spage marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Christopher Bradford
Christopher Bradford is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2016
Michael Jastram
Michael Jastram marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Guy McCumber
Guy McCumber rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Benoit
Benoit marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Alex Giurgea
Alex Giurgea marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Reader4friends
Reader4friends marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Shaun Laurens [PERSONAL]
Shaun Laurens [PERSONAL] rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Christopher Barlow
Christopher Barlow rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Pinky Minnie
Pinky Minnie marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Andrey Schiotkin
Andrey Schiotkin marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Russell Lincoln Ackoff was Anheuser Busch Professor Emeritus of management science at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. Professor Ackoff was an American organizational theorist and consultant, and a pioneer in the fields of operations research and management science.
More about Russell L. Ackoff...