People Types and Tiger Stripes: Using Psychological Type to Help Students Discover Their Unique Potential

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  6 reviews
People's behavior often seems randomly varied but according to Carl G. Jung, behavior actually follows patterns. Jung called these patterns, psychological types, and he wrote extensively about these types. Isabel Briggs Myers brought Jung s concepts into the mainstream through development of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator instrument which helps a person figure out his or...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Center for Applications of Psychological Type (first published July 1993)

To ask other readers questions about People Types and Tiger Stripes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Types and Tiger Stripes

Greg
A couple of years ago I decided to add to my professional toolbox and become certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. People Types and Tiger Stripes was strongly recommended as preliminary reading before attending the certification course, and it was a worthy read. While people often seem to behave in random and varied ways, of course we all know that there are underlying causes and patterns to the behavior.

The MBTI is a well-regarded, extensively research, instrument for uncove...more
Jane
Gordon Lawrence was a professor at University of Gainesville when Isabel Myers was formalizing the MBTI. He immediately saw the usefulness of the type framework in education--and this book records the wisdom he gained through decades of research and application. And, it's full of practical tools and information. If you've never seen type as useful, read this and then wish your teachers had read it!
Nicole
Great personality indicator book. I use it with my students, in teacher trainings, and to analyze my own relationships. I originally inherited this from my step-father who used it in cooperate development training. Myers-Briggs compatiable.
Nancy Graham
Dec 06, 2008 Nancy Graham rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nancy Graham by: Paige McRight
An excellent, practical manual for those who teach and lead -- using Myers-Briggs tools to decode learning and work styles.
Jen Lilienstein
One of my all-time favorites.
Mills College Library
371.102 L421p 2009
raja
raja marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nayagam
Nayagam marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
silvermeltdown
silvermeltdown marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Ren Chang Soo
Ren Chang Soo marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Great Men Bow Down: 150 Legendary Men of History Reveal Their Source of True Greatness The Creativity of Social Dreaming Great Men Bow Down Building People, Building Programs: A Practitioner's Guide for Introducing the MBTI to Individuals and Organizations The Creativity of Social Dreaming