Start by marking “The Yellow Rose (Lone Star Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Yellow Rose (Lone Star Legacy, #2)

The Yellow Rose (Lone Star Legacy #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Texas Frontier provides for riveting adventure and inspiring characters as this historical fiction series draws readers into the struggle for freedom.
Published June 11th 2004 by Integrity Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Yellow Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yellow Rose

Crystal Kitts
I found the second of this trilogy to be more predictable than the first. Beside that, it kept my interest and I couldn't put it down. There are a number of bar fights, battles with the Indians, coming of age, broken hearts, baptisms, and great humor. This book had less history and focused more on the fiction story line.
The funniest scene in the book is when Clinton takes Al hunting. The most heart touching moment is when Clay is out on the porch having a moment with God.
I like Gilert Morris's s...more
Jack
I usually find that the second book in a series doesn't hold my attention like the first one. This one surpassed its predecessor!!
Heather
This book was good, but was drug out way too much. It started very boring, but got better about the middle of the book. The book tries to cover a 15-year time window, and it gets a little hard to follow as the author jumps around to each of the 10 or so main characters without changing chapters or breaking the page. Overall, the book was good, despite its downsides. It does leave a cliff-hanger ending to start the next book, though.
Cyndy
The Yellow Rose is the second book in the Lone Star Legacy. I have read this one out of sync, but it was wonderful! I have ordered Deep in the Heart to read next. I love the story about Jerusalem Ann Hardin and her family. I think it took alot of faith and tenacity to settle in the west.
Donna
Second of the three book series. Was a great read. I throughly enjoyed this series am moving on to the third and fine book The Eyes of Texas.
First series I have read by this author and it was very enjoyable will most likely read some of the other series by this author.
Brenda Vanwormer
bk 2 of the saga of american frontier where Ann Hardin has decided to raise her clan thru Comanche raids,two suitors and cattle drives all mixed with blood and humor.Easy read leaves you wanting more of Mr. Morris and he has written alot-alot of books.
Pat
This second book in the Lone Star Legacy series continues to be very good reading! I am about to begin the third and final one in the series.
Gwennie
I want to be just like Jeruselum Ann when I grow up! One of my favorite heroins of all time!!!
Rebecca Rash
Love the Texas setting - good read!
Cws
Dec 04, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: young-adult
YA Mor
Jequita
Jequita marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jun 10, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)