Start by marking “Harry Potter: Film Wizardry” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter: Film Wizardry

Harry Potter: Film Wizardry

4.48  ·  Rating Details ·  45,480 Ratings  ·  519 Reviews
Harry Potter: Film Wizardry gives readers a front row seat to the magical journey that brought J.K. Rowling's wizarding world to the big screen. Step off Platform Nine and Three Quarters and into the hidden world behind the scenes of the Harry Potter film series. Brian Sibley is the author of other bestselling behind-the-screen books, like The Lord of the Rings: The Making ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Harper Design (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter, please sign up.

Johanna I own the red one which was published before the deathly hallows part 2 movie came out, and my friend has the blue which has a whole new section and…moreI own the red one which was published before the deathly hallows part 2 movie came out, and my friend has the blue which has a whole new section and extra bit at the back for the deathly hallows part 2. I haven't actually read the blue one, but this friend of mine had a flip through the red one and pointed out some things that weren't in hers that were in mine (e.g. yule ball invitation).(less)

Mohammed Arabey
Oct 27, 2012 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing
One of My Harry Potter Treasure Books
*********************************

description
It's an elegant, wonderful, crazy arranged movie book.

First of all it got "Page by Page" The Movies and how it done, The Actors , Their coming of age ... How they made the amazing magical stuff that the movie is filled with it whether clearly viable or even insignificantly but related to the world of the movie and the full picture.
descriptiondescription
And for me as a Harry Potter big fan , and a collector ,My biggest surprise was the AMAZING gifts
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, to-buy, pottershelf
Growing up in the world of Harry Potter meant my upbringing was a little unconventional and hard work at times, but I wouldn't change any of it for a second. I will always be proud to have been part of these film and I want to thank everyone - all the directors, all the crew, and all my co-stars - for teaching me so much and for giving me so many memories to treasure. And of course, thank you to Jo Rowling for giving me this opportunity in the first place.
-Emma Watson

A must have for die-hard pot
Parka
Dec 24, 2010 Parka rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

There still isn't any Harry Potter art books, but this movie companion is probably the best thing any fan could wish for.

Harry Potter Wizardry is 160-page hardcover and designed like a scrapbook with little goodies — booklets, stickers, maps, even Harry's letter of acceptance to Hogwarts, etc - attached to the pages. The cover is also nicely embossed. It's printed by publisher Collins Design.

The book covers all the seven films, including a sneak at at Deathly Ha
Joost
Het boek over de films! Lees hier mijn recensie (met foto's van de inhoud) hier:
María
Este libro es una auténtica maravilla para los potterheads.
Me ha encantado conocer algunos detalles y datos curiosos sobre las películas y los actores (aunque había leído la gran mayoría en twitter).
Se centran mucho en describir cómo han construido los decorados o hasta el más mínimo objeto y he sido consciente de la cantidad de tiempo que le han dedicado hasta al más mínimo detalle.
Dentro del libro viene el mapa del merodeador, la carta de Hogwarts, un mini catálogo de la tienda de Fred y Geor
Rose Heartfilia
Mar 20, 2012 Rose Heartfilia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-in-2017
Not very much new information but it's very interesting and always nice to reread and refresh the mind about the Harry Potter movies. Besides I love the extras such as the letter, the Quidditch flyer, the Yule Ball invitation and so on.
Kathryn
Dec 14, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathryn by: Angie and Lisa
Just splendid! Thank you so much, Annie, for the great gift :-)

Highly recommended to fans of the HP series. You will find so many amazing behind-the-scenes stories and interesting tidbits; I love the blend of insights about/from the actors, as well as the directors, screenwriters, set designers, props, costumes, etc. It's just fantastic! So much more detailed (and fun!) than I could have imagined.
Susi
Dec 18, 2015 Susi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5.

Visuaalisesti erittäin kaunis kirja. Maistui toisellakin lukukerralla yhtä hyvälle, ja kaikki extrasälä (kuten kelmien kartta) saa hihkumaan edelleen innosta.
Aparajitabasu
Normally I don’t elaborate on products or production based book, but this one is good enough to do just that.

With the end of the Harry Potter film franchise nearing, it seemed the right time to go back and savour the highlights of the ten-year long series. Harry Potter: Film Wizardry does just that: a scrapbook that encompassed the decade-long saga, where everyone from the producers, directors, and production designer explain in details how they conceptualised some of the plot points and setting
Reading Teen
This was one of my Christmas gifts, and I spent most of Christmas day reading this book. It is full of many cool things. There are little envolopes that have a bunch of stuff from the movies. Harry's acceptance letter to
Hogwarts, the Maurader's Map, Dolores Umbridge's educational decrees. You can't understand my delight as I turned each page to find... stuff. Really cool stuff.

All of the main characters have their own page, giving you information about the actor who plays them, how that actor w
Radwa
Aug 10, 2011 Radwa rated it it was amazing
كتاب رائع لأى شخص معجب بهارى بوتر ,,
هناك وراء الكواليس لكل الآفلام , صور رائعة و معلومات كثيرة جدا لم تعرفوها عن الافلام
Amy Finnegan
Sep 12, 2013 Amy Finnegan rated it it was amazing
What is it that’s so fascinating about this book, which looks at first glance to be little more than a gimmicky souvenir book?

I’ll start with the forward, quoting from series producer, David Heyman. He says, “It all began one winter morning in 1997. My assistant Nisha came into my office to recommend an unpublished manuscript by a first-time novelist that she had enjoyed. “What is it called?” I asked. “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone,” she replied. “Mmmm,” I mumbled skeptically . . . .
Lisa Vegan
Nov 17, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all fans of the Harry Potter films who like behind the scenes information
This is a beautifully made, informative, and fun movie companion book! Well, maybe this is nothing more than a glorified movie magazine in book form, but it gave me plenty of entertainment value. I adore the Harry Potter books and I really like the movies, and this is a fun book for fans of the movies. The book covers all 8 movies, so I got to see a (very) few scenes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 before the movie comes out. The graphic artists who designed the films and their ...more
Becky
This is easily one of my favorite Potter based books. It's wonderful to get a glimpse behind the actual making of the movies; and it's brilliant how much is actually shared - including replicas of popular props used in the movies. That's an amazing feature of the book.
I like how the layout of the book actually is. Essentially, it's a scrapbook of everything that the movies have featured over the decade. It's a wonderful thing; and it's one of those books that will live on and we will look back
Valery Tikappa
Jul 25, 2016 Valery Tikappa rated it really liked it
Ho adorato questo libro.
Oltre a contenere un sacco di gadget della saga, come la mappa del malandrino, l'invito al ballo del ceppo, la carta d'identità del ministero, è colmo di curiosità ed episodi divertenti riguardo la realizzazione dei film di HP e dei ricordi che gli attori custodiscono.
Mi sono divertita tantissimo a leggerlo, non mi sono mai annoiata, lo stile con cui è scritto è super scorrevole e non ci sono molti termini tecnici. Risulta tutto molto comprensibile ed interessante!
Davvero
Beth
Sep 17, 2011 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It's every potterhead's dream to find something as cool as this, yes it may be expensive but I don't at all regret my decision of buying this. There are pretty little things stuck inside and very interesting facts to learn about the films/books there's a Hogwarts acceptance letter in there, a Yule ball invitation, and the Marauders map! I'm such a nerd so it's great for me to have little Harry Potter things that rarely anyone else has :3
Hande
May 17, 2016 Hande rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 tähteä. Mielenkiintoinen ja kattava teos, jonka avulla pääsee kurkistamaan Harry Potter-elokuvien kulissien taakse. Rakastan mukana olevaa oheismateriaalia, kuten Kelmien karttaa! Harmittaa, että viimeistä osaa ei vielä tässä kirjassa käsitellä (ilmeisesti rahankuvat silmillä on toimittu näin, sillä teoksesta on tullut uudempi, laajempi painos). Mutta on tämä viihdyttävää luettavaa yhtä kaikki!
Hanne
Feb 22, 2015 Hanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was an amazing read, it gives you a breif roundup of how everything was done.
You see pictures how the actors grow up on every movie.
The productions crew, some of them have taken something from the movies, and reteinde it. Cool.
Kelly
May 19, 2016 Kelly rated it it was amazing
So much fun!
Tiastika Mauliza
Apr 05, 2017 Tiastika Mauliza rated it it was amazing
I bought this book about a month ago and it's so stunning i could cry. The removable props are basically what harry potter fans need. It's worth the price, im so in love.
PurplyCookie
If you are a Harry Potter fanatic this is a must-have addition to your library. It covers the Harry Potter world in a virtual 3-D approach. The book is full of surprises and beautiful artwork. Mere words cannot convey the enjoyment the reader will receive from this book.

This beautiful book offers a way to hold the wizarding world of Harry Potter in your hands. And as an extra special bonus there are sections about the final two films, including a preview of my favorite new discovery: Fleur's dou
Hannah
Dec 20, 2011 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Harry Potter Geek Fans Everywhere!
Recommended to Hannah by: Kathryn
Shelves: favorites, 2011-reads
A totally entertaining book for fans of the HP movie franchise. Filled with insider tid-bits and behind-the scenes factoids from all 7 of the movies. Members from the cast and crew contribute to the sometimes funny, sometimes informative and always fascinating phenom that are the Harry Potter movies. Attention to creative and artistic detail is evident throughout the book. It's easy to get lost in just looking at all the tiny, (almost unseen), but beautifully rendered artistic elements throughto ...more
Mackenzie
Oct 30, 2010 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
An absolute must-have for all Potter fans, this Brian Sibley book is all about the magic of Harry Potter films. Think of it as a Harry Potter making-of extras in all of the HP movie DVDs, except they are in words (instead of in moving pictures) and more in-depth than anything I've ever seen in the DVD extras. I can't comment on it chapter by chapter; there are simply too many goodness inside this book. But suffice to say the book will appeal to those fans who are looking for collectible items AN ...more
Christine Spoors
This book gives such a wonderful insight into how the Harry Potter films were made. It was great to read comments from the producers, directors and actors about their experiences filming the series. It really made me appreciate how much work went into the films, especially with props and the sets. All of the concept art we get to see in the book is absolutely gorgeous, if it was available to buy I definitely would!
The best thing about this book is all the the removable props you get, I am so ha
OwlBeReading
Sep 04, 2016 OwlBeReading rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harry-potter
I kind of glossed over this one and mainly looked at the pictures because I already know all of the information. This was just a way for me to ease out of the Potter universe. Overall the formatting is great, writing spectacular, and incredibly informative. I'm going to use this as a model for my yearbook spreads! Anyway happy reading.
Julia
Jun 17, 2017 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books
This book was pretty cool, with all the details to the building of the sets and the characters. Also I enjoyed the notes from the producers and actors in it.
It is a really great book with a lot of information in it, I recommend it to every Harry Potter fan.
Pankti Porecha
Apr 16, 2017 Pankti Porecha rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book. Really shows how they creative team behind the movies made the transition from books to screen seem so realistic and magical.
Brittany
Jan 09, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans!
How I Came To Read This Book: I think I spotted it at Costco and browsed through it at Chapters and was completely sold on it, at least enough to put it on my Xmas list, where I received it from my mom and dad.

The Plot: It's essentially a scrapbook of the seven released Harry Potter films (plus a brief preview of the 8th). Jam-packed with notes from the actors, producers, directors, and crew members, it tells the story of how things came to be in the Potter world. It also features loads of exclu
Lucinda
Nov 20, 2012 Lucinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harry-potter
Immerse yourself in the spellbinding wizarding world of Harry Potter; with the film phenomenon’s captured on the page!

This definitive companion to the series of eight Harry Potter films contains behind-the-scenes magic and exclusive content, which will delight and amaze any fan. One can learn why the Yule Ball ice sculptures never melt, and where Galleons, Sickles and Knuts are ‘minted’ alongside the inspiration behind Hogwarts Castle and the deadly Dementors. This hardback volume is written an
Lauren
Sep 15, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Check out the full review (with pictures!) here: http://laurenreadsya.tumblr.com/post/...

This book. THIS BOOK. It's seriously one of the best things I own. It made me feel ALL THE THINGS. It's basically like a giant scrapbook full of information & photographs about the films & characters, thoughts from actors, directors & designers, behind-the-scenes, concept art, sets, and (paper) props scattered throughout the book.

You might think that this is one of those books with a lot of pi
  • Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
  • Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic
  • Harry Potter's Bookshelf: The Great Books behind the Hogwarts Adventures
  • Mugglenet.Com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • Mugglenet.com's Harry Potter Should Have Died: Controversial Views from the #1 Fan Site
  • Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter
  • Muggles and Magic: J. K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Mapping the World of Harry Potter: Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Explore the Bestselling Series of All Time
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • Repotting Harry Potter: A Professor's Book-by-Book Guide for the Serious Re-Reader
  • Harry Potter and History
  • The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works
Brian Sibley is an English author who has written over 100 hours of radio drama and has written and presented hundreds of radio documentaries, features and weekly programmes.

In 1981, he co-wrote BBC Radio 4's adaptation of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings with Michael Bakewell, and has also adapted C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia and Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast for Radio 4, for which he rec
More about Brian Sibley...