Start by marking “The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants #2)

The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants #2)

Rebel meets by-the-book businessman. Love doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance.

A Karmic Consultants story. Jo Banks has been seeing ghosts since she was six, so normal was never really an option. Embracing the weird and shunning normalcy makes her the top Ghost Exterminator in her region. Then she meets Wyatt Haines, the uptight, materialistic and irritatingly sexy owner of a
Published November 2nd 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost Exterminator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost Exterminator

Laura the Highland Hussy
This was a fun book.

The whole premise of this book is that a man buys a house, and the house hates him. He hires a consultant to deal with the house. Meanwhile, he does not believe in anything supernatural. At all. Not even a little bit. So for him to hire someone who is a supernatural freak is a huge deal. The house has him rattled.

Wyatt Haines buys old houses and turns them into Bed and Breakfasts. He's super successful and super straightlaced.

Jo Banks has been seeing ghosts since she was a k
Tracy
Sep 21, 2010 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every once in a while a book drops into my lap...or more accurately, downloads to my Kindle...that I got on a whim, based on nothing more than an interesting premise and a few decent reviews. I may not expect too much from them, for whatever reason, but if the price is right, I'm usually willing to give it a try. Then, every so often, one of those books turns out to be a fantastic read that I enjoyed immensely, and I'm doubly impressed because of my lack of expectations. The Ghost Exterminator i ...more
Maya
Nov 05, 2009 Maya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, vivi-andrews
**A word of caution this is actually the second in a series called Karmic Consultancy but it is totally stand alone and can be read without reading the first one.

Ok, so I totally wasn't going to write a review of this book when I started to read it, but when I saw that no reviews or ratings was included here for it I decided to do it. This book is a total joy to read!

Two opposite characters that are just corky enough to work together as a couple.

Jo is a rebel who also sees ghosts and works in a
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Oct 15, 2012 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Jo is a medium who sees ghosts and it able to help them "transcend." Wyatt is the business man who hires the company she works for to deal with his "ghost problem." Jo and Wyatt are complete opposites. This was laugh-out-loud hilarious in places. While, I liked Jo right off the bat, Wyatt was an uptight asshole. It took some reading to gradually like him too.
Well done, entertaining. I liked the supporting characters too. Karma is intriguing and hopefully she gets her story too. I especially lik
Karen
Feb 05, 2013 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and fun read. I love comical ghost stories. Jo the ghost expert is hired to rid the Victorian home of Wyatt, and uptight and cynical businessman. A lot of fun.
Eric Krause
I don't usually read books in the romance genre, but to be honest, I got this one for free, so I thought I'd give it a shot. And I'm glad I did. It had a neat premise--a woman, Jo, is a ghost exterminator, meaning she can control ghosts to a certain extent and send them off to the "other side." Her newest client, Wyatt, is an egotistical, straight-laced businessman who has no time for (and no belief in) ghosts. When she attempts to rid his newest building, which will soon be a fancy bed and brea ...more
Brandi
Oct 16, 2012 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute, sweet story. Definitely on the lighter, pure entertainment side, but that's not a bad thing here. In fact, I was surprised at how well Vivi Andrews managed to balance the lighter tone with enough action to keep me engaged. Her writing voice was really fun.

Additionally, the characters are hilarious. Jo is totally feisty, and plays well off of Wyatt's more uptight nature. It was nice to see them come together. It was also nice to see supernatural/paranormal abilities treated with
Mrs. Missive
Jun 08, 2010 Mrs. Missive rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute story. Very light on the smut, but definitely high on the sexual tension. Even I felt like I was staring at Jo's boobs from all the time that was spent there.

Jo is the Ghost Exterminator. She helps those with haunted homes to eliminate their spectral problems.

Jo is the classic good suburban girl gone goth, and she is the exact opposite of her current client; uptight businessman, and disbeliever extrodinaire Wyatt Haines. They are opposites in every possible way...so of co
Nancy
Apr 22, 2010 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Exterminator Moves Children into Client's Body. Film at Eleven!"
When Jo Ellen Banks, rebel, ghost exterminator, currently in her Goth period takes the job of de-ghosting a house for the owner of Haines Hideaways, she may be a tad in over her head. Especially when her first effort does rid the soon to be Hideaway Inn of many, many ghosts (a good thing!) but also sends two of them into Mr. Haines himself (maybe not so good...)
Wyatt Haines isn't fun. He is uptight, a hunk, crabby, a really good lo
Kelly
Oct 05, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Not too long ago I read a book that was trying really, really hard to be funny but, for me at least, it just came across as annoying. This book, on the other hand, was funny without crossing the line where it felt like the author was trying too hard to get the giggles out of a reader. Jo was snarky, Wyatt was sometimes clueless, the pranking ghosts pranked well- and never once did I roll my eyes and have the urge to beat a character over the head with a hammer (unlike that other book).

This is th
Michelle the Romance Witch
This was a great story (not that I expected anything less from this author) and I am hoping to get the chance to read more in the series. The love and passion between Wyatt and Jo was sexy and fun to read. Both characters are witty and the sarcasm they use to keep people at a distance left me laughing so hard at times I thought I would cry. Jo’s uncertainty about her true place in life reaches out to Wyatt and that vulnerability buried under a thick brittle shell makes him even more protective a ...more
Steph
The Ghost Exterminator is the second book in Vivi's Karmic Consultants series. Jo Banks is a ghost exterminator. She's been called in by Wyatt Haines, the uptight owner of a resort chain. His secretary suggested the Karmic Consulting firm, so he's a bit skeptical. Especially when Jo shows up lookin' ... well, like she does. When she asks him to hang back while she checks things out he insists on tagging along. So, it's not really her fault when some of the ghosts she was expelling through the po ...more
Kristan A
Nov 08, 2009 Kristan A rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle, vivi
This book is #2 in the Karmic Consultants series that began with the novella The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant. It's just as much fun as the first, and kept me laughing 'til my sides hurt as it took me on a wild, unpredictable ride. This episode feels like a cross between Ghostbusters and a classic madcap comedy. The hero and heroine couldn't seem more different, striking sparks at every turn. But over the course of a few crazy days and nights their sparks ...more
Meow
Oct 25, 2012 Meow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Darynda Jones
4 stars

Things I liked about this book: It was quite witty and funny, the dialog made sense for the character personalities, there was fun ghost-y-ness without too much paranormal information/world building bogging down the excitement, the female main character cracked me up without being too snarky, Star Trek humor, it was FREE but sold me on the author for fun, light brain candy.

The only things I would complain about were the first sex scene (the line I rolled my eyes at is not-safe-for-work, s
Elisa Beatty
Mar 15, 2011 Elisa Beatty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great, funny, compulsive read! Vivi Andrews has a spectacular, fresh voice that will have you laughing out loud and losing your heart to her vivid characters. The situation is a hoot: wanna-be Goth rebel Jo has a gift for shepherding ghosts "into the light," but for some reason she's up to her eyeballs in overly-stubborn spirits when she's hired by a highly skeptical (but very sexy) type-A businessman...and ends up driving two ghosts inside his body. Very original conflict. Funny, tender, ...more
Sheryl
Feb 08, 2013 Sheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun. The dialogue was funny and snappy and the two main characters had a lot of sass. I was a little worried that there would be more sex than storyline as this is published by Samhain but I was very pleased to find just the opposite- definitely more story than sex. There's lots of sexual tension but only two or three sex scenes and even those were on the milder side. The story itself was light and fun; for me, it was the characters and dialogue that really made this book ...more
This book was OK, but I was hoping for more from it. More relationship development at least. Jo and Wyatt are in lust from the get go, and there's quite a bit of sexual tension between them in the opposites attract kind of way, and supposedly over the course of the book that lust turns into love, but...we don't get to see enough of that relationship evolution for me to believe it. The plot was fun, and I like the idea of a consulting firm that helps out with supernatural problems. I got really t ...more
Adrienne Testa
Wyatt Haines is a tight ass executive that doesn't believe in ghosts until an old Victorian that he purchased is haunted and he becomes the host for two ghost children. Jo Banks is the ghost exterminator, trying to help Wyatt Haines with his ghost problems... I found this to be more humorous than paranormal or romance. Same old story.. regular woman meets rich man, with attitude. They argue.. then have sex then are in love. Nothing new to that kind of story, but Jo Banks is funny in how she dea ...more
Sandra
Nov 02, 2009 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, pnr-uf, own
A business executive who doesn't believe in ghosts, is being haunted. A ghost exterminator who looks like a goth child gone wrong, knows she shouldn't be attracted to him.

A contemporary story with added ghosts. It could be anywhere, any town, any place and half the characters, whether family or not, believe in ghosts and the other half don't. So there is your conflict right off.

This was a good story, not great, but very entertaining. I'll have to look into reading the 1st one of the series, whic
Megan
Nov 03, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book took me by surprise. It got my attention instantly and I'm glad it did. Its a love story, but it also has a plot. I hate when a book revolves only around the attraction between the main characters. This story didn't do that. It actually had more to it. Like ghosts, talismans, and other supernatural workings. The scenes were heated when they needed to be, which is a bonus. I liked the tension Jo and Wyatt had to overcome. It spiced things up :)

MissyDevoursDelishReads
The Ghost Exterminator: A Love Story (Karmic Consultants, #2) by author Vivi Andrews was a nice ghost weekend read. Written rather light, and airy, I was drawn in by the premise of a catchy storyline and great cover. I downloaded as an Amazon freebie, and with an alluring blurb and fairly good editing, I found myself completing this rather quickly at a steady pace. I did enjoy, and am likely to pick up this author in the future.
Lauren
Oct 16, 2012 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ghosts
Haines Wyatt's house is haunted and not just by one ghost. Jo comes in to try and exterminate them and they both end up with more than they bargained for.

I was not overly impressed with the characterization, both Haines and Jo kind of put me off the moment I started reading ao much so that I wasn't able to get into the story. Nice for a quick read but nothing else besides.

Note: i received this book off of amazon for free, all opinions in this review are honest.
Colleen
Feb 06, 2014 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was more fun than it should be and not at all what I was expecting. She hits the right note of sarcasm and cheese without over doing it. I didn't realize this was part of a series when I picked it up, but it was easily a stand alone. A nice brain-candy read if you're in the mood for some romance with a side of ghosts and snark.
Trudi Jorda
Apr 14, 2013 Trudi Jorda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never knew ghost hunting or witch fighting could be this fun! This is my first read from Vivi Andrews and I enjoyed it tremendously! Love, sex, ghosts, danger-- what more could any girl want? Yes it has a happy ending but thats the only hint that I will give. I read this while on the eliptical at work out and it made the time fly by!
Jessica
Apr 25, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculously funny, great lead and supporting characters (even the ghost kids, and usually the kids in Romanceland drive me up a proverbial wall), and the romance/storyline has a nice combination of sweetness, sensuality and angst -- not too much of any one of them, and mixed together just right. I'm definitely reading more by this author.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Jo is a great character (and reminds me of an older Claudia from Warehouse 13). Indeed, all of the characters are done well. There's a lot of paranormal action going on plus a mystery of sorts. The relationship between the two main characters evolves in an interesting manner, and I also like the "villain" being sort of not a villain at all.
Leanne Crabtree
This book was right up my street. It had romance, something paranormal, a kick-ass heroine, an attractive male, and was funny in places.

My perfect read!

I liked the storyline and it's progression; the romance was quirky and realistic.

I really liked it.
Jessie
Oct 30, 2012 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a perfect read for Halloween! It was light, funny and steamy. The characters meshed well (even as total opposites) and the storyline stayed interesting throughout the book. I was hooked at page one!
Laura (Kyahgirl)
I read this novella based upon the great review given by Mrs. Giggles her site. I don't regret it. This story had me laughing out loud a few times. The concept of Karmic Consulting is a good one. Well done.
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1)
  • Halloween is for Lovers
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • Revenge Gifts (Revenge Gift Diaries #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • White Heaven Women
  • Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar, #1)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • The Witch's Stone
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Dark Seduction (Altered States)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
Vivi Andrews writes paranormal romantic comedies and sexy shape-shifter romances. She lives in Alaska when she isn't indulging her travel addiction. For more about Vivi, please visit her website or blog.
More about Vivi Andrews...

Karmic Consultants (7 books)
  • The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant (Karmic Consultants, #1)
  • The Sexorcist (Karmic Consultants, #3)
  • The Naked Detective (Karmic Consultants #4)
  • A Cop and a Feel (Karmic Consultants, #5)
  • Finder's Keeper
  • Naughty Karma

“Easy as cake."
"Pie."
"Yeah. I can't make pie. My cousin got all the baking genes, but if it comes out of a box and has very detailed instructions, I can make an edible cake. Cake is easy. Pie's a bitch.”
8 likes