Start by marking “El baile de las chicas muertas (Los Vampiros de Morganville, #2)” as Want to Read:
El baile de las chicas muertas (Los Vampiros de Morganville, #2)

El baile de las chicas muertas (The Morganville Vampires #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  43,139 ratings  ·  1,601 reviews
Buenas noticias, chicas: ¡aquí están vuestras citas!

Claire Danvers no lo tiene precisamente fácil: es un genio en una universidad que valora más el físico que el cerebro, debe enfrentarse a unas compañeras de residencia homicidas y, sobre todo, acaba de descubrir que la ciudad en la que vive está llena de vampiros. Aunque, por otro lado, tiene un compañero de piso genial (
Published March 9th 2010 by Versatil (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about El baile de las chicas muertas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El baile de las chicas muertas

The Holy Terror
I don't know what it is about this series that keeps it from being more than average for me. I like the ideas that Caine comes up with but I don't think she's the greatest writer. I find myself distracted while reading her books and not as emotionally connected as I should be. That being said, I liked it enough to want to continue on with the series and find out what happens with the characters.

This entry in the series starts right where the first book left off. This left me feeling a little los
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3.5 I'm Just A Kid Stars

Some days you have to wonder how many enemies can 4 teenagers battle at the same time. As if deadly Vampires and a bunch of psychotic college girls isn't enough, now they have to survive Shane's bat-shit crazy father and his vampire-slaying crusade in a city where no one trusts them and no one is their friend.

Apart from the fact that 4 teenagers manage to do more than a hundred centuries old vampires can do, this series continues to be extremely unique. It gets more gothi
Alkyoni

Dear Series,

I don't know what it is about you, but you confuse me unlike any other series around.

There are times that I like you and I want to get to know you better but then you go and do something stupid to turn me off, only to rekindle my interest in you a few pages later.

It's not fair, dear series.

See, you have this atmospheric-horror-thriller setting going on, keeping me at the edge of my seat, biting my fingernails, and then you send some deus ex machina to do the rescuing.

You give your
Anushka
I hate the concept.
I hate the characters.
I hate the story line on which this book got off.

I practically hate almost everything about this book. So, why did I read this?
I read it 'cause I'm in the mood for reading a series with around 10 books and if anyone can recommend me something better than this, I'll be very grateful.

I read the first part Glass Houses a year back, and disliked it too. The concept is just way too stupid. A 16-year old girl starts going to a college (early admission) in a s
⇠ ⇢* Sophie
Title: The Dead Girls' Dance
Series: The Morganville Vampires (book #2)
Author: Rachel Caine

The characters are so freaking good

What to expect:

Now Claire needs to accept the fact of living among creatures of the night and even though her friend disappears at sunup, now she has a boyfriend. Clare and her friend are invited to a party, but it doesn't end as expected.

THE REVIEW

Alleluia!!!! My favourite series continues, thank God. The Dead Girls' Dance was stunning, of course Rachel Caine writes ama
Inge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You'd think with a title like The Dead Girls' Dance that the dance actually has some significance when it comes to the story. Nope. It's just one scene and doesn't add anything to anything. Claire is slipped a roofie (which was totally predictable). Vampire saves the day. Border between good and evil turns grey. Yada yada yada.

The only reason I kept reading was because I was doing a read-along with Katherine, who suffers from the specific type of 'cannot DNF books'-OCD. I would've put it down,
Ian
At the end of book 1 Glass Houses, Shane's psychopathic, vampire hunting father and his band of thugs showed up. The Dead Girls' Dance has him running amok in Morganville. The vampires are hunting him and Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael are the meat in the sandwich.

This book has some good things going on, but there are a few things that really annoyed me. The epilogue in the form of diary entries from Eve is tedious. The protagonists spend most of their time whining, and it gets to be a bit much
Samantha
Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads)
This story was even more intense than Glass Houses. It was full of emotions throughout the whole book. Claire's decision at the book's end is heartbreaking, but so in character for her. This book was so much better than the last one. Not to disappointed as of yet, and I am not going on a rambling tyrant reveling any details as I did with Glass House. Sorry you will have to read and enjoy for yourself.
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
I love how action-packed these books are...they make for such quick reads!
Nikoleta
Πέρασε κ δεν ακούμπησε... δεν ηταν κακό... καπως αδιαφορο να το πω...
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I’m going to make this real short, so here are some thoughts.

The Dead Girls' Dance didn’t impress me much. I felt like the events that the story focused on weren’t so interesting, and this didn’t get me in the right mood. I didn’t think it was better than Glass Houses, and it wasn’t worse. Claire was better though. Eve and Michael were as good as ever. Shane. Meh. He bothered me many times, but in the end he was alight.

I got used to Rachel Caine’s cliffhangers so I was bracing myself for a big
Morning
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Cherie
This is the second book in the Morganville Vampire series and it picks up right where book one leaves off. By now, we've learned a bit more about all the inhabitants of the Glass House, where Claire is currently living off-campus while attending Texas Prarie University. Her roommates—Eve the Goth girl, sexy hunk Shane, and mysterious Michael—have been having to fight off the vampires that rule Morganville because situations beyond their control have really pissed some of them off. It certainly d ...more
Nic
Wow! I am now a Morganville Vampire Fan. I had read the first book in the series and really enjoyed it but this book was brilliant.

The writing is engaging and very witty. The plot was fast paced ensuring never a dull moment. It made me wonder how does Rachel Caine fit so much it to one little book.

The characters I love. Claire is such a strong heroine despite the town's craziness. I like the realtionship between Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael and how they look after one another. And how can you
Camila
Complete waste of my time.
I can't believe I wasted a second of my life in this series.
Sure, I liked Glass House even though I was ready to tear my hair out if I had to read one more fucking page of that book.
But here?
I couldn't even finish it.
Wanna know the reason why I read this?
The fucking cliffhanger.
Man, I hate those thing, they're pure evil.

Anyways, I kinda have to thank this book because I realized this series annoyed me to no end. I just wanted to skip to the end and get it over with.
Amber
The Dead Girls Dance picks up where Glass Houses left off. Shane's dad is on a mission to kill off the vampires due to the hatred he has toward them for killing his wife and daughter. He has mastermined a plan to kill each and everyone. Monica is up to her old shenanegans causing problems for Claire and Eve.

Amelie has placed protection on the Glass House four (Eve, Claire, Michael and Shane) but a death occurs and Shane and one of his father's biker friends is accused. Amelie has revoked her pr
Jaime
I like that this book picked up precisely where Glass Houses left off and kept to the fast pace. And even though she's often annoying because of it, I do like that 16 yr old small-town nerd Claire is written to be naive and sophomoric rather than implausibly sophisticated. The romantic aspect was also nicely done, as was the introduction of Sam. However, the villains were rather flat--perhaps to underscore that Claire is discovering that humans can be as bad as the vampires--so the sense of broo ...more
Arlene
The Dead Girls’ Dance is the second book of the Morganville Vampire series. When the story kicks off, it doesn’t waste any time picking right up where it left off and taking you on a turbo ride of adventure. The events keep happening one right after the other, and the story does not slow down to take a breath, which I loved. In this book, the cliffhanger from the previous novel is resolved rather quickly, and we learn about new challenges faced by the inhabitants of the Glass House.

I love how Ra
Fangs for the Fantasy
At the end of the last book, Glass House, Shane called in his father in a desperate attempt to save them from the wrath of Morganville's vampires. Of course, they managed to escape that wrath by earning the support and protection of Analee, the Founder of Morganville who had enough clout to keep them safe.

The problem is, Shane's father and his vampire slaying biker gang still arrived. And they're still looking for blood and they don't intend to leave without slaughtering as many vampires as poss
LegallyBarb
I have to reiterate how much I enjoy this author's youthful style of writing - when she writes what these young people are thinking/saying, it feels very authentic. In addition, they are funny! I often find myself chuckling at various wise cracks in this series! While it took a little while to figure out exactly where this series was going after the first book, the author did a good job of creating new drama without invalidating the first book and without feeling like she was over reaching or fo ...more
Abigail the Fangirl
This book was good, not great, but I enjoyed it. I love Shane and Claire's relationship and I love watching it progress throughout the books. I just am bothered by how much Claire gets hurt. It happens almost every page and that bothers me for some reason. She acts completely helpless. Nonetheless, I am excited for the next book!! This series is a lot of fun!!
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read this one because I really enjoyed the characters in the first one and just had to know what would happen with that ending.

This one gives more on the romantic front for the girls and it was nice to get some real clarity there because I was going back and forth, But I really enjoyed it and the romance went into some steamy territory that I really liked.

Claire continues to be a character I admire for her strength as a person, her determination for her education, as well as loy
Saiber
I bought two more books of this series - So I am going to read it. Because I like torturing myself like that.
It's not thaaaaaat bad, but it's bad. The plot is silly.

Claire is in love (It's true love mom.) and will sacrifice her life for 3 people she JUST MET. (Her room mates)
You will argue that maybe she is feeling all the teenage-y love and thinks that this the guy is her soul mate.

BUt she is supposed to be smart, like genius level smart (nothing in the book showed anything to support this
Barbara ★
Shane's father, Frank, the vampire killer, came to town and started some major shit. Shane is caught in the middle and arrested. When Frank abducts Monica Morrell, Claire's mortal enemy, a mexican standoff ensues. Claire, Eve and Michael join forces with the human cops to plot a rescue.

It's very exciting and action packed right from the first page. I really enjoyed this installment of the Morganville Vampires.
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This book pretty much picks up where the last left off - with Michael dead on the floor at the hands of Shane's father.

I think this book was actually worse than the first in the series. It may have been that it took me longer to read this one and I couldn't read it straight through, but I have to say that I got really bored towards the end.

I thought Claire did some darn stupid things, I think Eve did some stupid things too, and Michael's choice was certainly
Natalie
First Impressions: the second installment in the Morganville Vampires series is better than the first. While I enjoyed Glass Houses, it was very much a first-in-a-series book, meaning that a lot of time was spent on introducing characters and creating background and setting. In The Dead Girls' Dance, the plot took a more dramatic turn, and there was a lot more action, making the book hard to put down at times!

In my review of Glass Houses, I mentioned that the characterization was lacking a bit.
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

“Want to play baseball?’” she asked. Shane’s eyes opened, and he stopped stroking her hair. “What?’” “First base,’” she said. “You’re already there.’” “I’m not running the bases.’” “Well, you could at least steal second.’” “Jeez, Claire. I used to distract myself with sports stats at times like these, but now you’ve gone and ruined it.” 730 likes
“Boys. I'd turn gay if they weren't so sexy. ” 616 likes