Start by marking “Die Hexen Der Finsternis” as Want to Read:
Die Hexen Der Finsternis

Die Hexen Der Finsternis (Night Witches #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  435 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Follow young Abby and Spike on their thrilling adventures through the fantastical world of THE WITCH TRADE. The evil Night Witches have invented a powerful new weapon and are threatening to take over the world -- and only Abby and Spike can stop them! Joined by Captain Starlight (aka the Ancient Mariner), Abby and Spike must travel through perlious seas and wild lands to r ...more
332 pages
Published 2010 by Carlsen (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Die Hexen Der Finsternis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Hexen Der Finsternis

Rainbowpower
“A Book Review of: The Witch Trade”
Book: The Witch Trade Author: Michael Molloy
Did you know that there is more than one type of witch? Well, read this to find out more. First, Abby was waiting for her aunt to bring to a boat tour. All the kids of Speller were going. Next, a mysterious bird caught her eye and she followed it. She missed the tour and went back home. Earlier, her uncle found a strange boy on the shore who was unconscious. He became part of their family. They named him Spike and
Hannah
I was given the opportunity to choose a new children's book for our local library when I was younger. I picked "The Witch Trade" and got to read it first, and boy, am I glad I chose it!

It has everything a kid loves in a story: magic, young and adventurous characters that they can connect with, a battle between good or evil. I loved the idea of trading ice dust and preventing the Night Witches from building their weapon, and so on. Abby and Spike were great main characters to follow, too; energet
Melissa Gabelman
The introductory chapter was like a study in ADD. The story itself then begins to build up, telling itself in dialog but sacrificing all else. There are no emotions, no connection with the characters. They go along with the plot without question, because that's what serves the plot. Ludicrous back stories and dangerous situations are simply accepted at face value. About halfway through the book I realized that the simplistic language may actually lend itself very well to being read aloud to youn ...more
Faedyl
Entrada en el diario 16 de Faedyl desde City Bell, Buenos Aires Province Argentina en lunes, 18 de febrero de 2008
4 de 10

Terminado!
Me parece bueno para una lectura rápida, entretiene un poco. Creo que es un texto más para chicos ávidos de aventura desde los 7 y hasta los 12 y por ahí nomás. He leído otros textos similares y los encontré mucho mejor relatados con un hilo narrativo más constante.

Como comentaron arriba, la historia por momentos ronda lo iverosímil... conflictos donde las soluciones
Brina
Abby Clover lebt zusammen mit ihrer Tante Lucy, ihrem Onkel Ben und ihrem besten Freund Spike in Speller, einer kleinen Küstenstadt in England. Vorher lebte Abby zusammen mit ihren Eltern in einem Leuchtturm, jedoch sind Abbys Eltern seit einer Expidition nicht mehr aufgetaucht.

Doch die kleine Stadt scheint kein normaler Ort zu sein, denn die Stadt ist weder auf Karten eingezeichnet, noch gibt es außer Abby und Spike keine Kinder. Diese sind angeblich auf hoher See verunglückt.

Durch Zufall lerne
Nina
The story has its ups and downs, but it doesn't have a big influence on the adventure itself. And if you’d fear getting seasick, simply jump aboard of the Atlantis (Boat) – it’ll take you straight to the depths and there are no waves ;) Buckle up! We’re travelling at full speed towards the Land of Mordoc and prepare to battle side by side. We’ll defeat the Night Witches, but watch out for Wolfbane!
Ellie
Jun 26, 2014 Ellie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9-12 year olds
It's definitely aimed at much younger readers so I didn't find the plot particularly riveting (in fact, nothing in it was the least bit surprising)

However, that's my own fault for being older than the target audience.

I read the second book when I was about 10. When I realised it was part of a series, I tried to find the first one. Somehow though I never did read it until now...

It's charming and unassuming with likeable characters.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone older than about 13 or 14 but I
Ayesha
"The Witch Trade" is an awesome read for both kids and older readers who'd just enjoy a bit of fun and adventure.
Lesli
This is an interesting fantasy children's (young adult?) book. A problem it has is that the author seemed to be continually making up or redefining the magical boundaries of the world, so that there was no set magic and it was always changing with new things made up for what he wanted the characters to do. Also, he seemed to be making up the plot as he went along, which is not always a bad thing, but in this case it made it a little sloppy and confusing. However, the book was exciting and fun, c ...more
Chiara
Essendo un libro per bambini e avendolo letto alla veneranda età di 21 anni, non posso dire che mi sia piaciuto.
Se avessi avuto otto anni, non sarebbe stato male.
L'ho comprato solo perché avevo i due volumi successivi e non mi piacciono le saghe lasciate a metà .
Uyuki
Un gran libro para niños... no estoy segura que en realidad sea tan emocionante para adultos, la historia me pareció bastante sencilla, un poco extraña, pero normal.
Lo leí hace mucho ya y recuerdo que me gustó, pero también estaba chica, así que pudo ser por eso.
Brian O flynn
Dec 17, 2007 Brian O flynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6-10
It's been years since I read this book but I remember it as being enjoyable! I used to be obsessed and read it many times. It isn't very realistic, it's namely fantasy and in my opinion it is quite childish so I would recommmend it to the lower age group!
Jessica ~The book lover~
I did quite enjoy this book, though it was quite childish in some part, but I guess that is to be expected because the book is aimed at children.

If you've got a bit of time and you're into books like this then it's a good read.
Kayla
Nov 27, 2008 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes semi-believable books
Shelves: my-favorites
This book was one of my all-time favorites. I read it a long time ago, so I can't remeber what the moral or theme of the story was , but I remember that I loved it. I'll read it again sometime and add more to this review.
Natalia Jimena
Como buena historia infantil, tuvo un bonito final, pero también como toda historia infantil siempre hay una continuación, en este caso El Chacal ha escapado...ahora a seguir con el siguiente libro!!
Aldy Martinez
Uno de mis preferidos cuando era chica.
Si bien no era de leer mucho, este libro nunca me cansaba de leerlo e imaginar que estaba en ese mundo. Me encariñé mucho con los personajes y sus aventuras.
Katherine
One of my all time favorites, i love the adventures and magical theme as although i first read almost 5 years ago it still captivates me now.
Nathan
This is a wonderfull book about good vs. evil. A lot like Harry Potter when it comes to magic. The author is realy good!
Rhea
Man i don't remember what happened in this book but it was good, though i thought the end was funny somehow....
Rebekah
This book was a huge part of my childhood. Checked it out every time I went to the library for years on end.
Ginger
This is a story of light witches vs dark witches and I listened to it when it was featured on bbc7 radio.

Miquela
An OK read. Everything was a bit too pat. Probably would have enjoyed it when I was of an age to be read to.
Veronica Hester
It was pretty good. For anyone who likes magic and sailing all over the place.
Mandy
I love kids books.
  • A Wizard Named Nell (The Keepers, #1)
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Shalott
  • The Truth About Verity Sparks
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • Dawn Undercover
  • Avielle Of Rhia
  • Tamlyn (Silvermay, #2)
  • Jinx On The Divide (The Divide, #3)
  • Night Gate (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • Island of the Aunts
  • Ringmaster (Darcie Lock, #1)
  • French Kissmas
  • Harriet's Hare
  • Runestone (Viking Magic, #1)
  • Thorn Ogres Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #1)
  • Beswitched
As a counterpart to his career as a writer of children's books, Michael Molloy is a regular contributor to the Guardian newspaper. He lives in London, England, with his wife, Sandy, their three daughters, Jane, Kate, and Alexandra, and their two dogs, Fred and Daisy.
More about Michael Molloy...
The House on Falling Star Hill The Time Witches Wild West Witches Experiencing the World's Religions: Tradition, Challenge, and Change Peter Raven Under Fire