Compelling Evidence for God and the Bible: Finding Truth in an Age of Doubt

Compelling Evidence for God and the Bible: Finding Truth in an Age of Doubt

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In an age of doubt, it's rare to find Christians who can speak clearly and boldly about the reasons for their faith. Douglas Jacoby is one of those rare Christians. As an international teacher for over 25 years, he has shared the vital truths found in Why Believe in God? with thousands of people in all walks of life and in dozens of cultures.

Jacoby's book is an easy-to-rea...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

Theresa
I'm only in the first half of the book still, but I find it very insightful and useful to reinforcing my faith. Doug is very thorough in his explanations and evidence for believing in God and how atheism is illogical and doesn't stand soundly. So far, so good :)
Tabbey
Helpful in addressing and dismissing common misconceptions of God and Christianity. I would've appreciated a slightly less-biased tone, or deeper exploration and development of certain arguments and dismissals.
Jilleen
Personally I find "More Than A Carpenter" more readable.. some of the things that Douglas mentions isn't as easy to comprehend .. and some of his logic I actually disagree. :|

Luke Radl
A good opportunity to flex some critical thinking muscles, but really no knew or challenging information here. Certainly not "compelling."
Maria Fernanda
Maria Fernanda marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Alejandro
Alejandro marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Jared Schuh
Jared Schuh marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Laura Rocco
Laura Rocco is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Kgopolo Ntseane
Kgopolo Ntseane marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Booster Phillie
Booster Phillie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Jc Smith
Jc Smith marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Kristen Fonteno
Kristen Fonteno marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Sheri Silver
Sheri Silver marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Ryan
Ryan added it
Feb 17, 2013
Kara
Kara added it
Jun 28, 2014
Gina
Gina is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2012
True and Reasonable The Spirit: The work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of disciples Genesis, Science & History: A Faith-Building Look at the Opening Chapters of Genesis Shining Like Stars (An Evangelism Handbook) Life to the Full: The Practical and Powerful Writings of James, Peter, John and Jude