Start by marking “Undertow (Cutter Cay #1)” as Want to Read:
Undertow (Cutter Cay #1)

Undertow (Cutter Cay #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,983 ratings  ·  161 reviews
SHE TAKES THE PLUNGE.

Teal Williams is content with her career as a ship’s master mechanic—until Zane Cutter, the “Casanova of the Caribbean,” makes her an offer she can’t refuse: to climb on board with him for a real-life treasure hunt.Teal must help him dredge up a shipwrecked vessel containing an abundance of gold, silver, and emeralds—and she’ll claim part of the prize.
Mass Market Paperback, 337 pages
Published December 28th 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Undertow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undertow

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
114th out of 1,273 books — 1,676 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
431st out of 1,237 books — 6,941 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Jan 10, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romance with a good amount of adventure on the side
Love, adventure, and danger on the high seas...

Fans of sexy romance with some high caliber adventure and nail biting danger, hold onto your hats! Cherry Adair's first book in her exciting new Cutter Cay trilogy, sure packs a whollop!

Cutter Cay is a small island in the Caribbean owned by the three dark and dangerously sexy Cutter brothers (Logan, Nick, and Zane) . The three own a lucrative ship salvaging/treasure hunting business where they dive for treasures aboard shipwrecked vessels. Undertow
MelissaB
*** 3 1/2 stars ***

Undertow was a decent suspense book that was a little too rough in spots. The first half of the book was all about the dive to find the shipwreck and the hero trying to get through the very prickly heroine's defenses. The heroine was a tad annoying with all her issues and lack of self esteem, though I did feel bad about how crappy her life was when she was younger. She judged the hero constantly about his supposed womanizing ways, which didn't really seem accurate and made her
Shawna
3 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense

I was a bit underwhelmed with this one. I liked the lush, tropical Caribbean setting and treasure hunting and loved sexy, sweet, flirtatious, happy-go-lucky hero Zane, but heroine Teal made me wanna smack her upside her self-pitying, bitter head. It seemed to take a while for the action and romance to pick up steam, but I found it much more enjoyable once it finally did. So overall it's a mildly entertaining, albeit unremarkable, romantic suspense read.
Kathleen
What a FANTATIC BOOK, I loved it!!!! Thanks Auntee, I'd have missed this one if not for you.

This book grabbed me right from the start. Some reviews did not care for the heroine Teal, not true for me, I loved her. She had some issues but I understood all of them and thought Cherry did a wonderful job with her character. She was spunky, witty, smart and stubborn to boot.

Zane was totally YUMMY all the way around. I found myself constantly going to Cherry's web site to take a look at the video just
Jacqueline
I liked the emotions of the hero and the heroine. Plotwise however it was all over the place. The first half was diving for treasure. Someone stealing treasure from under their noses. A couple of awkward redherrings. Solved it halfway through then suddenly there is a plane with a stolen microchip absolutely vital to national security that crashes right on top of the wreck they are salvaging. Coincidence anyone? Bunch more bad guys to beat. This should have been a totally different book. It seeme ...more
Karla
Wow!! Love me a man named Zane Cutter.
I really enjoyed this book and blew right through it. A fantastic setting, adventurous story line and terrific H and h. I didn’t particularly care for Zane at first, but that changed rather quickly. He had the reputation of a playboy, but he was so sweet and kind. Teal came into the picture burdened with issues and not so nice opinion of Zane, but he was out to prove her wrong. Even though she was bitter, he was patient, charming and very protective of her.
Jae
I loved the love-hate banter between Zane and Teal. They were hilarious. The treasure hunt expedition was exciting enough but when the secret alphachip stuff got thrown in into the mix, I just lost interest completely. Too much going on I'd say. And I was just skimming through the last 30% of the book.
I hope the next Cutter Cay book would be about the Red Head lady who totally intrigued me.
Lisa Kay
★★★★☆ Some of my GRs friends didn't like this one as much as I did; I really enjoyed it. However, I was in the mood for a good treasure-hunt (though I would have like a little bit more of that at the end). I'll definitely continue the series.
This was my first read by Cherry Adair and I am officially hooked. This was a thrilling read full of suspense, action, adventure, and steamy romance.
Ah, Zane. Mmm, mmm, mmmm; delicious. LOVED his character. I am such a sucker for a guy with an earring!! And, the fact that he was gorgeous, friendly, ripped, captain of his own ship, etc, etc, only added to the overall delicious package of Zane. From the first mention of him in this book, he claimed my attention and I couldn't get enough. LOVED HIM
Lynsey A
At last Cherry Adair has returned to what she does best which is contemporary romantic suspense, minus the paranormal elements. This was a refreshing change from her more recent paranormal releases. They just could not hold my interest. Although this book slowed down for me at one point I still enjoyed it immensley. At times I even saw a bit of myself in Teal, like when she wanted to go over to each boat and start basically getting everybody to give back what they stole.

A fun read and I am grea
~Megan~
Ok, I was loving this book right up until the ludicrous Alphachip/terrorist plot came out of nowhere at the end. The first 3/4 of the book was just an awesome love story between an overconfident hottie and a woman who'd been through some serious emotional abuse. Just the kind of story I like. All of a sudden, Adair goes wait a minute, this is supposed to be romantic suspense, and things go wonky. Our hero and heroine were pretty much together by the time this plot comes around, so it didn't real ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: “I know I scare you.” His breath tickled her cheek as he whispered softly into her ear. “But, know what, Williams? You scare me a little bit, too.”

Zane Cutter is charming, witty, sexy, and great at his job treasure hunting shipwrecks in the Caribbean ocean – and he knows it. Maybe a little cocky, but also very friendly and warm to everyone he meets. So when he meets his new master marine mechanic, Teal Williams, he has a challenge. Teal is stubborn, in her oversized clothing with
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was a good intro to a must read author, because I know this one is definitely not the best one out there. I rarely give a one or two star rating, because there are so many crap books out there that deserve it, but I'm warned ahead of time, so I avoid them.

Reasons for my rating:

1~ The story itself had a great plot. It had high potential. I was caught in it for the first 3 chapters, but it needed more description of characters.

2~ It started out great, but it was ALL OVER the place. It was li
Jess
I love, love, love humor in all stories, and Zane and Teal bring it in this book. They're lovable characters on their own, but the back and forth banter between them, mixed in with some sweet, emotional scenes were fantastic to read. Hooked on the series and want book #2, now!
Jessica
I absolutely loved the beginning, watching Zane and Teal's verbal sparring and getting to know more about them: the prickly, damaged Teal and charmingly obnoxious Zane. The backstory elements started getting a little repetitive towards the middle, but I was still enjoying watching them unlearn/relearn each other.

Then, when the angst was about to reach its peak and it looked like Zane and Teal were about to start talking about/working through some of their issues a whole new storyline was added,
jenjn79
I hadn't planned to read this book - thought it was part of Adair's other series that I'm not sure I'll read yet - so I passed it up. But when I saw the reviews of my GR friends, I decided to give it a go. And it was pretty much worth it, though I expected more.

Series Note:
First book in Adair's new "Cutter Cay" series. There is a small tie-in to her "T-Flac" series, but you don't have to read that one first.

Summary:
The Cutter brothers own a diving salvage company that is centered on a private is
Book Him Danno
Well I have read this author in the past and found her books a bit high on the SMUT rating, but I was dropping stuff off for the Relay For Life rummage sale and decided to look through the books. I found a few that looked interesting and I read the back of this one before I noticed the author’s name. I enjoy romance/thrillers/suspense filled books. This one was not disappointing at all. The first kiss wasn’t even until page 100 or so. Very tame compared to some of the others she has written.

A tr
Nikki Brandyberry
Zane and Teal are my current favorite couple. I absolutely loved this book. The interactions not only between the main characters but the secondary characters left me wanting more more more!

Zane is a playboy, though his reputation has been slightly embellished. He’s charming, good-looking and successful, the trifecta of perfectness. He thrives on the thrill of the hunt for shipwrecks and the treasure their sunken remains may contain. Along with his two brothers, Zane Cutter is known for his amaz
Melanie
Really enjoyed this book:-) Loved the treasure hunting theme.. The only thing I was disappointed about were the diving details... Now, I'm no expert, but I do have my Rescue Diver's certification, and if I recall correctly, you should never do more than three dives in a 24 hr period because of the nitrogen build-up in your bloodstream.. Maybe experienced divers can do more than three (as I said, I only know what I learned), but I doubt they could do hour-long dives every 90 minutes...

Lol.. Other
Jessica
A Review of Undertow by Cherry Adair

Rating: Four Stars

Genre: Romance/Romantic Suspense

Date Published: 2010

Series: Cutter Cay

Undertow is a romantic suspense novel by Cherry Adair (okay, that cannot possibly be her real name). It is the first book of the Cutter Cay series. This is also the first book I have read of this particular author. I was looking for another romance author to add to my collection, and I think I will end up purchasing more of Adair's books.

This story follows a very standard r
Debbie
Even though I did enjoy this book, it just wasn't as good as most of the others I've read by this author. There was just too much narrative description on the hero and heroine's occupations than interraction between the hero and heroine. I did like it enough however, to want to read the next one.
SheLove2Read
This was an exciting, fast paced adventure set in the Caribbean. Adair did a great job making you feel as if you were right there in the middle of the story. Except for a few niggling little story-points, this was a great read. Should be a series to follow for sure.
Jan
Oh where do I start, once again Cherry has has taken me on this wonderful ride of excitement, danger, a treasure hunt with Zane Cutter and his reluctant mechanic Teal Williams. Teal is sassy, tough and hurting. Zane is fun, friendly and easy to get along with and quite the ladies man. Teal, he thinks, is perfect to take on his crew because he feels nothing, no attraction to her at all and vice-versa. Perfect so won't be distracted. Ha! Teal is not happy when she finds out she has to go on his sa ...more
Cindi
Cherry Adair use to be one of my fav authors, but her most recent books have not been more than 3 stars for me. Although "Undertow" is the beginning of a new series and has nothing to do with T-FLAC (normal or paranormal), I have some trepidation about this one as well.

First let me say, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the concept: The 3 Cutter brothers run an oceanographic salvage company. The boys are tall, dark and blue-eyed handsome. They are based at Cutter Cay, an island their womanizer dad bought after h
Judi
ReviewsByMolly
Aug 24, 2011 ReviewsByMolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: Cherry Adair
Holy cow! Cherry Adair has just become my all time favorite female romantic suspense author. She is phenomenally talented and knows what her readers will want! I have never read a Cherry Adair novel, but had heard lots of great stuff about her, so I decided to give her books a try. WOW! I was SO pleased with what I read!

Undertow is fantastic. And, luckily, it's the first in a series called Cutter Cay, and I got to start it off right. Teal Williams and Zane Cutter. Wow. Now THERE are two characte
Paranormal Suspense
Storyline: Zane is known as a playboy though his reputation has been exaggerated. He's good-looking, charming and successful (everyone loves him) a perfect example of perfectness. He gets his kicks by finding amazing shipwrecks and their sunken treasures. Along with his two brothers he's known for his amazing finds.

His current find is the Vrijheid which is the motherload of sunken finds. He needs an experience diving team along with a flawless mechanic to take care of his junk heap of a boat and
Jenn Scranton
Eh... You know, for how much action there was in Undertow, it was really boring. I was pretty hyped to read a Cherry Adair because I heard so much about her and her style, but I must say I feel a little disappointed.

There was a lot of friction and chemistry between Teal and Zane. Throughout the book they were facing trouble and pirates and sexual tension. But really only sexual tension in their heads. You just wanted to scream to kiss already! Their relationship DRAGGED! Teal tended to be reall
Alison
Romance set aboard a salvage boat in the Caribbean. Teal spent two weeks a year with her father on an exclusive island, Cutter Cay, owned by her father's best friend and father to the three boys Zane, Nick and Logan.

Cherry really threw the kitchen sink at this one. We have, in no particular order, modern pirates stealing treasure, an abusive ex-husband, a dying father, a cheating husband, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a stolen chip, a gambler ... Enough already.

Teal has been in love with Zane sin
Dorothea Müller
Mit Gefahr kennt er sich aus: Zane Cutter taucht in der Karibik nach Wracks. Der kleinste Fehler kann tödlich sein, und deshalb ist in seinem Team nur für die Besten Platz. Was bedeutet, dass er für das nächste Projekt unbedingt die junge Schiffsmechanikerin Teal Williams an Bord haben will. Dass sie offensichtlich etwas gegen ihn hat, ist egal. Hauptsache, sie macht ihren Job gut ? Doch kaum stechen sie in See, reißt Zane und Teal ein Sog der Leidenschaft mit. Eine erotische Affäre beginnt, die ...more
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops, #7)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • Give Him the Slip (Callahan Brothers, #1)
  • Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1)
  • Naked Truth
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair...
Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6) Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1) Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3) In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)

“Your mouth is the best thing that ever happened to my mouth. -Zane Cutter” 20 likes
“You took a quarter century off my age with that kidnapping stunt. No more going off with a strange men, hear me?

-"You're a strange man."