Start by marking “And The Angels Were Silent” as Want to Read:
And The Angels Were Silent

And The Angels Were Silent

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  1,166 ratings  ·  48 reviews
In And the Angels Were Silent, one of Max Lucado's most insightful and moving audiobooks ever, he'll lead you from Friday's defeat to Sunday's victory. Like never before, believers and seekers alike will see Christ's passion, sense His power, and hear His promise.
Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc. (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about And The Angels Were Silent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And The Angels Were Silent

Sonia
I am really enjoying this book, especially during the week as Easter approaches. Max Lucado has a very sincere, engaging, non-preachy style of writing that I have always enjoyed. I have read many of his children's stories to my own children and we enjoy them immensely. Although his religious affiliation is Church of Christ and I am a Latter-Day Saint,aka Mormon, our core beliefs line up rather nicely. He always gives me a fresh perspective to look at and throws in some interesting anecdotes such ...more
Dale
This was the book my sister read at the age of 21, the week before she was killed by a drunk driver. This book changed her life....because she gave her life to God that week! Thank You Max Lucado!
Edwina Hall Callan
This book gave me the blessing of understanding 3 things that I've never understood before.
I am so thankful for that!
I highly recommend this book to any Christian out there who, like me, believe the Bible and accept it as truth but every once in a while think ... yeah, ok, but Why ... Why did He say that and what exactly did He mean.
I can not wait to share this book with a bunch of my friends!
Vicky
Really enjoyed this walk through what Jesus did his last week.
Amber
Lucado is definitely my go-to man when I want to spend some creative, reflective time with the Bible. I've always enjoyed the way he spins together Biblical stories and personal or reiterated anecdotes, and pairs them with questions that evoke the reader's own stories. I originally got this book three or four Easters ago, and on this re-read after this Easter was again struck by just how poignant the reflections are- I still came to tears several times. Which is not to say I always see eye-to-ey ...more
Crystal
Breathtaking!
It is different than I expected considering the title.
What it's about, using the author's words: "'So what should I do with Jesus?' Pilate asked first, but we've all asked it since.
Small wonder Pilate was puzzled. How do you explain such a man?
One way is to take a walk. His walk. His final walk.
From Jericho to Jerusalem. From the temple to the garden. From the garden to the trial. From Pilate's palace to the cross. We have watched Him walk - angrily into the temple, wearily into
Edna
The author has a friendly and sensible narrative writing style.
The chapters are easy to understand and can be a helpful tool in understanding a different point of view my others.
I am reminded of my earlier reading of this book, and I am renewed by the small details he continues in his writing.
I think this is an appropriate book for this season of spring.
I think of my books as true friends, but I do not want to forget them.
Barbara Duff perez
This book captivated my attention from the first page. I read it while walking, stayed up late and awoke early to dive back in. My walk with Christ is still in its early stages and I see how far I have come already and long for the days to come. This is the first book I read by Max Lucado and I will surely read more. I've already purchased a few and can't wait to read them. I have ready many Christian books, but not one time have the words seemed as though they were written for me and jumped off ...more
Margaret Roberts

Follow the steps Jesus takes in His final week, leading to the Cross.
Lucado reminds us of what Jesus has said, what He has done and what He will do. Overall, this book is impactful.
Dj Wells
Jul 24, 2012 Dj Wells rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ron Mitchell, Broderick Jayroe
A walk through the last week of Jesus life on earth...from riding into Jerusalem on a donkey and the crowds lauding Him, to the overturning of the temple money changer's tables, to the betrayal of one of His closest friends, and the garden and trial. Containing the works that occured during the week...the cursing of the fig tree. The pressure Christ must have felt as he neared the end and finally on the cross, the angels were silent...and He could have called on them to save Him.
John
Max Lucado walks you through Christ's last week on earth. Flavored with stories from Lucado's life, the star of the show is Christ as He takes the final journey into Jerusalem and to the cross to redeem mankind. Even though it is more of the type of book that would be VERY meaningful during LENT, there is something to be said about reading a LENTEN story as one truly realizes why Christmas and Advent are important.
Allen Lim
Hmmm... I bought this years ago and decided to reread it... quite honestly I didn't remember a single bit of what I read before. Anyway, I didn't find this partcularly good... there were some good stories, but in general most of them tended a bit to sentimentality, and felt a bit draggy (which is bad consideringeach chapter was 5-6 pages)... So yeah 3/5 stars... not great, not bad, so-so.
Emily
Apr 01, 2008 Emily rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: seekers
Recommended to Emily by: kee p.
i like max lucado in person more than in print, although this book did have its points of poignancy and insight when discussing the last week before jesus went to the cross. apparently his literary device of choice is the allusion/anedote, and he sometimes tells so many stories, you wonder how exactly they're related back to the central message of the book... but all in all, interesting.
Fernanda La Salye
Com muita sensibilidade, este livro vai ajudá-lo a entender os últimos dias de Cristo na Terra. Você vai perceber como aquela semana foi especial em cada palavra, gesto e evento. Jesus caminhava firme para o seu principal objetivo: a morte. Uma vida singular. Uma morte sem igual. Um propósito eterno.
This was a good book to read during Lent: it chronicled the last week of Jesus, asking the question "What does a person do in their last days, knowing those are the last days?" Very easy, very quick to read, and it made me think a lot about what Jesus did those days, and what it matters to me now.
Leslie
Oct 03, 2011 Leslie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leslie by: Ms Bobbie at Bookbarn in Baytown
Shelves: spiritual
So this is sort of like an expanded version of the one I read yesterday. I'm so tired, the title escapes me. They are different enough to justify reading both. Very beautifully written examination of the last week of Christ.
Melissa
Made me think about the last week of Christ in a different way. Some of the details I had never considered before. Really glad I read it and would like to own it and refer to it at times.
Jana
Apr 01, 2010 Jana is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
As we approach Easter, the celebration of Christ's resurrection - I thought I would read about the final week of Jesus life here on earth. I'll let you know ...
Terry Morgan
Max once again outdid himself. Love this man's writing. He has such a artistic way of writing, as if he is painting pictures with his words.
Jessi
Jan 17, 2009 Jessi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've decided this would be my Christmas week read, if I find a moment to read. I will make time as a reminder of the Reason for the Season!
Shelli
The Final Week of Jesus...Wow. Once again Max delivers on perspective, life-application, and the heart-felt teachings of Jesus.
Roy
Excellent Read, especially during the Easter Season of Lent ; it speaks of the last week of Jesus before His Crucifixion
Beth
I read this with my church group. It's a great book to do with a group as there are discussion questions with each chapter.
Kristina
This is my first book by Max Lucado that I have read and I loved it. It was a quick read and easy to understand.
Covenant Presbyterian Springfield Ohio
Call Number: 232 LUC (LP)

Donated by Jack and Pat DILTZ in memory of Cecil MARTIN in 1995.

Checked Out.
Sam Lonberg
Outstanding book. I love Lucado's writing. So emotional and really explores the Gospels with a human touch.
Daniel
Feb 23, 2008 Daniel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A book that reminded me of Jesus, and how he's in the every day just as powerfully as the unique days.
Thomas Kinsfather
Another excellent book by Max. Consistent in quality with the rest of his works.
Michaelbatte
very enlightening and uplifting - goes in depth into Jesus' last week on earth
  • Improving Your Serve: The Art of Unselfish Living
  • I Was Just Wondering
  • The Body
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • Roaring Lambs: A Gentle Plan to Radically Change Your World
  • The Bible Promise Book - KJV
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light with Study Guide
  • The Fight
  • Decision Making and the Will of God: A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View
  • Do You Think I'm Beautiful?
  • The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • Love Not the World
  • The Root of the Righteous
  • The Case for Easter: A Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection
  • Our Sufficiency in Christ
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition, ...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear