Start by marking “Como Ganar Amigos E Influir Sobre Las Personas” as Want to Read:
Como Ganar Amigos E Influir Sobre Las Personas

Como Ganar Amigos E Influir Sobre Las Personas

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  247,644 Ratings  ·  6,256 Reviews
This grandfather of all people-skills books was first published in 1937. It was an overnight hit, eventually selling 15 million copies. How to Win Friends and Influence People is just as useful today as it was when it was first published, because Dale Carnegie had an understanding of human nature that will never be outdated. Financial success, Carnegie believed, is due 15 ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Debolsillo (first published 1936)

To ask other readers questions about Como Ganar Amigos E Influir Sobre Las Personas, please sign up.

Dave DeCastris Don't waste time cooking a homemade pizza when it's cheaper to buy a few. Invite a few friends over for pizza and beer. Hide my wife (and their wives…moreDon't waste time cooking a homemade pizza when it's cheaper to buy a few. Invite a few friends over for pizza and beer. Hide my wife (and their wives or girlfriends if any) in the bedroom. (The dog can hang out if she wants. She has no opinion and likes pizza, too.) After a few beers (of which I'll only nurse one or two to maintain my composure before telling my friends what I really think of them) and pizza, proceed to turning off the TV (if it's on). Put on an annoying record to get their full attention, like Hanson's "Snowed In." When they begin mocking me and demand that I change the record, start with the farthest friend and hand them the truth. Expose their flaws, help them to empathize with the human condition to accept their honest mistakes. End the summit with a self-analysis to insure balance in the room. Cry like a baby, admit suicidal thoughts and how often I've pondered disappearing to the coast of Maine or Washington, east or west, maybe Alaska. The world is round, remind them often how unhappy you are with their friendships and choices in music, women and health etiquette. Instruct them to take a bath, use soap before coming over to eat pizza next time. If there is a next time.

That's how I would make my friends love me.

Ahahahahahahhaahaha–INTURDNET.(less)
Djaja Tjipto just listen to their problems, dont try to judge, criticize and yet give them more appreciation about their positive attitude or behavior.

Brent
Feb 08, 2009 Brent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
This is an incredible book. I've heard people mention it for years and years and thought the idea of it was so stupid. The way some people talked about it made it seem like it was a book for scoundrels or for socially awkward people. I didn't want to be either, so I didn't want to read it. Finally, a great friend of mine recommended it to me and I started reading it. This is a book for people. It's not about being evil or admitting you're nerdy; it's about how to get along with people. Anyone wh ...more
Caroline
Apr 02, 2010 Caroline rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had a profound effect on me, however, of the negative variety. It did give me pointers on how to actually break out of my shell and "win friends" but in the long term, it did way more harm than good. Not the book per se, but my choice to follow the advice given there. The book basically tells you to be agreeable to everybody, find something to honestly like about them and compliment them on it, talk about their interests only and, practically, act like a people pleaser all the time.

It
Ivan
Sep 27, 2007 Ivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people
Three things about this book surprised me and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

One - it seemed pretty much timeless. Not much anachronism here, because language still serves the same purposes as ever, and people still want basically the same things they've always wanted. I liked the examples taken from Abe Lincoln, etc.

Two - the techniques described in the book aren't duplicitous. We all try to do what the title says, just like everyone else, whether we're admitting it to ourselves
Conrad
Apr 24, 2007 Conrad rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dale, saying people's names often when you're talking to them, Dale, doesn't make you popular, Dale, it makes you sound like a patronizing creep.

This book is probably really handy when you're trying to befriend kindergarteners, not as much adults. It's also aimed at salespeople and not regular humans.
Ahmad  Ebaid
:قبل أن تشرع في قراءة الكتاب, هناك ملاحظات أحبذ اعتبارها في حساباتك

1- السلوكيات والنصائح الواردة لا يعتمد عليها بالكلية للحصول على أصدقاء من أقرانك, فلكي يقبلك أحدهم كصديق في علاقة طويلة المدى يجب أن تكون شخصاً ذا ثقل, ويحمل مميزات مادية مفيدة تجعله يحتاجك دائماً, وإذا فقدت هذه الميزات فستنطفئ علاقته بك تدريجياً حتى وإن لم يكن يقصد هو ذلك؛ لذا فالعمل على تنمية مهاراتك هو حجر الأساس.

2- يجب أن تبدو السلوكيات التي تنفذها بمظهر السلوكيات المخلصة, فالناس لا يحبون الرياء والمداهنة؛ فذلك يظهرك غالباً
A.
Oct 02, 2008 A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's considered corny to read books like this, but that kind of cynicism is ultimately limiting and counterproductive. My dad forced me to read this book and it was one of the main things that pushed me out of my shyness and made me an amicable person.
Paul Rhodes
Jul 10, 2014 Paul Rhodes rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Utter dreck! Anyone who thinks this book offers important wise advice on friendship is an idiot.

Dale Carnegie was nothing but a huckstering sophist, and a very repulsive one at that. For those of you who may not know, Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People is a handbook on how to exploit friendship for the sake of financial and political gain. Now fans of this book (why such people are allowed to read, much less vote, I do not know) will say this book helped them overcome their shyne
Samira
Aug 30, 2010 Samira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
هذا الكتاب هو مجموعة من الفصول اختيرت من أفضل كتابين لـ ديل كارنيجي. هما "دع القلق و ابدأ الحياة" و "كيف تكسب الأصدقاء و تؤثر في الناس".

يعد الكتاب من أفضل ما قرأته من كتب تطوير الذات حيث يحتوي على العديد من الأمثلة و القصص لغرض التوضيح.

يلخص الكتاب النقاط المهمة في الخاتمة بإيجاز و هي كما يلي:

- "قواعد من كتاب: دع القلق و ابدأ الحياة:
1- لا تقلد الآخرين و كن نفسك.
2- طبق عادات العمل الأربع الجيدة:
- نظف مكتبك من جميع الاوراق, باستثناء تلك التي لها علاقة بالموضوع الذي تعالجة.
- افعل الأشياء طبقاً ل
Navin
Oct 02, 2013 Navin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
This is a sad book. A book that aims to turn us into manipulating individuals who would want to achieve their means through flattery and other verbal-mental tricks. Even technically, it seems to me that the ploys' in this book would never really work.

Here is a quote from the book -

And what does the book do? It tries, or at least pretends to turn you into a someone who would flatter everything that moves – so
Viraj
Jun 29, 2008 Viraj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who is even slightly motivated and wants more in and from life...
Recommended to Viraj by: Dr. Gadgil
Shelves: self-help
Overall:
A well written book with a lot of examples, including many of good folks from the history and many without any citation, but none-the-less seem real. The examples are written so that the message goes across well. Repetition is avoided. The stuff mentioned is pretty obvious and simple, but important and often ignored. Worth reading multiple times as the preface recommends.

TEXT DELETED

105 SIX WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
PRINCIPLE 1: Become genuinely interested in other people.
PRINCIPLE
Catherine
Nov 16, 2007 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone and their dog
Shelves: instructional
This book is a guide to life. I think several people should be required to read this book at least once. Teachers, emotional teenagers, employers, employees, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, friends, neighbors, politicians etc...

I truly found this book oddly entertaining. Although it is a self-improvement type book, I couldn't put it down. Through the examples of many famous and successful people throughout history, this book teaches us how to work with others and be nice. I sincerely believe
James
Mar 15, 2009 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why did I read this book?

We’ve all heard of it. But none of us have ever really read it.

And I know why. It was originally published in 1936. How can it possibly be relevant in 2009?

Plus these types of advice, self-help, new-agey textbooks reek of banal, trite, clichéd, stereotypical drivel. We’re too good for that. They seem a little cheesy at least. They’re all like The Secret, right?

We don’t want to sip on watered down hotel iced tea and listen to Zig Ziglar. We want to take a toke of a high-
Roya
May 06, 2016 Roya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Roya by: Dad
Shelves: dull, not-for-me
As most of you know this is not the type of book I normally reach for, so it should be no surprise that my dad recommended it. He's a huge fan, so for whatever reason I decided to give it a shot. This is by no means a bad book, but since we're on the topic, I'll mention the cons first. I skimmed through the latter half of this book today. The first half took me over a month. This isn't boring per se, I just happen to have the attention span of your average Millennial. I have the worst patience ( ...more
Jared
Feb 03, 2008 Jared rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the end of the Great Depression, Dale Carnegie wrote one of the benchmark self-help books of American literary history. He encapsulated the formula to “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” in the midst of a market downturn, to put it mildly. His title, How to Win Friends and Influence People, was probably used to win and influence book sales rather than cleverly and accurately describe the content of his book. Simply, it is a misnomer. With chapters on considerate social intercourse and since ...more
Daron
Aug 22, 2008 Daron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Sometimes I felt this book was a bit too . . . "used-car-salesmanshippy". There are some good ideas in it, but there are also some things which felt like they were extremely disingenuous. I don't like FAKE people. There are some ideas in here which are quite fake.
Kendel Christensen
Mar 09, 2011 Kendel Christensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All human beings that care about their relationships with others
Save the gospel itself, and my mission president, this book has been the single most influential thing in my life. Insightful? Yes. Timeless, Absolutely. But for someone who had no social skills to speak of until his mission? Transformative.

Here are just a FEW of the nuggets in this amazing book:

“Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him.”
(Emerson, As quoted by Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People, p. 31)

“You will never get into trouble by admitting t
Marks54
Sep 28, 2015 Marks54 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book presents one of the classic statements of popular psychology oriented around positive self-image, self reliance, and cooperative relationships with others. It is one of the most popular and influential books of its type ever and provided the foundations for contemporary self-help celebrities, such as Oprah Winfrey, as well as much of current motivational and organizational psychology that one finds in current business school curricula.

What to make of it? I tend to side with the critics
Molly Cecile
Nov 25, 2011 Molly Cecile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As corny as the title might sound, this book should be a must-read on everyone's list. After reading this book I am so surprised that schools don't teach the simple methods for people to get along with each other and have less conflict. On top of it, any person going into any sort of business must read this. The advice that this book gives is more valuable than a college education on business. While reading this book, I've already had a lot of success, whether it's dealing with work, friends, or ...more
Keertana
Jul 21, 2014 Keertana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-the-hype
Every week for the past seven years my father has diligently asked me--without fail--whether or not I had finally read this book. How to Win Friends & Influence People changed my father's life when he first read it, back during the 1970s, and as such he's wanted me to read it as well. I have three copies of this book in my house--the first an aqua paperback my father originally bought for me, the second the very same paperback my father re-bought for me when in a fit of rebellion I told him ...more
booklady
Re-read (or rather re-listened to) this, as I promised myself I was going to do when I got it last year. I really think the title is misleading. It should be something like, How to Have Healthier, Happier and More Positive Relationships with People.

This time I actually got to put some of the principles of this book into practice when tutoring an unwilling 7th grader. Receiving D's and F's and reading at 3rd grade level, "M" is not unintelligent. She is just one (of the many) child(ren) pushed t
Cathy Carpenter
Feb 23, 2014 Cathy Carpenter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
This is the most boring, tedious, inane book I've ever read. It is a total of 236 pages but the essence could be boiled down to 12 at most. Every chapter, he has one point summarized in a neat box at the end. I skimmed the rest. He gives you six examples when one or two would do. He deliberately repeats himself. He wastes the readers' time.

Do yourself a favor and just read the "In a Nutshell" summary points at the end of each chapter. You won't miss anything.
Nathan
Aug 12, 2008 Nathan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dad gave me this book when I was a teenager and it changed my life. It comes off to some people as a book on how to manipulate people, but that is really far from it. In my experience there's really no way to put the practices this book preaches into effect with your life and not become someone who actually treats people better as a result. Funny how treating people better leads to leadership, friends, and influencing them. It's not an accident.

I've read the book at least 3 times, with anothe
Dave
Sep 07, 2007 Dave rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: classics, non-fiction
I have read this book many times over the years. As I was looking through my bookshelfs this afternoon, I found a very old copy of this classic. It must have come from my father's library as it is marked as a 77th printing - probably printed in the early 50's. I LOVE old books...

The best tidbit to share from this book, is if you want people to like you, emulate a dog. Carnegie says: "When you get within ten feet of him, he will begin to wag his tail. If you stop and pat him, he will almost jump
Shima
Jan 31, 2014 Shima rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
لقد قرات هذا الكتاب مت قبل مرتين وهو كتاب جيد تشعر معه بصدق التجارب وفعلا
جربت الكثير من المواقف ولكن علاقتنا بالناس وكسب الأصدقاء تحتاج الى الصبر والحكمه
وحب الناس بصدق أضاف الكتاب الى ولكن ليس كثيرا فمعظم المبادئ والأفكار تعلمتها من حبيبي ومعلمي رسول الله
صلى الله عليه وسلم ولكن ديل كارنيجي يستحق الشكر والثناء على هذا العمل
Rebecca Foster
For a book to have been in print continuously for nearly 80 years, it must be doing something right. Many of the principles are still applicable, but Carnegie’s case studies struck me as hopelessly outdated as well as exclusively American (the Teapot Dome scandal?!). In teaching public speaking to thousands of businessmen, he developed pointed advice for how to get people to like you and do what you want. Examples: show genuine interest in others and draw out their stories, express sincere appre ...more
Joseph
Jul 07, 2013 Joseph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in need of a pick-me-up
Popular self-help books have the most misleading titles. The provocatively titled Men are From Mars Women are from Venus, for example, is a bland and repetitive read. By contrast, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a stunningly varied and heartfelt treatise wrapped in a dry clinical label.

And so it is with How to Win Friends and Influence People. The title suggests cloak-and-dagger tactics. 'Winning friends' implies competition; that if you don't win them someone else will! And influenci
Ashlie
Aug 09, 2008 Ashlie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is one of the most profound books to understand others behaviors and in teaching you skills to communicate effectively with others. A lot of the information is quite basic, but the examples and the message is quite profound. It has certainly made me stop and reevaluate my responses with others in the past few weeks when needing to work through difficult professional and personal situations. I think this book is a must read and will continue to be timeless classic book.
Huy
Jun 21, 2015 Huy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Một trong những cuốn sách mình ghét nhất mọi thời đại và bị nghe lải nhải về nó nhiều nhất mọi thời đại. Ghét ngay từ câu đầu tiên đến câu cuối cùng.
Brittany
Aug 09, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is truly and oldie but a goodie. It was written in the 1930s, but has been updated a few times and is still very readable.

The title has more to mock in it than the rest of the book. It's not as corny or pedantic as that title makes it sound. Frankly, I think, "How to Be a Decent Human Being in Ways You Know You Should Know About Already, but Don't" would probably be better.

I can see that if you truly take most of the advice in this book to heart, it will definitely have a positive influence
Frank Cardenas
Mar 14, 2008 Frank Cardenas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writer did not get it wrong when he chose the title 'How to...', an amazing timeless book you can read to help you in your everyday life.
No matter what your profession is, you will find that the principles described by the author apply to any situation you find yourself in.
I read this book a long time ago and I still remember the satisfaction I experienced on each page I was devouring: easy-to-read, with very realistic examples and full of simple techniques, this book should be made mandat
How to Win Friends and Influence People 3 33 Apr 20, 2016 10:41AM
The 2016 reading challenge 25 24 Apr 11, 2016 10:22AM
Mrs. Anderson's E...: How to Win Friends and Influence People 1 4 Mar 10, 2016 08:01PM
Recommendations 2 56 Aug 23, 2015 04:18AM
2015 Reading Chal...: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie 3 63 Jun 30, 2015 05:43AM
  • Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
  • Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Rascal: Making a Difference by Becoming an Original Character
  • Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • The One Minute Manager
  • 1913
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • You, Inc.: The Art of Selling Yourself
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
Dale Breckenridge Carnegie (originally Carnagey until 1922 and possibly somewhat later) (November 24, 1888 – November 1, 1955) was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Born in poverty on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People, fir ...more
More about Dale Carnegie...

“It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” 5284 likes
“Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.” 1476 likes