Start by marking “Echo: Collider (Echo, #4)” as Want to Read:
Echo: Collider (Echo, #4)

Echo: Collider (Echo #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Julie Martin''s body is covered in an atomic alloy that has infused her with the DNA of its dead creator, Annie. Now Annie is using Julie to do the impossible - stop the army from activating a 21-mile supercollider guaranteed to destroy the planet Her only ally, Annie''s boyfriend, Dillon. Collects issues #16-20.
Paperback, First Edition, 104 pages
Published April 21st 2010 by Abstract Studio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo

Fran
Mar 24, 2013 Fran rated it it was amazing
Gosh. First, this opens with an issue that made me well up. I love the fact that Ivy is a mother and is also going all around the country with her Sherlock-like mind. It's fantastic to see such a positive female character being both an excellent mother and excellent at her job. It's not that every female character should be those things, it's just that these are the things that she wants to do so she can, of course, do them and there isn't any nonsense about it. So long as a person is doing what ...more
Ian (first person omniscient)

This is Julie, she is a damsel in distress. Unfortunately, she is also supposed to be the heroine. This panel sums up Julie and her actions to date. Despite the radioactive non-Newtonian liquid metal suit that not only protects her from a fusillade of gunfire but also blows apart anyone trying to do her harm with lightning, Julie still relies on the wits and support of someone else pretty much at all times. If the character of Ivy didn't balance her out, I would really wonder about how Mr. Moor
Andrew
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
This volume gets quite violent, and (view spoiler) It's quite a good read though, nonetheless, and the midway point of Collider proves that science-talk doesn't have to be boring...in fact it may be my favorite portion of Volume 4.
Amanda
Apr 19, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I have to admit the banter owns me a bit by now. We've got our main cast and we know who they (what they do, where they came from) at least in all the important ways. I love how Annie is never completely replaced and can't be, because of this setup. Which is so original.

And on top of it we begin to see the ripples. How the main cast is effecting everyone else with their actions. Those working for the corporation. What is going on overseas. How the universe, at large, is actually interacting wit
Ian Wood
Sep 08, 2015 Ian Wood rated it it was amazing

Zedsdead
Dec 29, 2012 Zedsdead rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Synopsis: Julie and Pam go to Ivy's, where Julie uses the Beta suit to help Ivy's sick daughter. Dillon and Dan get the backstory on HENRI and the suit from Will. Cain continues to leave a trail of death and carnage in his wake as he tracks Julie. And HENRI racks up a body count trying to cover its tracks.

Moore may have made his first stumble of the series when he had a scientist emerge from an experimental life-saving procedure with villainous superpowers. [roll eyes] This happened at the very
Sumit Singla
The artwork is as good as ever, and the storyline keeps getting better and better. I like the fact that this isn't just hard science fiction, but has a deeply human and emotional angle to it too. In addition, it is nice to see some questions getting answered and others getting raised.

Also, good job with the humour, Mr. Moore!
Arminzerella
Hector Ibarraran
Sep 28, 2015 Hector Ibarraran rated it liked it
So stuff got real on this one. Though I'm not sure if stakes are high, or if Moore was looking for shock value.
Alan
Aug 06, 2010 Alan rated it really liked it
Terry Moore makes a very strong attempt here at writing humanistic hard science fiction. It is not only good to see him stretch himself as a writer, but I think he pulls it off. In addition, in volume 4 it feels like we are building up to a big payoff pretty quickly.
Jason
Aug 03, 2012 Jason rated it really liked it
Act II ends with a BANG. The characters are really put through the grinder in a way I haven't seen since Tarantino's Kill Bill. You can tell that Moore read up on his physics. I love the comparisons through-out this story of the Phi Project to the Manhattan Project.
Jeff Raymond
Considering how much I didn’t like Strangers in Paradise, I love Echo. It’s really interesting, the artwork’s different, the story really catching me. I think I’m essentially caught up now and can go on subscription, but we’ll see.
Penny Ramirez
Feb 19, 2011 Penny Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf, graphic-novels, series
Another strong entry. The frustrating part of reading something that is serialized is all the waiting for the next entry.... Moore's writing is strong, and his drawing is even stronger. Nice twists!
Mike
Sep 26, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: creator-owned
Getting so good that I can't stop to savor the books - I'm reading them all back to back now and don't know what to say about it except keep reading!
Celia Powell
Dec 31, 2010 Celia Powell rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, graphic-novel
I don't think I should have skipped from the first volume of this series to the fourth - a bit too much story has passed in between.
Jdetrick
This is a little exposition heavy, but it's also got some unexpected surprises in it. The story continues to be amazing.
Ksenia
Mar 29, 2011 Ksenia rated it really liked it
there was a lot of science stuff in there that sort of went over my head. maybe Josh will "get it" when he comes to this part.
Ryan McArthur
Jul 16, 2012 Ryan McArthur rated it it was amazing
Really good! Strong characters, a number of storylines (but not too many!) and past events hinted at to give depth to the story.
Sundry
Dec 10, 2011 Sundry rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
It just keeps getting more interesting and compelling. Good continuation of the story. Already looking forward to #5.
Schnaucl
The story is progressing, though slowly.
Susan
Mar 01, 2015 Susan marked it as comics
Shelves: comics-trades, 2012
latest re-read 3/3/2012 - 3/8/2012
Christopher
Nov 14, 2011 Christopher rated it really liked it
Very well done. Even has some physics!
Tammy
Dec 18, 2010 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
Getting harder and harder to put down.
Debbie Zappen
Jul 05, 2010 Debbie Zappen rated it really liked it
It just keeps getting better!
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Keerthi Vasan
Keerthi Vasan rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Joshua Topliffe
Joshua Topliffe marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
All Graphic
All Graphic marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Max
Max rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Dustan C.
Dustan C. rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
  • Invincible, Vol. 16: Family Ties
  • Flight, Vol. 7 (Flight, #7)
  • Angel & Faith: What You Want, Not What You Need (Angel & Faith, #5)
  • The Sword, Volume 3: Earth
  • Queen and Country: The Definitive Edition, Vol. 2
  • Criminal, Vol. 5: The Sinners
  • The Boys, Volume 6: The Self-Preservation Society
  • Madame Xanadu, Vol. 2: Exodus Noir
  • The Lives of Sacco and Vanzetti
  • FreakAngels, Volume 3 (FreakAngels, #3)
  • Okko: The Cycle of Water (Okko, #1)
  • Powers, Vol. 12: The 25 Coolest Dead Superheroes of All Time
  • Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence i ...more
More about Terry Moore...

Echo (6 books)
  • Echo, Volume 1: Moon Lake
  • Echo: Atomic Dreams (Echo, #2)
  • Echo: Desert Run (Echo, #3)
  • Echo: Black Hole (Echo, #5)
  • Echo: The Last Day (Echo, #6)

“Has a confrontational ring to it, doesn't it? Like saying, the sky is rubber, or, your foot's a hippopotamus.” 1 likes