Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 1” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 1

Cardcaptor Sakura, Omnibus 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura #1-3)

4.45  ·  Rating Details ·  2,773 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
Fourth grader Sakura Kinomoto finds a strange book in her father's library -- a book made by the wizard Clow to store dangerous spirits sealed within a set of magical cards. But when Sakura opens it up, there is nothing left inside but Kero-chan, the book's cute little guardian beast . . . who informs Sakura that since the Clow cards seem to have escaped while he was aslee ...more
Paperback, Omnibus, 576 pages
Published October 20th 2010 by Dark Horse (first published October 7th 2003)

Lois Bujold
Dec 19, 2016 Lois Bujold rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga readers trying to grok CLAMP, younger manga readers
More in my exploration of CLAMP. This manga is aimed at younger readers, generally not my preferred level although anime and manga offer loads of it. But it's an earlier work which includes a lot of the CLAMP trope-and-character formations recycled into later works aimed at older readers, so is something of a foundation-work for understanding the often maddeningly elusive latter.

Magical-girl Sakura finds an old book made to hold a set of powerful cards, which have become scattered and lost; with
Lukas (LukeLaneReads)
Nov 20, 2016 Lukas (LukeLaneReads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-debut
Trying manga while in Japan...

To be honest, I picked this up while in Japan as a simple memento as I used to watch the anime when I was younger, but flicked through a couple of pages and quickly found myself hooked, whether it was nostalgia or what I don't know, but I bought Vol. 2 almost straight away.

Things I liked;
- The humour, while it is that very 'cutesy' humour that a lot of anime features I found myself laughing more than I'd like to admit.
- LGBT Representation - Not only is the main
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

I love this series. Kero is one of my all time favorite magical beings. Li is so crabby, and both he and Sakura are adorable whenever they see major crush Yukito. Tomoyo provides Sakura with a wardrobe even a Kardashian would be envious of. While the card battles are fun, it's the character interactions that make this a gem.
Ana Luisa
Oct 19, 2015 Ana Luisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Recordar una buena historia siempre es de lo mejor.

Nunca tuve la oportunidad de leer el manga completo cuando lo sacaron aquí en México, y ahora, al descubrir este hermoso Omnibus, estoy más que enamorada de esta historia <3.
Páginas a color, buena impresión, excelente historia y personajes, muy bonita portada, ¡ay caramba! Adoro Sakura :3.

Totalmente recomendado si no lo has leído :).
Nora
Really cute manga that people of all ages can enjoy. I remember watching the anime Saturday mornings as a kid and picking this up as soon as I could get my hands on it. A light, sweet read with utterly adorable characters.
Lina
A major reason why I wanted to read (and in some cases re-read) the Cardcaptor Sakura series is to put my finger on why it became one of the "classic magical girl shojo" stories. I have just finished the first volume and while I don't think I've touched on the magic just yet I do find the character very endearing and the story to be very cute. The whole "gotta catch em all" aspect of it is a little trite, but at the same time I enjoy read Sakura's adventures. Since I own the complete series now, ...more
Cass -  Words on Paper
Oct 04, 2016 Cass - Words on Paper rated it really liked it
Very cute! I must admit I don't really remember much from the anime, though I do recall having a certain fondness for it. Quite interesting that this manga has same-sex relationships/crushes, and it's actually deeper than expected. Luckily I have the second omnibus volume from the library so I can continue on with the series!
Mia
I LOVED this!! I used to watch Cardcaptors all the time when I was a kid so it was really interesting to read this. I watched the english dubbed version so I think some things are quite different. It's such an enjoyable story and I can't wait to read the rest!
Jamie-Lee Holland
The nostalgia is
Alex
The Deal: After stumbling into a strange book in her father's library, Sakura Kinomoto - a sporty, cute and girly fourth grader - met Kero-chan, the beast that guards the Clow Cards, and he needs her help getting them all back.

The Clow Cards are magic devices, created long ago by a great wizard, they were supposed to be sealed, but at some point they escaped, and now it is up to Sakura to find them all. Without knowing, Sakura has always had some magical power - which enabled her to open card's
Michelle
I love this series so far and everything about it. It's funny and heartwarming and action packed and cute.

I watched the anime for this years ago and I'm loving the manga just as much if not more!

The characters and the character interactions, their relationships with each other, the humour, the action. Sakura's crush on Yukito; Toya and his relationship with Yukito and his protectiveness of Sakura even though he acts like a typical older brother teasing her! Tomoyo and Sakura's friendship. Kero!
Jan 02, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reading
Late to review, but so good, I love both the ccs anime and manga series! : ) its amazing, cute, and funny, and love Sakura and Syoaran 3 and Sakura's outfits are so adorable! : ) love it one of my all-time favorite manga series, definitely recommend both the manga and the anime series! 3 the anime is available to watch online on Crunchyroll.com/cardcaptor-sakura and the manga on the kindle and google books : ) love this series! 3
Nix
Jul 21, 2011 Nix rated it liked it
Recommended to Nix by: MH
Shelves: magic, romance, fantasy, manga
My first manga ever! (One Piece doesn't count, because I didn't technically read it. I can't read Japanese.)

The action scenes were a little hard to understand. The swirly stuff and special effects were a big distraction. The background stood out way too much.

Also, what was with Mr. Hong Kong Li Person being a rival to Sakura? That was just creepy. Just . . . I mean, is that hinting at . . . well anyway, this has a fourth grade heroine. Is this supposed to be adult or something?
Pearl
Mar 15, 2011 Pearl rated it really liked it
The anime was my childhood and the manga was my pre-teens.

I recently re-read this and plan on getting the omnibus, because I need it in my life.

Cute and fluffy, little girl saves the world and looks great while doing it. The CLAMP ladies do really have quiet the imagination(s) to come up with an endearing story with supernatural themes at the same time.
Dakota
Mar 14, 2012 Dakota rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Ahhh memories. Remember becoming obesessed with this plus the anime and the movies. cute and fluffy and gorgeous art by CLAMP!
Claudia Kings
Dec 25, 2014 Claudia Kings rated it it was amazing
Amazing!! all the memories!!!
Anna
Cardcaptor Sakura is such a sweet story.
The characters are all very endearing, and I couldn't help but love all of them. I love how CLAMP explores different kind of relationships and how the characters closest to Sakura all interact. Even her classmates who don't play a very huge role in her magical life, are easy to love because they're all given their own time to shine and their own personal quirks.
The art is simply stunning. The amount of detail and obvious care that was put into drawing it
Daisya
Jun 24, 2017 Daisya rated it really liked it
Solid 4/5 stars and can't wait to pick up the second omnibus. Really loved the fact that there were same-sex crushes because it seems like that's rare especially since these are fourth-graders but loved it nonetheless. I thought it was quite funny at times and there was one point where I got a little teary-eyed. Would highly recommend!
Shawna
May 10, 2017 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a PE & Music talented Kid kicking supernatural butt while collecting trading cards to make her magically skilled?

That synopsis sucks! Sakura, with her Clow Cards, will save the world! And capture the hearts of everyone ;D
Marcie Bowidowicz
Feb 08, 2017 Marcie Bowidowicz rated it really liked it
The story is cute, sweet, and surprisingly gay! Quite the love square in here, along with some very fun adventures.
Arthur
Jun 30, 2017 Arthur rated it really liked it
4.5
Gerky
May 12, 2017 Gerky rated it really liked it
A truly amazing book every should read.
Steven
Jul 05, 2017 Steven rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Reading this for the first time and it feels like I've been missing out on it my whole life.
Becky
May 09, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it
Before receiving this book, I didn't expect it to be as fat as it was. I knew it was four books combined, but it never dawned on me it would be a big book. I was extremely shocked and pleased when it arrived. It is extremely well made, high quality and the pages are so smooth and crisp. The art is also very clean and it also contains quite a lot of glossy ccs manga art! (I counted 35 by my last count I think?) I had a few issues with this omnibus book, which would be the translations. The dialog ...more
Mehsi
Will also be re-reading this one! Again, like with the other one, I have a paperback, but due to re-reading stuff I have to pick another volume if I want to add the book to my list again.

This new omnibus comes with a whole bunch of colour illustrations. These can be found throughout the book, at the start, when there is a new volume part and even at the end we have 15 beautiful illustrations.

This omnibus combines volumes 1 to 3, and I am really happy that they did this, instead of splitting it u
Tasia
Sep 24, 2016 Tasia rated it really liked it
Very cute and sweet, but hopefully there are no more super inappropriate teacher-student relationships in the upcoming volumes. A 10/11 year old and someone in their (presumably) 30s? Hell. No. Even with cultural differences, that's just too much of a gap in age and maturity, even if CLAMP does harp on how mature the student is. Still weird, still wrong!

That aside, though, Sakura's adventures are fun to read and appreciate from an artistic standpoint. Just watch out for these strangely-justified
Felicia
Feb 21, 2017 Felicia rated it really liked it
I rather enjoyed the anime series, so I felt it was time to finally read the source material. Overall, the anime stayed very true to the original work. The story is still very cute. It is easy to tell that this was an early work for CLAMP, the style is not as refined as some of their more recent books. I will likely continue to read through the series as time and opportunity permits.
Alex
Oct 04, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, manga
Genre & Audience
Magical Girls

Originality
Even though Sailor Moon is credited with restarting the magical girl trope, Cardcaptor Sakura really gives you a one-two, knockout punch with its card theme and constant costume changes.

Artwork
Quality and detail level of the artwork is excellent. Even the far-away views are detailed enough so that if you look at them carefully, then you can see clearly what's going on--although you might have to go back because you missed a detail that's mentioned la
Matisse
May 07, 2016 Matisse rated it it was amazing
Cardcaptors was a 90's anime with an...interesting backstory. The source anime, 'Cardcaptor Sakura', codified the Magical Girl as we know her today. A sidekick, a stuffed animal helper, an iconic weapon and stories that go beyond what you'd expect emotionally...that all came from Sakura. The thing was, the show was slower and more slice-of-life than 90's contemporaries like Dragonball Z. (Plus, boys watched those shows, and no boy in the 90's would watch a full-on Magical Girl.)

The solution was
Honya
I’m probably one of the few people who can say they didn’t grow up watching Cardcaptor Sakura at one point. I actually only discovered the manga after I fell in love with CLAMP’s writing and read several of their other manga; I’ve never watched the anime. I have to say that I really love this manga though. It’s so cheerful, even when it gets dark–and yes, at points it does get dark, especially in the second half. But Sakura’s such an optimistic character that she keeps the story bright throughou ...more
  • Codename: Sailor V: Deluxe Edition, #2 (Codename: Sailor V Deluxe, #2)
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 2
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 8
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 01 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #1)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 1

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)