Killing the Cobra Chinatown Trollop (Felix Gomez)

Killing the Cobra Chinatown Trollop (Felix Gomez)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Spinning out of the bestselling novel, The Nymphos of Rocky Flats, author Mario Acevedo brings his Iraq war veteran and vampire detective, Felix Gomez, to comics in this all-new tale of murderous mayhem involving the ruthless heroin merchants, the Han Cobras. But vampiric powers may not be enough to protect Felix or his lover from the vicious gangsters.
Published November 30th 2010 by IDW Publishing (first published November 14th 2010)

Spilt Milk by D.K.CassidyThe Bird Day Battalion by Genevieve DeweyThe Meat Market by James ChalkInto the Killer Sphere by Stefania MattanaGalactic Energies by Luca  Rossi
Good short fiction
238th out of 333 books — 396 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
Fantasy & SciFi to read before you die.
219th out of 285 books — 336 voters

More lists with this book...

Tez
I have two as-yet-unread Felix Gomez novels on my shelf, with three more on my wishlist. Not much for comics or graphic novels, but this unexpectedly arrived in my snail mail. Felix Gomez was in the US Army doing a tour of duty in Iraq when his troop unintentionally killed a village of civilians. Soon after he was turned into a vampire. Normally I'm wary of those who choose to join the military, but Felix's guilt and grief humanises him, makes him less of a soulless killing machine.

He has immort...more
Solace Winter
Beautiful art but from there this story goes downhill. Having read all of the books this story becomes too much of a reiteration of things we have heard in those novels. You aren't given a chance to develop any real feeling for the new characters that appear and the end is horrifically predictable. Still, it's Felix, and for the few moments of clarity in story, he goes about with his usual wit. If they do another one of these I hope they fit it in where it is not predictable and comes out before...more
Tim Mocarski
There's a reason I think graphic novels are just big comic books. Although I truly like the character of Felix Gomez, this spin off from an earlier novel leaves the reader hanging by abruptly ending with the supposed promise if future adventures following the story line.
Jason
A fantastic addition to the Felix Gomez universe. Filling in the gap between the first and second novels in the series this graphic novel is fast paced and action packet. A bit more reserved than the novels but still a nice step in the evolution of the character.
Craig Kibby
Craig Kibby marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
L.A. Williams
L.A. Williams marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Retro Rikardo
Retro Rikardo marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Samantha Cox
Samantha Cox marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Tearle Dersch
Tearle Dersch marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Tamara!
Tamara! marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Cedric
Cedric marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Renee Rearden
Renee Rearden marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Jen
Jen added it
Apr 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born in El Paso, Texas and grew up in Las Cruces, New Mexico, but visited family in Chihuahua. Joined the US Army and flew attack helicopters.

Was artist-in-residence for Arte Americas in Fresno, California and served as a combat artist in Operation Desert Storm. Also teaches/taught art to prisoners at Avenal State Prison.
More about Mario Acevedo...
The Nymphos of Rocky Flats (Felix Gomez, #1) X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2) The Undead Kama Sutra (Felix Gomez, #3) Jailbait Zombie (Felix Gomez, #4) Werewolf Smackdown (Felix Gomez, #5)