Start by marking “Married by Morning” as Want to Read:
Married by Morning

Married by Morning (The Hathaways #4)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  16,559 ratings  ·  904 reviews
He is everything she wants to avoid…

For two years, Catherine Marks has been a paid companion to the Hathaway sisters — a pleasant position, with one caveat. Her charges’ older brother, Leo Hathaway, is thoroughly exasperating. Cat can hardly believe that their constant arguing could mask a mutual attraction. But when one quarrel ends in a sudden kiss, Cat is shocked at her
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Married by Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married by Morning

Dina
A Letter to Leo Hathaway, Viscount Ramsay

Dearest Leo,

Firstly, let me apologize in advance for being so forward as to write you this letter and for treating you with such familiarity. I am aware that you, a fine 19th-century gentleman, should be appalled with my boldness, but I am a 21st-century woman and we are no longer subjected to the restrictive dictates of society that ruled your time. As a Hathaway, I hope you will not only understand this but also be amused by it.

Now, I am ashamed to say
Auntee
Sep 11, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; Fans of historicals where the H/h engage in wicked bantering
Loved it. I knew I would, since I'm a sucker for the colorful Hathaway family. And Leo? I didn't have high hopes for him while reading the first in the series (Mine Till Midnight, but with each succeeding book, he kept growing on me, and growing on me...and finally by this book...*sigh*...he finally became a hero worthy of my admiration!:)

No plot summary this time, because there's some truly awesome reviews at GR for this one. I'll just add my thoughts/observations...

This was only brother Leo H
Shawna
Aug 20, 2014 Shawna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas & anyone who loves a beautiful romance
Recommended to Shawna by: Me...'cause I love all of LK's books!
5++ stars – Historical Romance

Oh Leo, Lord Ramsay, you devastatingly handsome, fiendishly charming, hysterically witty, and devilishly wicked man...keeping me up until the wee hours of the morning to finish reading your story rather than for the total ravishment and thorough tupping that I would have preferred from you!

I’ve loved every romance thus far in the ongoing, enchanting saga of the unconventional Hathaway family, Cam’s and Amelia’s spirited courtship in Mine Till Midnight, Kev’s and Wi
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Married by Morning was such a delightful book. It fully exceeded my high expectations. The sparks between Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay, and Catherine Marks in the prior Hathaway books promised good tension and a fun read, but Ms. Kleypas managed to draw on deep wells of emotion and passion in writing this story, that made it even fuller than I expected.

I had the feeling that Catherine would prove to be fairly tortured for a Kleypas heroine, and it turned out I was right. She had some deeply buried
UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva

I hope you’ll be able to look past the cheesiness of this review and be able to understand what it is I’m feeling, even though I can’t quite find the words to eloquently express my thoughts about Married by Morning in a way that will do it justice.

This was simply one of the most delightful books I’ve read in a very long time. I had no doubt that I’d like it, as I do most all of Lisa Kleypas’ books, but this far exceeded my expectations! Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay and Catherine Marks, Governess, m
Rane
At the start of the The Hathaways series, I will admit, I really disliked Leo. He was such a self-center baby, and didn’t care the damage he was doing to his family whom loved him. At the same time I was curious at what LK planned for him. Slowly she reveled the Leo whom has faced his demons and is walking out of the shadows. And by Seduce Me at Sunrise and Tempt Me at Twilight, I was looking forward to his and Cat story. And with the cliffhanger at the end of TMAT, I was a little leery it woul ...more
Juliana
Second half of the book far better than the first ... and how can I get my own Leo?! (3.5 stars)

[1852, Hampshire and London, England:]
So here it is! The long awaited romance of "Marks" and Leo! I know I'm not alone when I say that by the end of the second Hathaway book, SEDUCE ME AT SUNRISE, I was sensing that they would be matched up in the future and was already anxiously anticipating it.

Many readers have been counting down the days till this book came out, and that same pressure and exciteme
DarienMoya
^^ JUST WONDERFUL!! ^^

If you are a fan of historical romance and you have not read The Hathaway series, then you are surely missing out. This series is positively one of the best and it should not be missed. Lisa Kleypas has done it again and every book in this series just gets better than the last, Leo has been a shining character in the previous books and he comes out blasting in his own book.

Leo Hathaway self proclaimed devil, he has the wit, charm and sex appeal to blow any female out of he
Beanbag Love
This was just delicious. I smack my lips thinking back over what I've just read. Just lovely.

I am so happy Kleypas was able to keep the spark of Cat and Leo's relationship alive even as they fell into divine and rapturous love. They continue to bait each other, evolving beautifully into a sort of comedy duo rather than sparring partners.

Not that it doesn't have angst. Oh, there's angst aplenty here. We all knew Leo had some problems, and Cat's difficult past has been teased heavily as well. Kle
Kat Stark

First Book: Mine Till Midnight
Second Book: Seduce me at Sunrise
Third Book: Tempt me at Twilight

Fifth Book: Love in the Afternoon

Book four of the series and I enjoyed it to say the least. I guess I was expecting it to be way better than the rest and it turned out to be a little bit of a dud for me. I love Leo and Cat and the fact that they always argued and never got along. I just love reading about those love/hate relationships and this does have a lot of love, but not really hate...I guess some
♡Karlyn P♡
Loved it! Leo and Cat's interactions and relationship made this one a winner. The actual backstory (Cat's mystery past...etc.) was minor entertainment compared to all the fun I had when these two were in the same room. I can see why some people rated this less than five stars as the mystery wasn't much of a mystery, and there are parts that were predictable and maybe even rushed, but I can't knock a star off of my rating simply because I loved the entire experience reading this story. The writin ...more
Leah
Eastofoz
Sep 02, 2010 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Hathaways series
Well me oh my, if this wasn’t the raciest Kleypas read yet (!) Makes Suddenly You's strawberry scene look outright tame in some parts (!) Book 4 in the Hathaways series is still just another alright read. Sure you’ve got the love/hate but it’s a toned down one and yes there’s also some good back and forth banter but it’s just okay with only a few really good lines. This whole series feels like I’ve seen it all before and better somewhere else.

Book 3 ended with the Cat/Leo cliffhanger so of cours
Ronyell
After reading Tempt Me at Twilight, I was dying to read the next book in the series, “Married by Morning” and I was so glad to get the chance to read this little gem of a novel! This time, it is Leo Hathaway’s turn to fall in love and what other person could he ever fall in love with than the Hathaways’ uptight paid companion, Catherine Marks! As usual in all of the “Hathaway” series, this novel is filled with drama, mystery, suspense and hot sizzling romance that will have any romance novel fan ...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
To start things off

This is the cover of "Married by morning". Leo, your a babe.

This however is reality. Bit of man on man anyone?

Now that I have caught your attention and everyone can see my knew found novelty for adding pictures to my reviews. I will proceed.

I am in no way trying to ruin everyone perceptions of these wonderful romances. I just find it highly amusing to look at what it really was like.

Leo, well what can I say. I love you. I want you all to myself. Please seduce me.

I was lookin
Lynsey A
Just some of my quick thoughts about this one:

This is absolutely one of my favorite Lisa Kleypas books! Leo is a wonderful hero and he and Marks are perfect for each other. Kleypas wrote this book so well. Even the fighting back and forth between Leo and Marks was good. It was entertaining and I didn't feel like Marks and Leo couldn't stand one another. Normally, continued fighting between the H/h really gets to me in a romance but I never felt that way with these two. It was done so well.

There
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jan 15, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially historical romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Leah, Suzanne, Elena R
Nisha
Just seconds after reading this book, I was salivating to reread it - this time for the quotes.

Before reading this book, I already had a tender spot reserved for Leo and Marks (I like the nickname, its real cute). They were the couple that were waiting to happen, after all their bickering and bluster.

Leo, as we know, is a bit of a roller coaster. He admits it himself, that when falls in love, he falls hard. I kinda liked the primitive edge that LK included within his character. His humor has not
valee
I loved this one! I have been waiting to read Leo's story for so long that I can't believe it is actually over! I'm glad there's still one more book to come in this series because if not I would be definitely devastated. I love this Hathaway siblings, each and every one of them.

In this book we finally see Marks and Leo together. It was so entertaining to see their relationship moving forward. We already had seen Leo redeem himself in the previous books but in this one he does it even better.

Mar
Yz the Whyz
Leo Hathaway: renowned scoundrel and black sheep of the Hathaway family.

Of course, trust Lisa Kleypas to transform him into a sexy, wicked hero.

We all know who his heroine will be ever since they started trading insults with each other, but to finally read the book where witty Leo had to contend with the acerbic Marks, I know I'm in for a exciting read.

A lost love had transformed Leo to a man on the brink of disaster, only to totter on its edge temporarily for the love of his family. What will
SheLove2Read
Aug 11, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I really liked Lisa Kleypas before reading this book, but now I'm a total fangirl! This was, without a doubt, not only one of her best books, but one of the best romances I've ever read.

In past Hathaway stories, I've liked Leo but in this one, he really shines. His personality and wit and inner self really comes out and you can't help but completely fall in love with him. His dialog is inspired and witty and when he and "Marks" as he calls her (LOVE THAT!!) banter back and forth, its a joy to re
Cheryl
The much anticipated story of Leo and Miss Marks was a hit with this reader, 5 big stars!!!

When first introduced to Leo Hathaway in Mine Till Midnight, I hated him! I thought he was selfish, rude and a complete wastrel and cad! Then in each book after that he started redeeming himself just a bit, little by little at a time. Then when Catherine Marks was introduced I just knew something was going to end up happening with the two of them.

Leo and Miss Marks got along like oil in water, they hated o
Didi
I love Leo! and he finally gets his overdue, long-time-coming, second chance at love. He had loved before and with devastating and ill-fated consequences. Laura Dillard had died in his arms due to scarlet fever.
He knows he loves intensely and shied away from it specifically for that reason. Not because he couldn't love another like he loved Laura. Not because he believed in only one true love. He couldn't love again because it would kill him. He was a younger version of himself with Laura, but n
jenjn79
I liked this fourth installment in Kleypas's "Hathaway" series. Didn't love it, but I solidly liked it. It was missing a little something to push me over into the loving it category.

Series Note:
You could probably read this one as a standalone without too much trouble. But it would probably read better if you read them in order.

Summary:
Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay, never expected to be a Lord, but a succession of deaths among the previous Lords Ramsays left him (and by extension his family) as inher
Quinn
Ah, Ms. Kelypas - you've done it again! You've taken not one, but two characters that I wasn't particularly enamoured with and managed to make me love them.

As I'm sure the author intended, like most (if not all) readers, I didn't like Leo Hathaway at the start of this series. But if there's one thing I know about this author, it's how incredibly, amazingly good she is at turning a distasteful character into a hero to die for. So it wasn't a surprise to me that Leo became the wonderful man that h
Ana
3.5

Buddy read my ladies Dulce and Cam

Married by Morning wasn't my favorite in the seres. I was expecting more from Marks and Leo. It started off fun, then kind of went dud in the middle, and finally picked up a bit.However, in typical Kleypas fashion she wraps everything up adorably.

Proper review to resume once I graduate in exactly one week!

Camaro
BR with my Dream Team: Ana Sylvia and Cam

4 Pretty Good (but not great) Stars

So I was really looking forward to this one, after that cliffhanger from hell in the last book. In a nutshell, it was good, just not as great as I hoped. Leo is one of those heroes that you can't help but love. He's got the whole jaded aristocratic meets talented architect, meets self-deprecating ass thing going on. The wry humour and quirky riddles made him leap of the pages.

My main problem was Cat. Who really grated
Jess the Romanceaholic
Ahhh I'd forgotten just how much I love Lisa Kleypas :)

I was so happy to see Leo find his match, and even more, I was thrilled when I found out he'd find it in Marks.

I admit, as an extremely nearsighted gal myself, I have to say I have a soft spot for the spectacle-wearing governess ;)

Leo was simply dreamy -- there's not much I like more than a truly reformed rake who's completely arse-over-teakettle for a woman like that.

Of course, I've read the entire Hathaway series, but I do think it would s
Dancechica
This book would have been so much more enjoyable if it had focused more on Leo and Marks' relationship and less on Marks' not-so-interesting past and the obligatory obsessive villain. I also didn't like how much Poppy and Harry, well, popped into the story--they had their book already. The fact that this book mostly took place at the Rutledge hotel probably contributed to my annoyance, especially since their book is my least favorite so far. And why, oh why, does Kleypas feel the need to tack on ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in Lisa Kleypas' The Hathaways series. I must admit that like many people I didn't like Leo in the first Hathaway novel. But through time he has grown into something worthy and I ended up quite pleased with his and Catherine's story. Ms Kleypas has a talent for writing some of the best historical romance out there. In my opinion this is one of her best. Lots of witty repartee mixed into a steamy courtship.

"I know I'm a bad bargain. But I'm begging you to have me anyway. Because
Characters like Leo? 1 19 Nov 24, 2014 07:35AM
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)

“I love you, Marks. My heart is completely and utterly yours. And unfortunately for you, the rest of me comes with it.” 263 likes
“There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for.” 220 likes