Start by marking “Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear” as Want to Read:
Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear

Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  201 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Eat your cake! And wear it too! Silly food-themed wearables you can make to keep up with the hottest new craft trend.

With Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies, crocheters can have their cupcakes and wear them, too. The founder of her own popular line of food-inspired fashions, Twinkie Chan has whipped up a feast of head-turning scarves, mittens, hats, and mor
Published November 2nd 2010 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published September 14th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies

Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans by Jan Eaton
Must-Own Crochet Books
7th out of 91 books — 49 voters
Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenKawaii Bento Boxes by Mieko BabaChi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata KonamiThe Art of My Neighbor Totoro by Hayao MiyazakiTwinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies by Twinkie Chan
Kawaii Culture
5th out of 54 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Kate
Apr 21, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: age-ya, non-fiction, 2011
I saw this book at my local library and checked it out because I'm always looking for cute knitting and crochet patterns. While not amigurumi, the patterns here are really cute and will appeal to fans of Japanese culture and anime.

I was a bit disappointed that most of the patterns were scarves. There was one hat, a tissue cozy, and some wrist warmers, but everything else was a scarf, and mostly a version of the same kind of scarf (linked together pieces like the one on the cover).

I did make a
alana
Jun 13, 2014 alana rated it really liked it
This book is adorable! I would have super loved it in high school and undergrad. Twinkie Chan creates cute crochet scarf, hat, and glove patterns that look like food. Most of them are fairly flat which works well for flat things like buttered toast, grapefruit slices, and candy buttons. However, it looks a little bit strange for sweets like ice cream and cupcakes. Still cute, though! My favorites are the Giant Carrot Scarf and the Baby Radish Lariat Scarf. So adorable! Oh, and I would love to we ...more
Grey Liliy
Dec 17, 2014 Grey Liliy rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet
Super cute book. Lots of adorable food scarves for you to put together from cupcakes to pizza (my favs were the salad and lettuce scarves).

As a beginner though, a lot of these require a bit of experience with assembly and using multiple colors. A beginner could do it, but it's definitely more work from what the patterns indicate.

However, they're cute and fun so the extra work should be worth it.

I do wish there were a few more non-scarf items. I think there was a hat, gloves, a tissue cover, and
Thebruce1314
Jul 02, 2016 Thebruce1314 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty-things
The projects contained in this book are pretty silly and impractical (my own bias, as there is nothing here that I would actually wear). Having said that, cute crochet is in, and Chan has done a good job of creating colourful, whimsical projects. My biggest complaint is that the book is 90% patterns for scarves. While some of the panels could likely be reused for other things, I would like to see more variety. I'm not sure how many of the patterns I will actually use, but this just goes to prove ...more
V
Aug 14, 2014 V rated it it was amazing
Good book full of awesome patterns. If you are anywhere under an expert or intermediate crocheter, then this book is great for you. More advanced crocheters tend to be able to make their own patterns. I'm getting there, but this book is great for beginners. My eight year old also loves it, and is learning to read the patters (which are super easy to read), and she plans on making everything in the book. I highly recommend it.
Rose-Marie Rowlands
Super fun and cute crochet.

I love this crochet book. It's fun and great for using up your yarn stash. All the patterns are colourful and very original. My daughter loves her cupcake scarf and I'm currently making the toast scarf. Great for people that want crochet that doesn't take itself too seriously and also most pattern are done in parts, a bit like granny squares. So good for travelling with.
Joanna
Feb 23, 2016 Joanna rated it it was amazing
The patterns in this book are so adorable. Twinkie Chan's designs are unique and fun!
Grace
Feb 22, 2011 Grace rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts, crochet
This book is filled with wonderfully cute wearable items, mostly scarves, made of crocheted food. Many of them made me giggle, but they are perfect for people with a sense of humour, kids, and even some teenagers. Most of all, foodies would probably get a kick out of these designs.

I worked my way through only one pattern, and it was very, very easy to follow. I really like that the author puts hints at the end of the pattern on how to change the sizes for the best fit. I can't wait to make the
Lexi
Sep 03, 2013 Lexi rated it it was amazing
Such fun! I crocheted the "dot's" candy scarf and currently working on the carrot scarf. They will be really cool Christmas gifts. The directions are very clear, the photos fun and I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to wear one of these creations! I'm so glad I decided to do some crafting - it's never too early to start those gifts for the holidays. Fun and easy!
Stephanie Smith
Apr 11, 2013 Stephanie Smith rated it it was amazing
I really love this book the patterns are amazing although one of my favorite patterns (jelly bean scarf) isn't in the book but it is a free ravelry download!
Molly
May 06, 2011 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
This is a super cute book, with some fun craft ideas. My favorite thing about it was Twinkie Chan's tattoos. They are great!
Dana Wright
Jun 18, 2011 Dana Wright rated it it was amazing
This book is the best. I have made the cupcake scarf and will now start the cookie one. Highly recommend!
Day
Feb 03, 2015 Day rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, crafts
Awesome book! I've made slices of toast and eggs and the fingerless mitts and hat.
bones
Feb 26, 2013 bones rated it liked it
Fun patterns, lots of pictures, easy-to-follow instructions. Good stuff.
Vanezza Valencia salinas
Sep 11, 2013 Vanezza Valencia salinas rated it it was amazing
Twinkie Chan is my crochet idol! Everything in this book is super cute!
Terry
Jun 20, 2011 Terry rated it it was amazing
One day I will make a carrot scarf! Her patterns are just pure fun!
Tanya
Jul 19, 2012 Tanya rated it really liked it
Cute ideas for scarves and other projects involving food.
Chris Cody
LOVE LoVe LUV her fun and yummy ideas!
Lisa Keipp
Apr 17, 2012 Lisa Keipp rated it it was amazing
Love the patterns!
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Kenny
Kenny marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Tamera Davis
Tamera Davis rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Michelle Waite
Michelle Waite rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Jasmine Crabtree
Jasmine Crabtree rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Debbie Bowton
Debbie Bowton rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Nostalgia Reader
Nostalgia Reader marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Bridget Hardy
Bridget Hardy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Yummi 'Gurumi: Over 60 Gourmet Crochet Treats to Make
  • Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful
  • Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • 75 Birds, Butterflies & little beasts to knit and crochet
  • Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Blueprint Crochet
  • Crochet Me
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet #15906
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns
Since the age of 10, Twinkie Chan has been crocheting zany goodies such as tiger-head Kleenex cozies, frog hats with dangly legs, and BBQ pork bun plushies for her friends and family. Fans are snapping up her crocheted goodies online at www.twinkiechan.com."
More about Twinkie Chan...