True Balance: A Commonsense Guide for Renewing Your Spirit

True Balance: A Commonsense Guide for Renewing Your Spirit

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"When you balance your seven energy centers, you reclaim your natural rights and reestablish your natural order. You begin to undo the damage that was caused by living your life backward, from the head first, forgetting the body and spirit altogether. As with everything in nature, if your life isn't supported by a grounded source of energy, it will wither and lose its vita...more
Published March 10th 2010 by Three Rivers Press (first published May 2nd 2000)

Richard Szponder
In these times of tremendous spiritual awakening with a greater focus on holistic health, many people have begun treating physical and emotional maladies in a similar matter by focusing on the mind, body, spirit connection. In True Balance, Sonia Choquette presents a guided journey through the seven primary energy centers, or chakras, within the human body. She explains that each of these seven centers is responsible for controlling various aspects of our physical, mental, and emotional well-bei...more
Julie Tegni
Simple and clear resource book/workbook regarding the chakras and tips to get back in balance. Love this book!
Deirdre
I love Sonia Choquette. She is the psychic I've always wanted; she's smart, articulate, and really grounded. There's nothing airy-fairy about her.

This book is, like the subtitle says, a "commonsense guide" for connecting with your spirit. Sonia's book offers useful anecdotes, practical advice, and step-by-step methods for healing every aspect of spiritual disconnect and discontent.
Christine
Quite honestly this book changed my life by causing a spiritual awakening. It made me look at the world around me differently in the sense that I felt more empowered to change things in my life that weren't serving me anymore or giving me ideas to bring things into my life that could nurture my spirit. Before this book I was simply blind to this power within myself.
Carolyn Amundson
A non-traditional and less-intellectual approach to the chakras. Each chakra (starting at the root) is described, with its physical and emotional effects on the body. There are questions to figure out whether each chakra is/not in balance and some ideas of addressing imbalances. Humorously, there are movie recommendations for balancing each chakra.
Krista
I turned to this book to better understand how Chakras work in the physical body. I firmly believe in the mind-body-spirit connection. I find the book inspiring with sections to help me understand what I can do to balance my energy centers.
Kimberley
I absolutely loved this book. It had a ton of great ideas on how to balance my chakras and they were easy. This book is not your typical read on chakra clearing. There are practical everyday things you can do in this book. It's worth a read.
Lisa
loving this- so far i find it to be the best book on chakra balancing i have read (or have tried to read!!) she's a great writer, and the information is very easy to absorb and make sense of.
TJ
This was on our yoga teacher training book list. It goes through our seven chakras (energy centers) and asks questions on how to tell if they're low or high and how to balance them.
YorkshireSue
Nov 24, 2007 YorkshireSue rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginners re chakras
Just browsing thru it from time to time with plans to read and work through it more thoroughly as time permits. Seems to be very basic but clear re chakras and their energies.
Katie
So many practical ways to increase your confidence and balance all of the day's responsibilities and activities. I highly recommend this book.
Hayley
Good book, that explores the chakra system, and helps you understand if you might have imbalances, and things you can do to balance them.
Heidi
wow. a very good introduction to chakras. accessible for Christians and non-Christians alike.
Carolyn
Very eye opening. Gave me some wonderful ideas on how to really tap into ones intuition
Evalyne Bryant-ward
Great book for self reflection.
Leanne Holitza
Great book for beginners on chakras.
Debra Moffitt
A plus on most any bookshelf.
Pj
Pj marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Jennine Fuentes
Jennine Fuentes marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Carlos Rainha
Carlos Rainha is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
wynter piekarz
wynter piekarz is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2014
Lyra Wilks
Lyra Wilks marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Tatjana
Tatjana is currently reading it
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System Diary of a Psychic The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want