Start by marking “True Balance: A Commonsense Guide for Renewing Your Spirit” as Want to Read:
True Balance: A Commonsense Guide for Renewing Your Spirit

True Balance: A Commonsense Guide for Renewing Your Spirit

"When you balance your seven energy centers, you reclaim your natural rights and reestablish your natural order. You begin to undo the damage that was caused by living your life backward, from the head first, forgetting the body and spirit altogether. As with everything in nature, if your life isn't supported by a grounded source of energy, it will wither and lose its vita ...more
Published March 10th 2010 by Harmony (first published May 2nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about True Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Balance

Carolyn Amundson
Nov 28, 2012 Carolyn Amundson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A non-traditional and less-intellectual approach to the chakras. Each chakra (starting at the root) is described, with its physical and emotional effects on the body. There are questions to figure out whether each chakra is/not in balance and some ideas of addressing imbalances. Humorously, there are movie recommendations for balancing each chakra.
Christine
Apr 02, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite honestly this book changed my life by causing a spiritual awakening. It made me look at the world around me differently in the sense that I felt more empowered to change things in my life that weren't serving me anymore or giving me ideas to bring things into my life that could nurture my spirit. Before this book I was simply blind to this power within myself.
Krista
Jan 26, 2008 Krista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-to-finish
I turned to this book to better understand how Chakras work in the physical body. I firmly believe in the mind-body-spirit connection. I find the book inspiring with sections to help me understand what I can do to balance my energy centers.
Lori Straus
I only made it half-way. It is a good book, gives you lots to think about (if you're into "new age" type stuff). Unfortunately, though, it didn't hold my attention long enough to finish. I've since moved on to a million other books. I very likely will come back to it, but not right now.
Kimberley
May 17, 2011 Kimberley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It had a ton of great ideas on how to balance my chakras and they were easy. This book is not your typical read on chakra clearing. There are practical everyday things you can do in this book. It's worth a read.
Leanne Holitza
Great book for beginners on chakras.
Carolyn
Very eye opening. Gave me some wonderful ideas on how to really tap into ones intuition
Katie
May 30, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many practical ways to increase your confidence and balance all of the day's responsibilities and activities. I highly recommend this book.
Hayley
Mar 04, 2013 Hayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, that explores the chakra system, and helps you understand if you might have imbalances, and things you can do to balance them.
YorkshireSue
Nov 24, 2007 YorkshireSue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginners re chakras
Just browsing thru it from time to time with plans to read and work through it more thoroughly as time permits. Seems to be very basic but clear re chakras and their energies.
Julie Tegni
Mar 05, 2014 Julie Tegni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple and clear resource book/workbook regarding the chakras and tips to get back in balance. Love this book!
TJ
Jul 20, 2009 TJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was on our yoga teacher training book list. It goes through our seven chakras (energy centers) and asks questions on how to tell if they're low or high and how to balance them.
Lisa
Jun 20, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loving this- so far i find it to be the best book on chakra balancing i have read (or have tried to read!!) she's a great writer, and the information is very easy to absorb and make sense of.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2011
Harsha Kumar
Harsha Kumar rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Leena Dictionary
Leena Dictionary rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Shishir Nath Kanth
Shishir Nath Kanth rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Hayley
Hayley rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Liza Ann  Acosta
Liza Ann Acosta rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2011
Kim Moore
Kim Moore rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2009
Imibroccoli
Imibroccoli rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Cathy Carpenter
Cathy Carpenter rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2011
Mathew Klinge
Mathew Klinge rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2013
WendyJudyAudrey
WendyJudyAudrey rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Ramu
Ramu rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Tauri
Tauri rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Journey Home
  • Wake Up Now: A Guide to the Journey of Spiritual Awakening
  • The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year
  • The Way to God
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Creating True Prosperity
  • Explorers of the Infinite: The Secret Spiritual Lives of Extreme Athletes--and What They Reveal About Near-Death Experiences, Psychic Communication, and Touching the Beyond
  • Sea Magic: Connecting with the Ocean's Energy
  • Essential Spirituality: The 7 Central Practices to Awaken Heart and Mind
  • The Abundance Book
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Getting in the Gap
  • The God Code
  • The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse: A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with Your Soul's Deepest Purpose
  • Remembering the Future: The Path to Recovering Intuition
  • Be A Goddess! A Guide to Celtic Spells and Wisdom for Self-Healing, Prosperity and Great Sex
  • The Courage To Start: A Guide To Running for Your Life