Soup: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture

Soup: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  26 reviews
An inspirational fable by 'The Energy Coach' Jon Gordon for anyone who needs to boost their team's morale and productivity. It uses a soup metaphor to explain the 'recipe' managers can use to nourish their organizational culture and boost employee morale and productivity.
Published May 24th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2010)

Anthony
A little on the cheesy side, however it does serve up a recipe to create a culture of trust and passion. A good quick read for anyone looking for a burst of inspiration in trying to turn their culture around.
Kelly Haithcock
I plan on re-reading this one again in a few weeks after I get finished with some leisure reading.

I am a new manager in my company and I found a lot of the issues the main character faced similar. I am working through our new year objectives and I believe this is going to help me tremendously.
Mindy Hostetler
Inspiring & insightful information on the recipe to reach your team and build a trusting and family-like relationship with your employees. The way the info is laid out is as a cute enough story, but that aspect wasn't very well written in my opinion. From a story perspective I'd rate this book as something a high schooler could have written, but from a business leader's perspective on the actual "recipe to sucess", I couldn't agree more.
Urmylifenow
This cute story has incredible information for those of us who are managers, and need some inspiration for our Teams. I took so many of the lessons here and have applied them to the way I manage my staff. Large or small, the steps will work for any team! Extremely helpful! A must read for anyone that is looking for help with motivating employees and creating an atmosphere where everyone 'stirs the pot!'
Susan
One of the best books I have ever read. It includes story with non-fiction reading that gives real meaning to bringing passion to whatever job you do. Tons of lessons to learn from it, be reminded of, and live out. I need to be a stirrer of my own soup despite other's decisions. I need to find the passion in whatever job I do. I need to be the instigator of change.
Mtbike40
Jon Gordon delivers again with an excellent book on the building strong positive teams. Jon is a master of telling a story to share business concepts that will work with any company. I liked that Joy from the Energy Bus made a cameo appearance in this book. I would recommend this book for anyone who believes in the power of positive attitude.
Lori
Small, super easy book that I liked a lot. It istold in story format. Picture your grandma putting all of her love into making the home made soup and see how this concept translates itself into the work environment. Everyone is a leader. I hope everyone finds a way to "stir the pot in this way"!
Terry
Great leadership book! As a CEO I feel like I have to do many of the things in this book to survie! However, I feel this book will be great for my sups!
PS yes we are snowed in today, so that is the reason for all the reviews!
Jill Hardy
Quick read, good common sense book tthat makes you rethin
k what you already know, brings imperfect to the front. The chaper, I think 22 when it talked about the relationships it really touched home. Plan to share with my networking group.
Marc Bowers
This is an excellent book by Jon Gordon. His storytelling while providing invaluable information is amazing. If you want to create a strong and super team along with business culture then you must read this book.
Karyn Lewis
Very easy to read parable about a company that finds inspiration from a wise grandma who shares what makes her soup so wonderful. Gordon gives sound advice to leaders in all areas of life. Glad I read it!
Kim
Another great read by Jon Gordon. He does such a great job with his parables/stories. If you have a team or co-workers, this is a book worth reading.
Jennifer Calhoun
Had to read it for work and thought it was ok but over simplifying and idealistic about how culture change can happen in corporate america.
Deb
Favorite book about building a culture where you are nourished and thriving. This is a very gentle story, with a lot of impact.
Darnella Moore
One of the best organizational leadership books I've read in a while. A must read, particularly for organizational leaders.
Inna
Engagement, optimism, woman CEO, we are family, people management, leadership and you as a main ingredient of your soup.
André Gomes
Nice story. Good principles.

Check by personal notes at http://www.slideshare.net/andrefaria/...
Nathan Collier
I like these fables, but it's hard not to wonder if real companies have turnarounds like this.
Ryan Gluth
Probably one of the best leadership books I've read, culture is everything! A must read!
Charlie Roberts
Just finished reading. An awesome book on how to make a great company!!!
Ali Crain
Easy read that helps provide the right ingredients for your successful team
David
Jun 30, 2012 David added it
Shelves: leaderhsip
A good book on leading through change and building culture.
Drew
A good read for the clueless. Otherwise, steer clear.
Anderu002
i think it's a good book...
Jane
A good Jon Gordon book.
Annette
Read this after Training Camp
Jeffrey
Easy story to read. A creative metaphor for positive leadership.
Walterfgreen
Walterfgreen is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Jordan Buell
Jordan Buell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jon Gordon is an American business consultant and author on the topics of leadership, culture, sales, and teamwork.

Jon Gordon's best-selling books and talks have inspired readers and audiences around the world. His principles have been put to the test by numerous NFL, NBA, and college coaches and teams, Fortune 500 companies, school districts, hospitals and non-profits. He is the author of The Wal...more
More about Jon Gordon...
The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work The Positive Dog

“when it comes to building a successful business, it’s not the numbers that the drive the people, but rather the people and relationships that drive the numbers. Creating those relationships and developing that teamwork had to be their top priority.” 0 likes
“While your company has had other leaders stir the pot, they have never had you lead the way. The past is the past. The leaders before you made decisions that resulted in bad soup. But you can make new soup, and, remember, the most important ingredient is you. Who stirs the pot matters, and you, my dear, matter a lot.” 0 likes