Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat

The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat (The Berenstain Bears)

Papa and the cubs take Mama to Bear Country Grill for a special treat From getting to the restaurant until dessert time, the night is full of fun and adventure. With the Bears, nothing is boring--especially not a night out on the town

Published December 29th 2009 by HarperFestival (first published November 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat

Cassandra Gelvin
Nov 10, 2016 Cassandra Gelvin rated it liked it
Skip this one and stay home.

Pretty inane. Doesn't really go anywhere. Meanders around for a long time and doesn't really seem to have a point.

Not a whole lot to say about this. I disagree with the feeding philosophy, but it's pretty standard for most people. It kind of sucks that Mama still has to be in charge of a lot of things even though it's supposed to be her night off.

The bears go out to eat. They have to wait a while. Papa takes the cubs for a walk. Mama almost falls asleep. She won't let
Stef
Nov 27, 2016 Stef rated it did not like it
This might've been my least favorite Berenstain Bear book that I've read so far. I read the title, thinking, "Surely something more might happen. Surely there's more to this than them going out to eat." Nope. There isn't. They literally just go out to eat, even the opening poem suggests that there will be some kind of adventure or lesson learned ("Dining out/though quite a treat/is a lot of work/for a bite to eat!"). I just don't understand the point of this one. (Do they have to have a point? I ...more
Nicole
Apr 04, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
The genre of this book is a picture book. The age group for this book is between 4-8. This book is about the Berenstain Bears going out to eat as a family. I rated this book 4 stars because it is a good book for children but it can be a little lengthy for readers thats just begging to read. The plot of this story was the family wanted to take Mama bear out to eat because she works so hard and the cubs and Pap bear wanted to give her a break. The characters in this book is Mama bear, Papa bear, B ...more
Sheeba Virani
This book is a perfect way of teaching children restaurant manners and etiquette. Many times children are unaware of the environment in a restaurant and do not know how to behave. This book helps them understand what happens when you go out to eat.

Extension
After reading the book set up a restaurant in the pretend play area. In small groups practice while playing restaurant with the children. This will help them learn social skills.
Kelly Morgan
Dec 01, 2012 Kelly Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: family
The berenstain bears ate classic book. This particular book, talks about how the family prepares to go out to dinner. When they go out to dinner , daddy over eats. I would read this story to younger grades during health week. Its not healthy for people to overheat. It is also a family book that students could possibly relate to.
Rosa Cline
Apr 05, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
The Berenstain Bears have always been a favorite of ours. I've never read this book. It was a good one about giving Mama a night off... they all go out to eat at the local restaurant. They have to stand in line and wait for a table to become open; which was sometimes hard for the children but because they wanted to give Mama a good night they remembered their manors and they all had a good night.
chucklesthescot
Mar 31, 2011 chucklesthescot rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, children
After a hard week of housework, it is time for Mama Bear to be treated to a nice meal at Bear Country Grill. Brother and Sister Bear find that waiting for the food can seem like a lifetime when you feel hungry, and Mama wants to be sure that the three children eat a balanced meal.
Kathleen Meacham
Aug 20, 2016 Kathleen Meacham rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book with my grand-daughter, Madison, who is 4-years old. It was fun, but also teaches respect for parents, and how to act while in a restaurant. My grand-daughter picked how many stars to rate this.
Allison C. McCulloch
Mama Bear does all the work, so let's take her out to eat! And when she makes us eat broccoli instead of fries, we'll say okay! Whatever....
Christina
Oct 25, 2015 Christina rated it it was amazing
Mama Bear is always busy. She takes care of the family and does all the household chores. One night, the family decides to give Mama Bear a night off and take her out to dinner.
T Crockett
May 19, 2013 T Crockett rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Each time we read it I wonder if the kids relate it at all to their own parents' experience eating out. I'll ask next time.
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2017
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Mbrooke
Mbrooke rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2013
Olga
Olga rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Rainier
Rainier rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2012
Sarah Kuhlman
Sarah Kuhlman rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Ms. Oz
Ms. Oz rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Smita
Smita rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Miri
Miri rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Rivers
Rivers rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Dannie
Dannie rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2013
Shay
Shay rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Jenni Schell
Jenni Schell rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Michele Hulsey
Michele Hulsey rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Glamour868
Glamour868 rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Cordelia
Cordelia rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Berenstain Bears Hug and Make Up
More about Jan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nursery Tales
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nature Guide
  • The Berenstain Bears' Science Fair (Berenstain Bears)
  • Papa's Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Storybook Treehouse
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wild, Wild Honey
  • Berenstain Bears Go Fly a Kite
  • The Berenstain Bears' Soccer Star (mini book)
  • The Berenstain Bears and The Big Election