Start by marking “The Journey Home: My Father's Story of Cancer, Faith and Life-Changing Miracles” as Want to Read:
The Journey Home: My Father's Story of Cancer, Faith and Life-Changing Miracles

Read eBook

The Journey Home: My Father's Story of Cancer, Faith and Life-Changing Miracles

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  9 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Journey Home is the inspiring story of a father’s battle with cancer, and the miraculous parting message he left for his family.

Despite crippling symptoms from cancer, David Hanneman finished his life with renewed Catholic faith. His example, and the miracles witnessed by his family, give compelling witness to how each life has an incredible destination – in eternity.
Published March 4th 2010 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Journey Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey Home

Joseph Hanneman
Apr 13, 2010 Joseph Hanneman rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: anyone who has lost a loved one; anyone needing a faith booster.
I am pleased and honored to present the inspiring story of my father's final six months of life.

During the many ups and downs on this journey, I had a growing sense that there was more going on than met the eye. As we progressed from a dreaded cancer diagnosis to the day Dad was called home to God, I felt he was being led.

I walked beside Dad on this journey, but it wasn't until after he left us that I fully understood why. In his suffering, faith and perseverance, there was a story to tell.

On
Christina
Jul 26, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A poignant and emotional journey. I enjoyed the message that was woven throughout this story. If you've ever watched a love one suffer and eventually pass on due to cancer this book will hit home and touch your heart.
Dawn
May 31, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it
Won this book - Quite a memorial to a father who passed on his faith in his religion to his family. Touching, and amazing strength written into these pages.
Kathy Gibbs
Sep 05, 2013 Kathy Gibbs rated it liked it
I thought the writing was less than terrific. Somehow it seems one shouldn't write a negative review of a book like this, but I didn't think it was worth the time. Either for a good story or for inspiration.
Yiming Zhang
Aug 01, 2010 Yiming Zhang rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-ebooks
To be tested
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Amy Garbo
Amy Garbo rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2013
Margie Romero
Margie Romero rated it it was amazing
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2010
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2010
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2010
Mitzi
Mitzi marked it as to-read
Ann Kerr
Ann Kerr marked it as to-read
Thomas Heffner
Thomas Heffner marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Bahir
Bahir marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2010
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2010
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2010
Mary Harvey
Mary Harvey marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2010
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2010
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2010
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2010
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2010
Linda Morales
Linda Morales marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2010
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2010
Kelly Mazza
Kelly Mazza marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2010
Mike Benner
Mike Benner marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2010
Karen Wagster
Karen Wagster marked it as to-read
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2010
Shellie Duffy
Shellie Duffy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2010
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2010
Diane Vinesett
Diane Vinesett marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2010
Special Offer for Goodreads 1 1 Jun 17, 2010 09:26AM
Although he'd been writing professionally for more than 25 years, it was a family tragedy that propelled Joseph M. Hanneman into writing his first book. Helping care for his father during three years of illness provided the motivation and story behind The Journey Home: My Father's Story of Cancer, Faith and Life-Changing Miracles.

Many things along his father's final journey hinted that this was a
More about Joseph M. Hanneman...

“This is the story of how Dad lived with his lung cancer. But it is much more. Through his illness and the miracles we experienced, I came to see that Dad's was not just a journey. It was a journey home. Home to God. ” 13 likes