Start by marking “Haunted by Desire” as Want to Read:
Haunted by Desire

Haunted by Desire (Charmed #6)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  588 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
HAUNTED BY DESIRE "Anger, envy, wrath, and rage
Hold her tightly like a cage.
With bitter tears and lover's sins
My final revenge at last begins!"

Phoebe Halliwell thinks taking a college course will add some intellectual excitement to her life. And she is definitely excited when she meets Brett, a gorgeous guy in her class. Too bad he's got a jealous ex-girlfriend, Wendy.

W
Published October 1st 2000 by Turtleback Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted by Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted by Desire

Jonathan Currinn
Mar 14, 2014 Jonathan Currinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hesitant while reading this book. I loved the series, and I constantly watch old episodes. These books have been pretty good so far, but the book before wasn't as amazing as the other books. However this one knocked the rest out of the park.

Cameron Dokey got the characters down to a tee. The first two chapters took me a while but after that, I felt like I was watching another Charmed episode.

It was full of action, magic and excitement. I was excited to find a perfect page-turner.

I was engr
Megan
I thought Prue and Piper seemed really juvenile, ridiculously so, and that hampered my enjoyed of this book quite a bit. So on the whole, the story was just okay.
Christy
Oct 03, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans, Halloween
Recommended to Christy by: Charmed
Haunted by Desire, which for years I thought was Desirê instead of Desire, is the sixth book in the series based off the show. I gave this book a four star because Piper and Prue drove me nuts through most of the book and I wanted to smack both of them. Phoebe's mission in this book I loved. She had to solve a murder mystery and most of the way she was on her own.

The sisters had me worried for a while that is for sure, but Cameron Dokey did a great job. I love the back of this books incantation
Katelynn
Oct 20, 2008 Katelynn added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one ...!
Recommended to Katelynn by: my dad's girlfriend...!
This book is a really great book. If you first read it you can stop in till you finish it. I honestly loved this book. It was mystery book. Well if you have ever seen the show "CHARMED" then you would know how very thing is. I aslo LOVE the shows too.
It is about three witches, good ones though, who fight evil. The oldest is Prue, The miiddle child is Piper, and the youngest is Phobe. Each one in this book had there own problem. Phobe was trying to solve a mystery for extra credit in her collag
Noa
Oct 30, 2014 Noa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good addition to the Charmed books. Overall the story is pretty average, It was still a good read though. Dylan seemed like a generic Warlock that you would see on the show. Prue and Piper at each other throats, I admit is was kind of different to see that, as they didn't do that in the show, that much, anyway. The Halloween mystery murder of 1958 was what made the book enjoyable for me. Phoebe trying to summon the dead on her own and just kicking ass, with a supernatural side touch, very fun ...more
Jessie Radford
A book based on a late 90's T.V. show. Roughly under 200 pages, it is a light read. I wasn't very pleased with the split story line. But I must say I the secondary story line featuring Piper and Prue once again goes to show just how ruthless Prue can be. Even to her own sister. The first story line was much more interesting. The ending even held a little twist for me. But I did find the wrapping up of all points was very hokey.
Suvi
Jan 13, 2015 Suvi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another book more from the point of view of individual sisters, which we didn't see enough of during the show. liked the two separate plots too, even if they contradict with what we know of the sisters a bit.
Britt
Sep 12, 2009 Britt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
9/10/09
Book 1.

So I found this book in a classroom, and I decided to read it for my 100 book challenge, since you know, it's quick.
Well, as I expected the book was SUPER stupid. I swear I read the phrase IT'S TIME TO PAY THE PRICE like 8 times.

I've never been interested in Charmed, but I do know that Prue and Dylan end up together. And they even have a baby. But there was some drama and he got banished or something.

But in this book, he's TOTALLY devious and is out to kill the sisters. Maybe that'
Sarah.e
Oct 05, 2014 Sarah.e rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Found it hard to get in to to start off with but once I got stuck in I couldn't pull myself away!
Chené
Dec 09, 2014 Chené rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
This was another quick escape charmed adventure! Once again the girls are getting themselves knee deep in drama. Piper & Prue fall for the same guy and basically go to war over him & Phoebe gets caught up on a murder mystery for extra credit! I really am still loving this series and they are perfect for the reading phase I am in at the moment!

Final Thoughts: This was another fun light read!
Amanda
I love the Charmed TV series and read this because I love the show so much. I found that while I liked the book, the show is definetly better for the magical aspects, pacing etc. This might be biased as I loved the show so much but I thought that it was a good read but I would pick the show over these spin off books any day.
Alison
Jun 03, 2013 Alison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought the story was interesting and kind of creepy. I have read a fair few of the Charmed books and found this to be one the better ones although I do enjoy all of them, kind of a guilty pleasure of mind since I am a massive fan of the show.
Mikana
Oct 08, 2015 Mikana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
A charming book for fans of the tv show.
Feb 11, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts
I loved reading Prue and Piper fight over the same guy, but the whole ghost haunting thing, was kind of scary.
Sabrina
Apr 16, 2010 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
This boook was really good. i definately recommend this book to people who like solving Mysteries 10/10
Luke Parr
Mar 14, 2013 Luke Parr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book truly creeped me out! It's great!
Marloes
Jul 10, 2010 Marloes rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who watched Charmed
Recommended to Marloes by: Charmed
Shelves: witches
Nice, I liked the story.
Ariana Jouzdani
Oct 09, 2008 Ariana Jouzdani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: eveyone!!
Recommended to Ariana by: library
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Vampiress_demitri
Sister drama!
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Amberly Reilly
Amberly Reilly marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Brooke Clark
Brooke Clark marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Sophia Adam
Sophia Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
JayDee Peterson
JayDee Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Beatrix
Beatrix marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Spirit of the Wolf (Charmed, #12)
  • Something Wiccan This Way Comes (Charmed, #17)
  • Inherit the Witch (Charmed, #23)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Charmed, #22)
  • House of Shards (Charmed, #37)
Cameron Dokey is an American author living in Seattle, Washington. She has a collection of over 50 old sci-fi and horror films. Cameron was born in the Central Valley of California. Cameron grew up reading classical literature and mythology, perhaps due to her father, Richard, being a teacher of Philosophy, Creative Writing, and Western Literature.

Cameron has one husband and three cats, and is th
More about Cameron Dokey...

Charmed (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Charmed Again (Charmed, #11)