Just Right (Bradfords, #1)

Just Right (The Bradfords #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,298 ratings  ·  96 reviews
To save one good man, she’ll have to let her inner bad girl out to play… ER nurse Jessica Bradford is a good girl. Okay, a reformed bad girl, but she’s done her late father proud. Now she’s one step away from landing Dr. Perfect, aka handsome, sexy, heroic Ben Torres—the hot fudge and cherry on top of her hard work scooping out a respectable life. Ben learned the art of...more
Published March 30th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Just Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Right

She's the One by Erin NicholasJust a Kiss by Erin NicholasJust for Fun by Erin NicholasJust My Type by Erin NicholasJust Like That by Erin Nicholas
Best Erin Nicholas Books
6th out of 19 books — 21 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenShe's the One by Erin NicholasJust Right by Erin NicholasJust Like That by Erin NicholasJust My Type by Erin Nicholas
LOVE LOVE LOVE
3rd out of 262 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
I enjoyed this book quite a bit, was it perfect no and there were parts I found annoying as we were supposed to especially Jessica's insistence on making Ben perfect and wanting him to still be an ER surgeon when he quits and says he doesn't want to instead wants to be selfish for once in his life.

Jessica is an ER nurse and incredibly responsible who always does the right thing but that wasn't always the case, she grew up with a do-gooder father who gave away all the money they had except for es...more
Manda Collins
Aug 20, 2010 Manda Collins rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of ER, Meg Benjamin, Medical Romance
Shelves: contemporary
Fun sexy contemporary from Erin Nicholas. The heroine, Jessica, has been walking the straight and narrow ever since her father died when she was twenty, leaving her to raise her younger brother and sister. She's an emergency room nurse and oozes responsibility, so she's the first one the hospital administration chooses to babysit hottie Dr. Ben Torres, who's just put the hospital at risk for a huge lawsuit by punching out a patient. Since Jess has been crushing on Ben for a while she's more than...more
Jessica
It started off cute and light, then got strangely preachy. The heroine was interesting at first, then it started to get like she had a really really misspent youth, but... eh, the reveal didn't really seem so bad to me that she felt like she had to do penance for a whole decade. And the hero, who spent many of his younger years in Africa...

Okay, seriously? Africa is a big continent with a lot of stuff going on. So these hints about African masks, and helping farmers learn how to farm, and not ge...more
Emily
ER nurse Jessica Bradford is the epitome of a hard worker in control of everything she touches, although on the surface it appears that way, inside she is often lonely but her past mistakes continue to drive her to set a positive standard for others. Jessica does entertain one revolving fantasy though, that of Dr. Ben Torres, the man oozes sex appeal and bad boy status, and Jessica can’t seem to get him out of her mind.

Ben has had a crush on Jessica since he caught her bent over and a glimpse of...more
Jane
Really enjoyed this book was nice little book to get lost in for a couple hours and as training to be a nurse totally related to some of it. Wish all paramedics where as hunky and the ones in this series. Really do recommend as a good read.
Tina ~
I really like work place romances but this is oh so much more. Both wounded Jessica and Ben dance around their feelings. They have solid reasons for their reservations (being co-workers is only one) and it's simply wonderful to watch these two strong willed, intelligent, passionate people learn about themselves and how to love each other. Erin Nicholas is not afraid to show the flaws in either of her characters and not only is it refreshing it makes them so much more real. You don't get the kind...more
Jess
There's not much I enjoy more in my little book world than getting a freebie from Amazon and completely loving it! I'm the exact target Amazon's going for because as soon as I finished this book, I bought the next 2 in the series. I loved everything about this one - characters I fell hard for, great story, strong supporting cast that made me look forward to their books.

Great read!
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Kristen Kern
this was the one that got me started on Erin Nicholas....I think she is a very talented writer....I've read all the Bradfords books to date, and they keep getting better.....definitely worth the time and money IMO. I'm also hoping there will be additions to the Bradfords series.:-)
Karen Voitik
I loved this book. Ben was like an anti hero. He had the looks and skill, but lost his passion for his job. Jessica is a nurse who works with Ben and worshipped him from afar. She finds out he doesn't belong on the pedestal she put him on. The fun in the story is seeing these two out of their comfort zones. The interactions between Jessica and her brother and his friends were very light and fun to read. I am glad I discovered this series so I can see where the characters go in the next book. The...more
Trish Edmisten
This book is a great start to such a wonderful series. Erin Nicholas has a knack for creating characters that are believable and relatable yet somehow larger than life. When I started reading, I couldn't seem to stop.

My favorite moment has to be the bar scene where Jess first goes to rescue Ben. I don't want to say too much for those of you who haven't read it yet, but you'll know it when you get there.

If you like romance that's realistic then you're going to love this book. It will definitely...more
S
Oct 04, 2010 S rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, kindle
too long--needed editing
Crystal Singer
Everyone has a favorite “go to” author. The one that no matter what….you know you’ll love their book and smile while reading the whole time! Erin Nicholas is that author for me! No matter what she writes, I love! She never disappoints!! I read the Bradford series a long time ago, but decided to a re-read of each book so I could leave reviews!
Just Right is book one in the Bradford Series. It’s about oh so sexy doctor, Ben Torres and always in charge Jessica Bradford. When Ben gets fed up with me...more
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jan 13, 2013 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Contemp Romance Lovers
Ben Torres had it all – he’s handsome, intelligent, has great friends, and a career he’s extremely passionate about… until Ben decided he’d had enough of his good deeds somehow always getting punished. Being a doctor was supposed to be a fulfilling job where he could improve and save the lives of so many each day, but no one in medical school told him about the lives he would save that would go on to kill so many others. Ben took an oath to help people, but he now finds himself asking questions...more
Stella
Just Right is Book #1 in the Bradfords series which is about three siblings (Jessica, Sam and Sara). I first read Book #3 (Just My Type which is Sara's story) because I had no idea it was part of a series. I loved Erin Nicholas' writing and humour so much that I immediately bought Book #1 and #2 and I knew that I would be in for a treat. And I was not disappointed!

Just Right is Jessica's story: she is the eldest sibling, who was once a rebellious teenager but who stepped up and raised her broth...more
Heather in FL
This is my first Erin Nicholas story, and it was really sweet. Probably closer to 3-1/2 stars than 3, but certain things bugged me.

Jessica is a reformed wild child. Because of how she was raised, she sort of rebelled against responsibility for a short while and then was jolted back into needing to be the responsible one. She appears to have everything together. She is everyone's go-to person for stability. She's an ER nurse. And she has a massive crush on Ben.

Ben is an ER doctor. He has been fe...more
Sarah Eiseman
This is the first book in her Branfords series and my first time reading her work. I met this author at Rom Con in 2010 and was pretty psyched when I came across her book in my searches on Amazon. Overall, I really liked Nicholas’s writing. She has a great voice, the characters were interesting, and the underlying story (not the romance part) was probably something that really does happen.

ER Surgeon Ben Torres is the best. He knows–and everyone else–knows this. So when he decides he’s had enough...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Hi all! I noticed Samhain was re-releasing a great series this week and Erin Nicolas has a new one in this series coming out next week, so I decided a re-read was in order. Since this series hasn’t been review on the site, I decided to review them as I read because hopefully these are new to some of you and you’ll enjoy them as much as I do.
Just Right by Erin Nicholas is the first book in the Bradford’s series. The “actual” Bradfords consist of Jessica, S...more
Stephanie
Just Right is just as fun the second time around. Jessica and Ben pulled me in just like before.

Opposites attract or opposite desires for the future attract in this book. Ben doesn't want to be a doctor anymore. Jessica can't wrap her mind around Ben not wanting to help people. Conflict abounds between them.

It’s easy to understand why Ben doesn’t want to be a doctor anymore as his past is revealed. Ben’s decision leads Jessica to wonder if the fantasy she created around Ben is better than the r...more
Tina
This is the first book in the Bradfords series and I cannot wait to read the rest. Erin has such a way of bringing her characters together that have you feeling like you’re right there with them. I did not want to put this book down until I was finished reading it.

Dr. Ben Torres is a surgeon at the same hospital where Jessica Bradford is an ER nurse and many people consider him a hero. He’s been interested in Jessica for a long time, but one night while working in the ER has his temper getting...more
Sana Noor
Radella
I wanted to like this book, I really did.
I suppose part of my problem was that I wanted Grey's Anatomy or ER in book form... and to some extent, that was accomplished.
Jessica is the no-nonsense ER nurse, who can take charge of any situation. So when the star surgeon, Ben, throws a temper tantrum, she's the one chosen to "babysit" him. They both struggle with guilt from their past, and their mutual attraction.
However, I found there were parts that I guess I'm too prudish for... there were two sex...more
Bree

I don't even know why this book was in my "To Read" category on my Kindle. All I can think is that I must have gotten it for free at one point from Amazon. I don't generally read books like this, lol, but I guess one every now and then can't hurt. :)

There's not much you can say about this book, except for the obvious. It's a sexy romance. They don't actually have sex until like 2/3 of the way through, but somehow manage to mostly think about it through the majo...more
Karen
This is book 1 in the Bradford series.

Just right is all about Jessica Bradford. She works at the local hospital as an ER nurse. Jessica is very much in control of every situation that is thrown at her. She is the oldest sibling to brother Sam and sister Sara. Jessica has had to bring up her brother and sister as their mother left them and their father died.

Ben is a surgeon at the hospital. One day they are in the ER department dealing with a patient and Ben ends up losing it and getting suspen...more
Tamla Jones
Hot, Steamy, and Romantic

Ben and Jessica two people trying their best to be what other people want them to be. Ben discouraged by life wanting to be a bad boy with no responsibility Jessica a former bad girl all about responsibility when they connect watch out inferno. This book was very hot and steamy. Romance and humour was spread throughout I never wanted it to end
Lisa
Based on my past experiences with Kindle freebies, I wasn't expecting much out of this book. I ended up being pleasantly surprised! I haven't read "romance" novels in a long time, preferring plot lines, character development, and action over bedroom scenes - but this book actually managed to contain all of the above. A few things I noted that weren't great: the male protagonist is full of himself and immature, which really doesn't seem to fit in with his description and past. Could have been a m...more
J B
Ok perhaps because this is an earlier novel it's not as well developed as it could've been. Had I read this one first I don't think I'd have been hooked on the author's writing as I am. That being said....I'll give the next one a go - however since I read the Counting on Love series I have enough insight that I won't be heartbroken if I can't manage to finish!
Jessica
Closer to 2.5 stars. The MCs spent nearly the entire book judging one another and Jessica was especially annoying about it. Too bad, because Jessicas are usually awesome (objective opinion.) I skimmed some parts, especially at the end because the "why aren't you fulfilling your purpose?" conversations got zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Silvia
5 sexy starr

well well, i found my new fave author...the story were refreshing, full of funny and hilarious moment but hot as hell he he he.. what i love was the hero alpha male mode he he he...

jessica was a sexy woman , completed with ben torres one hot alpha male doctor..their past bantered so hot and sexy as hell...

im looking forward read the next series
Liza
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates, #1)
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • The Matchmakers
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • All in Time
  • Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1)
  • Gemini Moon
  • Immortal (Clare Point, #3)
  • Spoilt
  • Swept Away
  • Snowy Night Seduction
Erin Nicholas is the author of sexy contemporary romances. Her stories have been described as toe-curling, enchanting, steamy and fun. She loves to write about reluctant heroes, imperfect heroines and happily ever afters. She lives in the Midwest with her husband who only wants to read the sex scenes in her books, her kids who will never read the sex scenes in her books, and family and friends who...more
More about Erin Nicholas...
Just My Type (Bradfords, #3) Just Like That (Bradfords, #2) Anything You Want (Anything & Everything, #1) She's the One (Counting on Love, #1) Just for Fun (Bradfords, #4)

“She walked around the edge of the table to position her next shot. As she pulled her cue back she was confident that she would only need one more shot after this. But as she started her forward motion, Ben leaned over.
"Look at this picture," he said softly. "A long stick, hard balls, you bent over the table..."
She missed.”
0 likes
“If it was just a fling, brief and minimally emotional, then she could have the amazing sex she was sure Ben would deliver - and that she deserved, dammit - but she didn't have to worry that he would eventually let her down. She would know going in not to expect anything more. Could she have an affair and not want more?” 0 likes