Start by marking “Off We Go to Mexico: An Adventure in the Sun” as Want to Read:
Off We Go to Mexico: An Adventure in the Sun

Off We Go to Mexico: An Adventure in the Sun

"Learn Spanish words!"--Dust jacket cover.
Published March 1st 2006 by Barefoot Books (first published February 13th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Off We Go to Mexico, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off We Go to Mexico

Rory Scott Douglas
Dec 04, 2013 Rory Scott Douglas rated it it was amazing
This fun, informative holiday to Tierra Azteca is a great foray into the spanish language and mexican culture. The simple text and vibrant illustrations give a real feel of what it might be like to visit Mexico.

Each double page spread has key words translated into spanish and has a different unique feature that the country has to offer. The book follows a family holiday so can be related back to very nicely. At the end of the book there is a beautiful map of the territory, a fact file about mex
Feb 08, 2010 Tori rated it really liked it
From the warm beach to the depths of an urban market, this story takes you through Mexico while tutoring your child in Spanish! Fun, educational, great for little globe-trotters...
As always, you can find this and all other Barefoot Books on my website.
This is a fun and colorful children's book that teaches them all about Mexico and the culture there. It gives a short story but in the back of the book it has fun facts all about their history and traditions. This is good for children who want more information and it could really get them interested in learning about a different part of the world. They can at least gain an appreciation and understanding through this book. In addition to the facts, they also have simple words and phrases in Spani ...more
Diana Thomsen
Jul 17, 2016 Diana Thomsen rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
This was so fun! I loved everything about it! The colors, the rhyme, the I need to take a trip to Mexico! Seriously! Because Mexico should use this as part of their tourism campaign. It is THAT GOOD!
Jan 09, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is entirely in Spanish which I don't speak, but we had fun reading it anyway. It seemed to be a tour of Mexico and some of the fun things you can see and do in Mexico. It was a lot of fun to read even without full comprehension. Reading in a language we don't understand gave us some time to talk about the words we either knew because they've been assimilated by our culture, or could guess because of similar language roots.
Apr 16, 2012 Inez rated it liked it
Off We Go to Mexico describes different scenic destinations in Mexico as well as elements of local culture, like mariachi bands. The family moves from one destination to the next and the illustrations are extremely colorful and grab your attention. I especially liked this book for it's expansive use of Spanish words that can be easily learned with the accompanying illustrations. The one problem I had was that I found some words were incorrectly translated, essentially becoming Spanglish. I think ...more
Jul 07, 2015 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jack by: Momo
Shelves: k-g-4
Introduction to some Spanish words. History snapshots.
Oct 07, 2009 Tara rated it it was amazing
This book is truely amazing! Illustrations are so detailed and unique. I need to read it again just to spend time drinking them in. You truely get a taste of Mexican culture. I couldn't stop smiling while reading this book! It is perfect for the Mexico unit about our neighbors I will be developing this semester and teaching in the spring. It even has a map, facts about Mexico today, a list of holidays, history, and "First Spanish Phrases". This is on my list of books to buy! Thanks Deanna for le ...more
Colorful illustrations of a story in English with Spanish words on the opposite page. I would have like the words more integrated.
Jul 25, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a simple rhyming book about tourist sites in Mexico, but every page includes Spanish language terms. The illustrations are brightly colored and jam-packed with things to look at. The simple rhymes make the book appropriate for young children, while the Spanish language words, and geographic and historical information on Mexico located at the back of the book extend the age range.
Dec 23, 2008 Emelda rated it it was ok
I don't know, I just didn't like the story very much. I liked the afterwords with history and such... Plus, I don't like buying books that mention zoos positively (NOT VEGAN! :) ). And by the end of the book, it's clear that this is a trip for the featured family, and multi-culti-tourism irks me.
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Song marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Saniya Butler
Saniya Butler marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Lindsay Beckman
Lindsay Beckman rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Cassia rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Coody Homeschool
Coody Homeschool rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Annah marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Megan rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Sara Willett
Sara Willett rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Anders Friesen
Anders Friesen marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Emma Warmington
Emma Warmington marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Michele marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Maritza Mejia
Maritza Mejia marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016