Start by marking “ART OF NEAL ADAMS HC” as Want to Read:
ART OF NEAL ADAMS HC

ART OF NEAL ADAMS HC

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The most luxurious book to-date devoted to the legendary Batman and X-Men comicbook and Tarzan book-cover artist, Neal Adams. From his Ben Casey newspaper strips to Creepy magazine work to groundbreaking comic books, Adams' work serves as an inspiration for every illustrator who works in the field to this day. His topflight 60s and `70s Marvel and DC work are perennial sel...more
Published December 15th 2010 by VANGUARD PRODUCTIONS (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about ART OF NEAL ADAMS HC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ART OF NEAL ADAMS HC

Kenneth
Adams isn't a particularly talented writer, but if you want the authoritative version of his life and career, this is probably the book for you, jam-packed with his wonderful artwork, including juvenilia (demonstrating that there actually was a time when "Neal Adams art" wasn't spectacularly great), early advertising jobs, his BEN CASEY newspaper strip, the WARP sci-fi musical, and contemporary non-comics projects. Another lovingly-produced volume from J. David Spurlock's Vanguard imprint.
Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

This book is a mixed bag, literally and figuratively speaking. For Neal Adams, the legendary Batman, X-Men and Tarzan artist, you actually don't see a lot of work from those titles. It has a bit of everything, from the old Ben Casey newspaper comic strips to personal works and paintings, but you still wish a bit more are included. The personal commentary is interesting to read.

As for the printing quality, some of the reproduction could have been sharper but that...more
Paul
More of an History of Neil Adams.
Definately not a BEST OF book.
Although this is an over-sized book, many of the art reproduced herein is so small as to be practically un-viewable :-(
We're given bits and pieces of Adam's work throughout the years from his very early days to his present day publicity and movie work.
We're also given some of his opinions about some of his work-colleagues.
But overall, we mostly get a "Hi, I'm Neal Adams, and I'm better than everybody else" sort of vibe.
Yeah, you ARE...more
Paul
I recently met Neal Adams at the 2013 Montreal Comiccon and had him sign this.
He basically smeared a blotch on the cover with a large marker, and charged me $20.
What a let-down!

This will probably be the last Comic Convention I ever atend.

About the "book"... it's more of a magazine, but it still looks better than the Art Of Neal Adams I recntly bought
Chris
Love Neal Adams artwork, but there was not enough of it, and his recollections were not very interesting.
Donald
Donald marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Donald Forster
Donald Forster marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Nick Atkins
Nick Atkins marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2011
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2011
Angela
Angela added it
Jun 02, 2011
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2011
Chris Carpenter
Chris Carpenter marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2011
61970
Neal Adams is an American comic book and commercial artist known for helping to create some of the definitive modern imagery of the DC Comics characters Superman, Batman, and Green Arrow; as the co-founder of the graphic design studio Continuity Associates; and as a creators-rights advocate who helped secure a pension and recognition for Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Adams was ind...more
More about Neal Adams...
Superman vs. Muhammad Ali Batman Illustrated, Vol. 1 Batman Illustrated, Vol. 2 Batman: Odyssey Batman Illustrated, Vol. 3